+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Human and Orc Racials - Expertise!

Human and Orc Racials - Expertise!

Confirmed on the 7 November PTR update - Orc and Human racials changed from 1% critical hit to 5 Expertise. That's 5 Expertise skill, not 5 rating.

(screenshot image available at mmo-champion)

I love TS, good information, very good newsers and impressive theorycrafting. But you can also add your sources, in this case for the screenshot.

thank you for the news anyway.
    Check-Raise, always.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaD! View Post
    I love TS, good information, very good newsers and impressive theorycrafting. But you can also add your sources, in this case for the screenshot.

thank you for the news anyway.
    Why were the eyes of the horse on the jet pilot when he smiled as he flew over the bay, mate? =p

This is interesting news indeed.
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

This is very good news for us Taurens. If they'd nerfed your racial like that, they wouldve eventually nerfed ours.

No nerfing the Tauren racial, buff the others instead!

Now I demand more gnome love!!!!

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Gnomes still getting an Escape Artist nerf?

My comment was more in the line of those LoS problems for being so little -_-
    Our Illidari Council mage tank need to jump in order to get an spellsteal, and sometimes it gets resisted

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.

All I need now is a 1h tanking axe. Zul'Jin better be nice to me, as a Brutalizer is a ways off in the horizon.

Apparently the human mace and sword racials stack, giving you 10 expertise if you are dual wielding, is that right?

This makes us two for two, Devastate and Human/Orc Racials are the two biggest issues we brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips View Post
    Apparently the human mace and sword racials stack, giving you 10 expertise if you are dual wielding, is that right?
    That would be very nice for Fury Wars, but do you have a source so I can look it up?
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

I can't confirm but that should work as separate hands, isnt it?
    I mean, you would have 5 expertise when dice rolls for your mace and 5 expertise when dice rolls for your sword.

seems they listend to the tanks

now to tackle the server side GCD stuff

Too bad I'm a Dwarf.

I'll get on the PTR and test the stacking idea for dual-wielding, but I'm guessing this isn't how it works. Attacks are checked individually for each hand, so if you have two sword equipped, you'll get an independent 5 expertise for your main hand and an independent 5 expertise for your off-hand, as opposed to having, say, a sword and dagger equipped, which would give you 5 expertise for your main hand, and 0 expertise for your off-hand.

Edit: Just did some quick testing, swapping weapons and such and looking at the stat change on the character pane. There is no stacking effect for dual-wielding, that is, equipping two swords will not give you 10 expertise. However, the racial ability seems to trigger as long as you're holding one of your specialized weapons in either hand, ie, holding a dagger in the main hand and a sword in the off-hand still gives you the bonus expertise. Additionally, it would seem that racial expertise is not applied to individual weapons, rather, it counts toward all attacks you make, regardless of whatever you have equipped (as long as one of those equipped weapons is a sword/mace/axe, of course). Combat tests are needed to confirm this.
    Last edited by Athan; 11-07-2007 at 10:35 AM.

I hate the whole racial thing. They should just erase all racials, and allow everyone to pick 2. But that's just cause I want hax tauren stm bonus too. ;_;

Good news to hear overall though.

Now if only if Troll regeneration was worth something.. :\
    Wtb 250/3 @ 70 in tanking gear.

If I could take 2 I would take Tauran Endurance and Human Sword Specialization

Close third and 4th place would be Draenei hit aura and Dwarf Stoneform.

+ Reply to Thread