+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is the Autoblocker worth it, at the moment?

Is the Autoblocker worth it, at the moment?

Well, my question is very simple. I'm getting some badges and I'd really love that sweet autoblocker, not only do I love SBV, but I've also heard some great things about it.

So, basically, I now need 'round 17 badges for it, not that much.

I was thinking though, was I making a mistake, since so many seem to prefer to save up for patch 2.3. The patch isn't coming for a long time still, wouldn't that trinket be worth it. Sure, the patch has nice stuff (none that I critically need exept for the legplates, others are a nice upgrade tho) but we'll be getting badges from heroics, karazhan and ZA, so they should pile up really fast.

Thoughts? Discussion? Tips?

Thanks,
    Jibou, Fat dwarf.
    Jibou - extremely fat main tank

i bought my autoblocker about 2 weeks ago, and am already up to 35 badges again from having one or two after purchase. and i really only run 5mans on the weekends - so its not like im constantly in them getting badges.

I heard the patch was coming in two weeks...

I would get the auto blocker anyway, I love it =)

Quote Originally Posted by faitas View Post

who told you that?

The only set I won't use it in is my NR set for Hydross. I like it that much.

Autoblocker is awesome. It is my personal opinion that no shield-bearing tank should be without it.
    I am the light that brings the dawn.
    Something Wicked this way comes.

It's definitely worth it - the Auto-Blocker will outlast any other gear you could possibly get with badges.

There is currently no trinket that will replace the Auto-Blocker for threat. Definitely worth every badge.

I didn't bother to get one, mostly because I'm lazy...and now having beaten the game, the only item that I'm actually interested in going back and getting is the auto-blocker.

well, In compairison to the new bracers and neck piece coming out, thats a good question, but no matter what your going to want to pick the auto-blocker up eventually, you wouldn't regret it if you did

Quote Originally Posted by faitas View Post
    No, Blizzard said they will announce the start of Season 3 two weeks before it starts. The first official installment of patch 2.3 has started yesterday (link).
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

With kara and the new ZA both dropping heroic badges. I think its safe to say that if you run any 10 man content alot you will quickly gain enough badges. That is if you don't want to do 5-mans for it. I personally am a raid tank and don't really have the time or interest in doing heroics anymore. I am waiting but its up to you if you know what you'll be running and enjoy running more in game.

Just got it last night, but now I'm faced with a predictable dilemma.
    I have the autoblocker, moroes' watch and a 41stam trinket (gnomish poultryizer). I've got some tips that Moroes' isn't that useful unless you need a little avoidance boost.

I'd hate to take off the watch, since that's basically what gives me a decent dodge. Without it I would plummet down to 18% dodge which I'm not a fan of. On the other hand, I don't want to give up 400 HP from the engi trinket, that would bring me down to 14200 HP and I'd prefer having a bit more. And finally, I really want more threat and the autoblocker's awesome for that.

Could I get some tips/different points of view from the Tankspot community?

Thanks a lot.
    Jibou - extremely fat main tank

- I use Moroes' watch for melee heavy fights like Prince and Gruul.
    - Normally I use the Auto-blocker for farmed bosses (to push tps and kill them quicker) and for enrage bosses (to push tps and therefore dps).

Other great uses for the Auto-blocker:
    (a) A fight like VR where you have to quickly build threat after a knock-back
    (b) Gruul Warrior OT - big shield slams for threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristessa View Post
    No, Blizzard said they will announce the start of Season 3 two weeks before it starts. The first official installment of patch 2.3 has started yesterday (link).

Blizz also stated that Season 3 won't necessarily be starting at the same time as patch 2.3

Is there a Zul'Aman tanking neck?

That'd be the only thing to keep me from getting the Auto-Blocker.
    We're in BT/Hyjal, just never got around to getting the ABlocker.

I <3 <3 <3 my autoblocker. I actually waited a long time to get it: got all the heroic badge tanking gear, all the FR gear, bought an odd DPS piece here and there, then went back and bought it after all that. And when I did, I couldn't believe I had waited so long.

It's a lot of fun (for me, anyway), very useful for threat, and works great for most situations. I highly recommend it! I love it so much that I setup the trinket / shield slam macro, and it has replaced my default SS button. Okay, so it's not completely optimal all the time, but the no-brainer aspect of the whole thing is really working for me so far. Enjoy!

To add to this, I had always left the autoblocker out of my Nightbane and Prince tanking setups (I had moroes' watch in its place before). Last night I used the autoblocker for both, since I hadn't been in too much danger of dying for a few runs on those fights: the results were good!

On prior weeks, a couple of our DPS folks were having to hold back a bit on both of these fights, as they were catching up with me after a few minutes. Last night, this was not a problem at all. In fact, not a single of our dest warlocks had to blow soulshatter on either fight.

I'm not sure if it was the blocker by itself, the fact that I was getting hit more because I was dodging less (generating more rage, more threat etc, due to swapping out the watch for the blocker), or if I was just having a particularly good night. Either way, I was pleased, and the fights were over noticeably faster than usual.

80 more damage off each blocked attack adds up to a whole lot too.
    "I played hard to avoid mistakes, but now I can play hard to capitalize on opportunities." -Arold, on the 3.0 Protection Warrior.

with the new badge rewards i was kinda hoping they'd lower the value of this, i have no clue what to spend badges on how does

cloak/neck/bracers/autoblocker sound?

or would the legs/hands/chest/belt be a better upgrade?

current trinket is vengeance and adamantite

+ Reply to Thread