+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To hit with Taunt

To hit with Taunt

Hello.
    When taunt now benefit from hit, how much do we need?
    If you are able to cap it, you can skip that second offtank you have in case of resists.

I guess taunt still act according to spell resistance. Will it also cap at 16(?)% as spells? Will it benefit from spell hit as well now?

Very unsure about the spell hit value, probably something I've read somewhere.

Perhaps this is already an answered question, but I could'nt find it.

Although its a spell, It works on Melee hit and not spell hit, So i would guess it would be 9% because of that.

Dont quote me on that mind

Taunt resist mechanics will change from spell hit to melee hit in 2.3. That means 9% hit vs boss mobs.

My only true concern is will it operate in the same way as all other melee hit mechanics and get parried/dodged as well! O_o.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Either way, at least we can realistically itemize for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by KudagAxehand View Post
    While that might seem to make the most sense, it would also be a huge buff(8% less chance of failure before itemization) too huge for Blizz to not have mentioned it IMO. Halving the base failure chance of the ability would arguably have more impact on most than it being affected by hit rating.
    Depends on how you define a huge buff; most of the lv+3 Boss encounters aren't tauntable. There are few fights where you need to taunt frequently on a Boss, which is where a resist can really matter. 4H being the primary example, I think?

But yeah, awaiting some actual tested results on resist rates, before saying if this is a boost or not. Whether or not taunts will ignore parry/dodge (like Blind) is something that also needs confirming; but I suspect that they will.

now they just need to add more +hit to tank gear before BT...

+ Reply to Thread