+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tauren Racial Overpowered

Tauren Racial Overpowered

"This one time, I was tanking Prince, and like... my health bonus was so OP that he just cried and killed himself. He was all "there's no way I can hit Kryonik for 700 damage" and then he jumped off the balcony. True story."

-Kryonik <Notorious>, Scilla

P.S. This is a joke.

lol Kryonik is awesome.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

In the next expansion, Tauren Racial will become a static amount of health probably 1000. You heard it here first

Poor Prince

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    In the next expansion, Tauren Racial will become a static amount of health probably 1000. You heard it here first
    10-19 Battlegrounds fill with cows. Story at 11.

Check out my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Signu View Post
    10-19 Battlegrounds fill with cows. Story at 11.
    I think what he means is that it will scale with level. Such as the Orc Blood Fury and Draenei Gift of the Naaru do. At level 70, you would get 1000 HP.

Makes the most sense to me. Which is probably why it won't happen.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

I wish my racial was equal to 2 of the best available flasks.

And I could still use a flask on top of it.

And they would all stack with each other.

L2 Tauren that is all.

I'd have to learn to horde first

A static 1000 HP at 70 would be more overpowered than how it is currently. In my gear right now (T4) I have 15500 HP unbuffed. That's 15500 / 1.05 = ~14760 HP if I wasn't a Tauren which equals 15500 - 14760 = 740 bonus HP. Only when you reach 20000 HP unbuffed would 5% = 1000 HP.

Other than that, cheers Cider! Like I mentioned in the other thread, I didn't know that's what Prince looked like until I saw the screenshot. I've only been able to see his knees when tanking him.

i would cry.

everyone had an equal opportunity to decide on which race they wanted to be when they chose their characters, they should not be allowed to whine about it now.

the homogenization of the races is pretty lame imo.

I will whine if I want to if they decide to change my racial because they deemed it OP. Cause you are right we all did get an equal opportunity to decide our race and some choose a race because of racials.

So no crying when they get changed..... but wait you would cry if they changed Tauren racial?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
    I will whine if I want to if they decide to change my racial because they deemed it OP. Cause you are right we all did get an equal opportunity to decide our race and some choose a race because of racials.

So no crying when they get changed..... but wait you would cry if they changed Tauren racial?
    as a cow - yes. i would be upset if didnt have it. i managed just fine with no fear ward and people whined - just like they do with the cow health bonus. it will get changed eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post

What horrible logic you have there. People got to choose their names at the start. So why allow them to change them now? People got to choose their servers when they started, so why change now? People got to pick everything about their character at the start so why let them remake a new one?

5&#37; health at character creation when WoW came out is different from 5% health on a tier 6 raid buffed warrior.

Times changes, some things scale better than others. Things get tuned. This should too.
    Last edited by Link; 10-29-2007 at 03:28 PM.

I'm not one to call for nerfs to anything, but Endurance will inevitably be nerfed. I personally don't think it needs to be nerfed, I just want my human weapon skill racials un-nerfed (and orcs as well) and weaker racials buffed. However, as health increases in Wrath of the Lich King, tauren could have 1000-1500 or whatever more unbuffed HP than everyone else, and Blizzard will eventually come to think of it as overpowered and nerf it. Whether this is fair (or even accurate) remains to be seen.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kryonik View Post
    A static 1000 HP at 70 would be more overpowered than how it is currently. In my gear right now (T4) I have 15500 HP unbuffed. That's 15500 / 1.05 = ~14760 HP if I wasn't a Tauren which equals 15500 - 14760 = 740 bonus HP. Only when you reach 20000 HP unbuffed would 5% = 1000 HP.

Other than that, cheers Cider! Like I mentioned in the other thread, I didn't know that's what Prince looked like until I saw the screenshot. I've only been able to see his knees when tanking him.

By level 80 we'll prolly have 20K health in pre raid gear so it really depends on how they scale it
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache View Post
    the homogenization of races/classes is pretty lame imo.
    I fixed it to be more accurate.

I rolled my first Warrior so I could be THE tank. When I rolled him, there really was only 1 class that could effectively main tank raids. Warriors were head and shoulders above other classes in terms of tanking. Druids did not have 2x or 3x the armor of a Warrior. Now you have 3 classes that are arguably equal in tanking. Now Warriors are able to compete with true DPS classes, something that was impossible raiding Molten Core.

Times change, the game changes. All other aspects of the game are being leveled out. Priests are no longer the end-all-be-all of raid healing. Many encounters in the game are arguably easier with a non-Warrior tank. How many Shadow priests did you bring to your first Onyxia raid? How many did you bring to your first Gruul's raid?

Some people believe that the Tauren HP buff is becoming too strong because it has not been evaluated since launch. I can think of only one 1 other racial that scales as well with gear, and is also less controversial.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

i've got my 1% dodge, eat that you jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache View Post
    i would cry.

everyone had an equal opportunity to decide on which race they wanted to be when they chose their characters, they should not be allowed to whine about it now.

the homogenization of the races is pretty lame imo.
    That's your excuse? "Everyone could've chosen Tauren, therefore it's fine"?

I like Tauren. I chose to play Alliance at launch, however, and I've made good, solid friends with the people in my guild (which I've been in almost as long, in either one of two incarnations). I rolled a human warrior as a tank (though I decided against tanking rather early, then changed my mind again in the early 50s); I couldn't choose Tauren because I wanted to keep playing with my friends.

Even disregarding that, I should not be forced to choose a particular race because of a racial that is so massively overpowered.

No, it's not game-breaking. It's 1k health at 20k health. It's still a significant difference, and at that gear level, it's worth two -- two -- Flasks. It's better than a 5-point talent deep in the Protection tree.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Why is prince smiling?

Or is it the tauren that is smiling? I can never remember, they both have about the same amount of health...
    Last edited by Skips; 10-30-2007 at 07:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread