+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am i ready to MT kara?

Am i ready to MT kara?

I'm going to be rolling with a new guild just getting started with kara as MT... i've worked on as much pre kara gear i can get. All i should need is one more tanking trinket i think. I'll be running heroics and working on rep with shat for the shield too in the meantime. Hows it look? I can handle any suggestions. I won't cry so feel free to tell me anything that needs a change.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...derthorn&n=Evd

Whats your armor/stamina? Sorry i can't see armory from work
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

10434 HP unbuffed, 490 def on the dot, 11996 armor. I haven't chanted any of my gear yet, and i need to replace some gems so i should break 11k hp by the end of the day.

You should be ok...thats about what I had when i started...curator and beyond will get a little rough though until you get some upgrades. It'll just depend on your healers and your dps as to whether you can last long enough or not. I would be careful with those two guys along the walls in moroes room though, make sure you disarm them ~50% or you'll inevitably die.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better

Your gears reasonable for starting Kara, what you're really lacking though is any enchants. Get the rep ones for head / shoulders, leg armor for your legs and slap some +8 stamina armor kits on anything you can. 150hp enchant for your chest is fairly cheap too and you're probably not going to replace your current chest until you get lucky on the one off Nightbane, so it's a good investment.

edit: I see you've already mentioned enchants in the time it's taken me to type that so nevermind.

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot - "you can disarm them?" - why didn't anyone tell me that

Now I have the hp to survive, with the help of thunderclap and demo shout - but it would have helped earlier on.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot - "you can disarm them?" - why didn't anyone tell me that

Now I have the hp to survive, with the help of thunderclap and demo shout - but it would have helped earlier on.
    I'll add it to my "things you didn't know were possible" thread hehe. Its ok, happens to all of us...one of out OTs actually pointed that out to me...

Im omw to pick up glyph of the defender for my head, which rep is for the shoulder glyph?
    Last edited by Clootie; 11-09-2007 at 07:56 AM.

Keepers of Time for the head enchant and Aldor for the shoulders (or Scryer if you'd chosen that path).

hmm, im revered aldor... is that enough for the shoulder one? and which vendor is it at? Just got my head chant

only need honored for the first shoulder enchant...the vendors are in the bank. Look for the inscription vendors

Aldo vendor is in the bank at the back. They do two tanking enchants one at honoured and one at exhalted, so just get the honoured one for now. You'll need 2 Holy dust in order to buy it (from handing in fel armaments).

ah, thats why i couldnt find it. Thanks... luckily i have like 12 holy dust... im basically finished with my chants now. Just hit 11,204 hp
    Last edited by Clootie; 11-09-2007 at 09:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread