+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving into 25 man raids

Moving into 25 man raids

My TPS hasn't made any huge jumps, and I'm sitting at about 500-700 on average. Any thoughts on what I can change to improve my threat generation? I'm MT in the guild, clearing Kara and usually Gruul at the moment.

Any thoughts about talent changes or gear swaps would help.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...owsong&n=Faran

One thing I would suggest, Move the point you have in Anger Management to Devestate Instead. Once you have 5 sunders on a mob(At the moment) switch to Using Devestate instead and you should see an improvemnt in your TPS as at your level of gear you Devestate should do more then a sunder.

In 2.3 You can just replace Sunder with Devestate with the changes that are coming for it.

Well, first I'd revise your spec a bit. I'd go either 8/5/48 or 5/5/51 depending on if you have someone else to put up imp thunderclap (or a thunderfury).

You can check out my armory to see a sample 5/5/51 build.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ing&n=Paumedie

Be sure to max out imp sunder and don't underestimate devastate's importance. It quickly outscales sunder's threat in an unlimited rage environment.

Aside from that, what kind of skill rotation do you use when you're tanking?
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

Respec and get Devastate.

Gear-wise, grab the [item]Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600[/item].

Once you've done that, make sure your threat rotation is the optimal one:

Revenge > Shield Slam > Sunder Armor > Sunder Armor, + Heroic Strike whenever it won't make you rage-starved, and replacing Sunder Armor with Devastate when you've built up 5.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Yeah, the blocker is on my list once I have time to actually get badges. I'd planned on respeccing to get the points in Dev, but at the time I wasn't doing enough damage to make it worthwhile.

Usually I hit shield slam, shield block, revenge, sunder, then I toss in occasional HS when I have extra rage. I try to keep TC and DS up, but it depends on how much rage I'm generating.

I see you've already changed your spec to a 5/5/51 build. Assuming that you chose that because another warrior will be covering your TC...have them also cover your Demo Shout (Or a feral druid with Demo Roar) this will free up a few global cooldowns for you.
    Finish off your Ogri'la rep grind for the crossbow and swap it on when aggro is sensitive. Don't underestimate the benefit of the Devilshark out of Steamvaults either, it's an easy run for a cloak that will last you well into T5 content.

Other than that, stick to your rotations and work in heroic strikes anytime you're above 30-40 rage. It will help out your top end TPS significantly, and the cushion of leaving 30 rage will make sure that you never bottom out on threat by not being able to SS when your cooldown is up.

Best of luck to you man.

Edited because I need sleep.
    Last edited by Orokosaki; 11-01-2007 at 05:05 AM.

Dabiri's Enigma increases block rating, not value. There's no reason to macro it to Shield Slam. Apart from that, I have nothing more to add to this thread.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arrivan View Post
    Dabiri's Enigma increases block rating, not value. There's no reason to macro it to Shield Slam. Apart from that, I have nothing more to add to this thread.
    Haha- I was on my way to bed...realized that while crawling in and came back to try to clarify before I confused some poor soul. Thanks for the catch man.

I added in some +hit and I think that'll make a difference. I won't know until probably this weekend really sometime, since I'm out of most of Karazhan (only need stuff off Nightbane). Still working on getting the Autoblocker trinket, just haven't had much time to farm for it. I'm up to 88 hit rating currently, do I need to be looking for more?

I'm sitting around 90 in my tanking gear, and I don't miss my specials very much. You should be able to hit 900 with that much.

Check out my blog

+ Reply to Thread