+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help a Noob :) Leveling with a buddy

Help a Noob :) Leveling with a buddy

Hey guys,

First off, would like to say how much I enjoy the site and so thankful for a plethora of great information at my finger tips. I have to admit though, I am still trying to wrap my head around some of the terminology and concepts.

Ok, here's the deal. I am currently leveling a warrior with my girlfriend who rolled as a priest. She is specc'd as full heal and relies on me to tank and DPS. Eventually, I would like to spec out full Prot to be able to tank for my guild in instances. We're almost to 50 and would like to check out instances more to get a greater handle on our characters in that situation. I'm pretty torn as how to proceed talent wise. I'm a mutt in the Arms/Fury department right now.. casually throwing talents in where I think they will benefit me the most. Though, now.. would it be more wise to respec to one tree? I need a build that will allow me to do a little bit of everything... I think just by switching from a 2H to a 1H+shield and defensive stance will help alot in instance situations.. so maybe I should go arms? But, will I be totally clueless once I hit 70 as to the prot side? Or maybe, just proceed with what I am doing since we have no problem handling multiple mobs.. Jeez.. all the possibilities.

My suggestions, based on leveling a rogue+priest combo with my wife...

Go shadow and MS/Fury and just beat stuff down, tossing heals as you need. I wouldn't worry about instancing unless you guys are just looking to have some fun and take it slow.

I leveled my warrior as MS and had no clue how to tank when I hit 60, but I learned in 3 runs of BF how to hold aggro very well, and since then I have really improved.

Basically, I suggest learning in the 60-70 instances, and getting there as fast as possible.

I did the same and just speced fury, having two weapons wasn't a problem for me since I had gold from other characters and it meant when I put on a shield I already had good weapon skill with the one hander.

Prot/Holy leveling would be too slow for me. Go fury, stay in zerk for questing she can heal though it all.

I respeced prot at 70 and threw out my old keyboard layout and learned to tank both 5 mans and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Basically, I suggest learning in the 60-70 instances, and getting there as fast as possible.
    I agree there. I was specced Arms/Prot (14 with Last Stand + Defiance) while leveling and also learnt how to tank effectively on the 60-70 instances.
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

Thanks alot guys for the responses! I'll just pick a tree and go with it.. I've been mainly arms this whole time so I think I'll switch to Fury/berserker and get a taste of what that is like before I do my final respec.

+ Reply to Thread