+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Autoblocker or Unwavering Legguards?

Autoblocker or Unwavering Legguards?

I was hoping to get some opinions on which of these heroic badge rewards I should pick up first. I'd held off on getting the autoblocker before because, like a lot of tanks, I'd been discounting the usefulness of block value. After reading through this blog and a few others and some testing I'd done, I've come to realize how useful block value is and I'd like to pick up this trinket. However, I could really use the new tanking pants as well (I've been using the Keepers of Time rep reward pants since Curator refuses to cooperate and drop an upgrade for me).

As it stands, either would be an upgrade and I want both eventually. I'd just like some opinions on prioritization. For my trinkets, I'm using Styleen's Impeding Scarab and Lifegiving Gem (I'd probably swap Lifegiving out for the autoblocker when I get it, but I'll admit that it's going to be hard to give up an "oh crap!" ability).

I'm just assuming the Unwavering Legguards are the badge legs from the 2.3 patch here. That being the case, I'd definitely get those first. They are quite insane, and have a healthy dose of SBV. That being said, an Autoblocker should still be on your short list of things to get, but the legs will offer a much bigger improvement for you.

Thanks for the reply. I thought the new leggings would be the bigger upgrade, but it's always nice to have someone else say it and prove you're not crazy. Of course after I posted this question, I started reading further into this forum and about other shiny badge rewards with Expertise and how useful that is (I need to make friends with more Prot warriors - hard to have discussions about this stuff with people who are "MS for life!"). I think I'm still going to go with the leggings first since the Expertise from talents and the Hit% I've been working on should suffice until I get more badges for the other Expertise pieces.

I'm glad I found out about this forum recently; my guild's other main tank plays a bear and a pally, so there's only so much we can do comparing notes with one another. (This is also probably the first WoW forum I've ever seen with people discussing theory without resorting to name-calling, so that's a plus also.)

Just got the Unwavering legguards today, got 3 solid stars of elune socketed into it and enchated with a nethercleft armor. So thats 73 stam + 12+12+12+ 40 for a whopping 149 stam from one item. I found that hard to pass by at my progression level. Onto the bracers next. Oh btw, I already had the autoblocker so it was an easy choice for me.

I like kara bracers more then the new bracers :P
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

because of sbv?
    expertise sounds better for me than sbv
    you're not just taking parries and dodges of your ss, but of all your attacks

Very tough call.

Honorable mention to the autoblocker, there is just nothing else like it in game. However, those pants are amazing.

I'd say, if you already have the Wyrnn greaves off curator or better, Autoblocker might be a better pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Razmo View Post
    I like kara bracers more then the new bracers :P
    The new bracers have more armor, the same stamina, more defense and a stronger threat statistic.

The only purpose to the kara bracers anymore is big shield slam crits.

Regarding Auto-Blocker... If you want more threat the neckpiece is a superior choice.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Regarding Auto-Blocker... If you want more threat the neckpiece is a superior choice.
    Yeah, that's a really nice neck. I definitely want to pick it up at some point, but I'm leaning towards getting the auto-blocker first since I could swap it in for my Lifegiving Gem; I hate giving up the extra insurance, but I'd get a static increase in threat generation in addition to the use ability swapping that in, whereas getting the neck would require swapping out the maiden neck and losing the avoidance stats.

I ended up getting the legs first anyways. Besides being boost in effective health and threat generation, I was also the only warrior in my guild who had enough badges to get them at that point in time, so picking that up lets me pass up the curator leggings to our off-tanks to help gear them up.

The World of Warcraft Armory

We're on our 4th boss in BT and Hyjal and 2 of the badge items made it into my main set. It would have been 3 if I had enough for the gloves after buying that neck.

+ Reply to Thread