+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UI Refinement

UI Refinement

i have come across something the last few weeks in gruul and its becoming an issue for me. my UI as it stands works well for me but needs a little refinement in some small areas - mainly trinkets and health / armor potions. i have trinket menu and its great - except when i mouse over it and i get the popup showing my other available trinkets. i dont mind this when im not in combat, but in the middle of a fight i dont like it. autobar is similar. i can mouse over autobar and things pop up and its useful - but same deal as trinket menu, it covers other things i want to see.

i am looking for a way to maximize my efficiency for popping potions and activating trinkets without having to move my mouse all over the screen or move from my tanking keys too much.

I used to have trinket menu till i learned that i can do the exact same thing only using ItemRack. I just pulled out the two trinket slots and it would keep them updated to what i had on my char pan. Mousing over it never gave me a pop up (i belive you have to right click it to get the pop up and left click to use)
    I'm personaly against using autobar. As a tank you need all the screen space that you can get your hands on, thus i only have 4 items on my screen (nightmare seed, health pot, macro for self bandage. and a macro for healthstones)
    You seem to have alot of items linked to your action bar that you simply do not need to see. (healthstone, sharp stones, fishing rod, agi pots... etc)
    I would also make use of making some action bars hidden and keybinding them such as mounts, bags, shouts.
    The only other suggestion i have is moving the unit frame closer to the middle of the screen so you can monitor your health better and thus react faster when your health drops low.

Quote Originally Posted by Fame View Post
    The only other suggestion i have is moving the unit frame closer to the middle of the screen so you can monitor your health better and thus react faster when your health drops low.
    my target and target of target are both just above my bars. should i move my frame there also?

ill tinker around with item rack some today and see what i can do with it.

thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache View Post
    should i move my frame there also?
    that is entierly up to you, do you find yourself moving your eyes around to glance at your health then back down at your cooldowns then at your action bar then back at your health bar etc? I keep mine down at the bottom so my eyes dont have to wonder around alot mid combat.

this was a model that i have been following for some time now in how to properly setup a ui (warning: has some cursing in it)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...lica/uiLOL.jpg

I moved my target, Tot, and player frames right above my action buttons. I found it much more convenient to be able to watch both frames without having to glance up away from the action. I also use trinket menu, and autobar. I believe both can be configured to not popup on mouse overs. You can also go a great deal of customization on auto bar in regards to scale and number of buttons and what is on those buttons. So If you would like to reduce what its offering to you, or the size it, can be modified. I have mine scaled down considerably.

i did figure out how to keep trinket menu from popping up, and that alone was a huge help. i need to spend some time with autobar - im not 100% happy with what it is doing now but i think most of it is because i havent spent the time to figure out the new options menu.

i will end up moving my player frame down above my bars. i payed attention last night in kara and found myself looking towards the corner on a regular basis - so that will get moved this week.

thanks

+ Reply to Thread