+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tips for "Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden"

Tips for "Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden"

Ok so I just got my Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden which will replace my of the Bold Gloves and my Kara group has not yet downed Curator regularly (since I've been in the guild).

What should I enchant the gloves with and which sockets?

People have suggested Threat or Stam to the gloves.

What about sockets? I have 2 epic gems which would activate the bonus(Stam and Resil) + (Str and Parry), I also have 2 Solid Elunes in the bank. (FYI I have at least one of every uncut rare gem).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ders&n=Trebora

Based on what I have please give me some suggestions. Please don't tell me to insert Solid Stars of Elunes into every socket... I don't have them or the money for them... Crazy market near 100G lately for rare gems (sometimes uncut)...

If it matters I'm also trying to get the PVP 70 Epic Bracers and S2 Shoulders soon...

2% Threat FTW! IMO.

Your threat will become a much bigger deal as the DPS class's in your guild gear up and get better.

2% threat and 2x Solid Stars.

The T4 is not an upgrade.

Check out my blog

Pretty much what they said.

If you can't afford 12 stam (and I highly suggest you find a way to), just get 9.

I found that in kara DPSers were rarely at risk of pulling agro, if this is the same for your stam or agi might be better to help you survive and make progression easier. If DPSers are threat capped then 2% threat would be your best bet.

All I use is 2x +12 stam with a +8 stam armour kit. I may consider 2% threat in the future but I don't tank enough to make it worth it for the moment. And I will agree with Signu, T4 is not an upgrade for either tanking or DPS. I have passed the T4 glove token every time it has dropped for this reason.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

My DPSers have the luxury of getting a few SSC/TK items, so threat is a big deal to me. At least until next patch and two upgrades from Nightbane (Kara needs to stop being stingy on tank loot) when my Block Value exceeds 750.
    "I played hard to avoid mistakes, but now I can play hard to capitalize on opportunities." -Arold, on the 3.0 Protection Warrior.

Socket bonuses almost never matter. My progression boss gloves have 2 solid stars and +8 stam, my threat ones are the same gloves with two +8 hit rating gems and 2% threat.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Arrivan View Post
    All I use is 2x +12 stam with a +8 stam armour kit. I may consider 2% threat in the future but I don't tank enough to make it worth it for the moment. And I will agree with Signu, T4 is not an upgrade for either tanking or DPS. I have passed the T4 glove token every time it has dropped for this reason.
    Agree, except the Maiden is a stingy ho and never coughed em up, so I had to "settle" for T4. When you get there, I'd still pick up T4 after the rest of the folks that need it just to have and maybe for an avoidance set, but IMO, Maiden's are superior.

In terms of customizing them, I'd go with double solid stars and a stam armor kit unless you need some more threat in which case, 2%....you will probably need the 2% at some point anyway. 15 AGI for dodge/crit/armor isn't a bad option either.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

I disagree. At first the t4 gloves are very good until you can get some of your other gear itemized. the 2set bonus for tier4 is VERY nice and parry is quite hard to come by on most items. I would keep these until you get t4 shoulders and t4 helm then swap out to the maiden ones, but thats just me.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Gasp ...Klor goin against the grain? How dare you? Dont you know that all tanks are supposed to be in uniform?

OP here...
    Well for the time being I slapped 2x Solid Elunes and Stam kit.
    Also threw stam enchant on my new Veteran's Plate bracers...
    Next will be S2 shoulders... Will have to balance loss of Def with Resil and figure out how to socket them...

I had 2% threat on my Iron Gauntlets, but realized 8 stamina was of more use. Yes, the DPS can pull if they want to, but they know their limits and my threat is fine without it. 8 stam armor kit all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread