+ Reply to Thread

Thread: As an Officer.

As an Officer.

I've know some of my guild mates for years now. I played Final Fantasy XI with most of them, although I left their "linkshell" in that game for sheer progress reasons they were still my friends. What I've come into is an awkward situation where I've had a falling out. I don't mind leading raids. I don't mind tanking anything I'm asked. I don't mind getting my hunter out to fill a DPS slot if needed. I didn't mind being asked to step out of the Nightbane fight even though I'm missing the chest piece so someone else could get a crack at it. In return I'm hoping for a KD and going respec Armorsmith since I'm perma out until the new tank gets it or until he's "learned" the content, I even developed a rotating loot system so we have an even and fair loot distribution between the tanks and not just on the whim of a roll.

I'm tired of being selfless and have become a complete ass to my guildmates lately. I don't see why I've worked my ass of spent my gold/time and efforts to better myself just to be pushed aside, to be fair I was asked to do so first and I selflessly agreed because I knew with some farming/gold and some heroics I could make the Bulwark of Kings relatively easily.

As an Officer I'm obligated to assist and help these people in my guild. It's one of the defining points to me as an officer. I've given away consumables, items and gold if need be with little to no thought and my guild master is exactly the same way, but now he's broke gold wise but still keeps on trucking.

I'm tired of all this it's not fun. I've worked my ass to equip three characters that I just use as needed for the guild and I actually was hoping for something in return. Respect? would be nice. I'm not the nicest of guys. I'm an asshole for the most part, but have gone out of my way on many occasions to help some of the others, although I have a low tolerance for people who don't try or make the effort to learn their class.

TLDR Version.

We've got about 5-6 people who've made the effort to learn their class, play their best and are excellent examples of their class and players all of these have multiple 70s and play each class very well. I'm tired of helping people who aren't willing to help themselves and have been pushed even farther when someone started an arguement with me trying to tell me that if we all sat down and talked the world would be peacefull and everyone be happy. In short I told him he was being naive, but he continued to try and push this on me. I logged off vent and out of game and went to bed. This guy was already getting on my nerves for other issues, but trying to force their beliefs on me is really annoying. So I ignored the guy, not ignore list I just pay no attention to him. I'm now being penalized because I'm no longed called upon to do anything outside of raid off tank or mt if the new warrior isn't there unless I am the only tank on.

Am I wrong for ignoring the guy?

Should I have such high expectations of guild members?

When someone is trying to push their real life on you should I just tell him to shut the fuck up and focus on the game at hand?

I'm tired. I play late and encumber myself because I have a horrid work schedule. I've given every ounce of effort to make myself a better tank for this guild because I had faith in my friend, but I'm getting burned out really fast and as of right now my account is canceled.

I really don't know what to do at this point.

Take some time off. I think you've already set that up with your cancellation.

Secondly, stop being so selfless. Make a balance between what you want and what others want. It's human nature to walk all over someone who doesn't stand up for what they want. Don't be passive aggressive about what you want, but instead speak up. You want the nightbane chest? You're on the run? Screw the other guy. He should be more understanding of what you need. Mutual respect is just that, mutual. Without it, screw em.

By the way I'm having a pretty stressful week at work, so as a disclaimer just know that. lol My responses lately seem to be filled with spite. =/

Quote Originally Posted by nethervoid View Post
    Take some time off. I think you've already set that up with your cancellation.

Secondly, stop being so selfless. Make a balance between what you want and what others want. It's human nature to walk all over someone who doesn't stand up for what they want. Don't be passive aggressive about what you want, but instead speak up. You want the nightbane chest? You're on the run? Screw the other guy. He should be more understanding of what you need. Mutual respect is just that, mutual. Without it, screw em.

By the way I'm having a pretty stressful week at work, so as a disclaimer just know that. lol My responses lately seem to be filled with spite. =/
    I know the feeling. My account canceled wasn't my idea, but it was being paid through my now ex-gf's account. I don't really have any reason to want to keep playing. A lot of my guildies don't like me because I have little tolerance for poor performance. I want to take some time off. I hate my job and I'm moving so I might quit and go back to playing my guitar for hours on end and running everyday like I did before WoW. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Anansi™ View Post
    I know the feeling. My account canceled wasn't my idea, but it was being paid through my now ex-gf's account. I don't really have any reason to want to keep playing. A lot of my guildies don't like me because I have little tolerance for poor performance. I want to take some time off. I hate my job and I'm moving so I might quit and go back to playing my guitar for hours on end and running everyday like I did before WoW. . .
    Not a bad idea. Trust me you'll be back to games. lol In my ten years so far, I've quit them and come back at least twice.

I know how you feel Amanasi. I do the same thing for my guild, but I realized fast that there are those that being selfless with works, and others that it simply just does not. In my guild there are both. There are some that help all that they can, never ask for anything in return, but do so knowing that most of them will receive the same payment in return. I currently sit with less than 100g on both of my level 70 characters combined. I do dailies (bi weeklies because I never get a chance with raiding karazhan and helping people in heroics) and never really get a chance to farm. The difference between my guild and your guild? Most of us know when enough is enough. We learn quick who the ones that take advantage of the selfless nature, and those that repay it. To be honest, if it was not for my guild being this way, I would not be as far as I am today with this character. I think part of your issue, is that you also don't set the limits of your own needs. There is a point where becoming too selfless is a problem. Like the person above said, you earned the right to get a shot at the nightbane chest. Why should you divert your goals to allow someone else to step up and take that shot away? Were they there during the learning of the fight? During the first kill? If not, then they didn't earn the right, so why are you sitting out for him? Why not just take both tanks, let him tank it if he wants the experience and you can respec fury and dps then when the chest drops, you take it. There are multiple options, the last being a different guild. If the entire guild is like this, then you'd be better off finding a new place.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

+ Reply to Thread