+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why all the upset warriors?

Why all the upset warriors?

Was on last night (shadowsong server) and noticed a ton of warrior bashing going on! Lots of peeps were saying how nerfed we are now and that druids and pallys can MT just as well if not better then we can.

Now i was under the impression that this patch was good for us and I was quite happy about it, is there something i am missing here??? Why all the whining and complaining going on??

Because ppl like to whine. Just ignore it.
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

Because people read just one line in the patch notes:
    Fury: I can't have DW anymore
    Arms: I can be disarmed!!
    Prot: Pallies are gonna steal our epix!
    And they don't read the full patch notes where we see we have gotten a lot of love.

Some other classes have gotten more love than us, tho. But my theory about this is that we were already more balanced compared with others ^_^

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

old: [item]Plans: Steelgrip Gauntlets[/item] / new: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23622

look what they did to my cloves well nvm the disarm, doesn't happan that much anyway and we got a lot of love indeed .
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

I'd say we were doing pretty darn well already and the buffs were welcome and nerfs not too bad. Getting disarmed by a few Rogues was different after so many months of immunity. Mace spec is fine still. The Devestate and Expertise buffs are fabulous. And the negative threat on Imp Zerker probably more than makes up for Deathwish by raising the threat cap.

I don't want to cry doom and gloom, but here is my opinion. We went to ZA last night through 4th boss (dragonhawk). I'm my guild's MT. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that a prot paladin tank (who was the offtank in the group) is superior.

I'm sure there is some small issues that may or may not make a warrior better, whether it be single taunt aggro or a spell reflect that rarely works in raids, but a good prot paladin and a smart raid can bypass these issues - or atleast bring a warrior offtank if needed.

I hate to say it, but I rolled this warrior tank to help my guild. If I had to do it all over again I would have rolled a prot paladin. Again, not crying doom...just my feelings from having an offtank prot paladin in ZA last night.

These are exaclty the kinds of thing being brought up last night!!

I don't see what is so bad about having more than one option, and to all you people who say another class is "better" at tanking now, be a bit more creative. I for one am very happy for the Prot Paladin I run with, and I hope he continues to get the help the spec needed from Blizzard.

As for Disarm, I am very happy with the change, was starting to remind me of eq and all the skill's new expansion gear made obsolete. As for the Fury/Arms changes, while I will miss all the swapped talents when speccing either way, I think all in all this will work outfor the better.

I don't think I have a single complaint with this patch and the buffs warriors received, and as far as other classes, I think a few of the buffs were perhaps overdone, but only time will tell.

Here's the thing. Tanking Kara/heroics part of my tanking strategy is to tank atleast 2 mobs so that I can have good rage generation. Introduce a prot paladin in last night's ZA;

I pull, thunderclap spam with some cleave, while doing normal rotation on the main target. In comes the paladin off tank, he does what he does and ALL the mobs peel right off onto him effortlessly while I am left with only the mob I was doing my rotation on.

Psychologically this has a detriment affect on me. Secondly, I have to use taunt to get another add on me and move away from the Paladin's aoe...but then again, why should I? The paladin isn't taking much damage at all.

anyways...

I'm still kind of new to the whole warrior thing being a recovering hunter lol. This isn't going to turn into a thing where I'm going to wish I'd rolled a pally is it?

Protection Paladins still have their fair share of issues. They've been deservedly buffed. I'm not going to switch over to my 65 paladin, though. I much prefer my warrior.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    I'm still kind of new to the whole warrior thing being a recovering hunter lol. This isn't going to turn into a thing where I'm going to wish I'd rolled a pally is it?
    I am a fairly new warrior, so I am not that attached and am able to keep everything objective. But this is the exact question I am trying to answer. If I was new to the game, and wanted to be the best all around tank, I would seriously consider rolling a paladin.

Not only are prot paladins seriously threatening the warrior throne on tanking, but they can also heal very well! Meanwhile prot dps will land you last on DPS by a clear margin.

there is no tanking throne, we all have our strangths and weaknesses

And together, the Rider and Pit Fighter ride to the Horizon vanquishing all who stand in their way.

HUZZAH! ;P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Newname View Post
    Not only are prot paladins seriously threatening the warrior throne on tanking, but they can also heal very well! Meanwhile prot dps will land you last on DPS by a clear margin.
    Hold it.

A Protection paladin's healing ability is about on par with a Protection warrior's DPS, if not significantly worse. Protection warrior DPS isn't all that bad if you have Fury gear and go to town with DWing/Devastate spam. No, it's not competitive DPS, but Protection paladins do not offer competitive healing, anyway.

There's also the issue with actually having the gear for healing. If you don't have the gear, you're pointless in a healer role. The same applies to a Protection warrior who's DPSing.

And there's no "warrior throne on tanking". All three classes should be able to MT equally well (with some fights being better/worse depending on the class).

Quote Originally Posted by Newname View Post
    I am a fairly new warrior, so I am not that attached and am able to keep everything objective. But this is the exact question I am trying to answer. If I was new to the game, and wanted to be the best all around tank, I would seriously consider rolling a paladin.
    You're not being objective. You saw your paladin OT do what paladins do best: Deal a massive amount of threat. That doesn't mean they're the "best tank".

A warrior will take less damage when MTing than a paladin, and will thus require less healing. A paladin can maintank efficiently (and due to them wielding shields, they do so more efficiently than druids, at least on a good number of bosses), but they are not without their fair share of problems. Spell Reflection. Silence. Mana-burn. All of these are serious issues for a paladin, and all of them are not even notable for a warrior.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by Norrath View Post
    You're not being objective. You saw your paladin OT do what paladins do best: Deal a massive amount of threat. That doesn't mean they're the "best tank".
    exactly, I have a pally OT that 90% of the time I out threat, but on that strech of kara in-between moroes and the maden hall he blows me out of the water to a point that I just put on my DPS gear and hit battle stance now. I could tank it just fine but hes in his element there, IE all undead and many AoE pulls. Just like im in my element between curator and chess. We all have our strangths and its best to just learn to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilly View Post
    Was on last night (shadowsong server) and noticed a ton of warrior bashing going on! Lots of peeps were saying how nerfed we are now and that druids and pallys can MT just as well if not better then we can.

Now i was under the impression that this patch was good for us and I was quite happy about it, is there something i am missing here??? Why all the whining and complaining going on??

where you goin to get your info from ? Here or some noobs in the general chan?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowson View Post
    exactly, I have a pally OT that 90% of the time I out threat, but on that strech of kara in-between moroes and the maden hall he blows me out of the water to a point that I just put on my DPS gear and hit battle stance now. I could tank it just fine but hes in his element there, IE all undead and many AoE pulls. Just like im in my element between curator and chess. We all have our strangths and its best to just learn to work together.
    It's this mentality me and Joana wish every tank had but sadly... many don't =(

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The talk about the disarm thing reminded me of a possible bug that the devs probably do not know about.

If you are dual wielding and you get disarmed... you can STILL DEVASTATE! It still hits with the main hand... which is disarmed.

How cool is that?

Check out my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowson View Post
    100% agree!!! Teamwork FTW!

+ Reply to Thread