+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I have come to love my "Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker"

I have come to love my "Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker"

This was one of the first items that I bought with badges and never ended up using it in raids. Equipping +stamina trinkets seemed to make much more sense.

However this had changed ....

I have found some excellent uses for it:
    (1) Gruul OT: Normally we use a druid to OT for me but if we have an evening where only prot warriors sign then I switch to OT (which is far harder work than being a MT). You can push your threat above all the rogues with this beauty.
    (2) Void Reaver: Knock-back? Don't worry. Get pounded and pop this baby!

Actually my EH/stats are higher than our guild's progression and I find myself using this trinket in other situations as it enables dps'ers to go crazy.

Anyone else use it for raiding?

1800+ Shield Slam last night on Illhoof!

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Anyone else use it for raiding?
    I only take it off in situations where there's not a hint of a doubt that my threat output is secondary to my survivability level (Maulgar comes to mind) or where it would prevent me from acheiving some minimum stat combination such as NR + Defense on Hydross.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
    I only take it off in situations where there's not a hint of a doubt that my threat output is secondary to my survivability level (Maulgar comes to mind) or where it would prevent me from acheiving some minimum stat combination such as NR + Defense on Hydross.
    Same.

Almost always have this badboy on with a 51 stam trinket.

That's my combo and it has never failed me, i take it off for say... Prince because I could use the armor bonus from the adamantium figurine or something and I never have threat problems with him.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

with all these new great heroic badge rewards, would this still be worth it for the 41 heroic badges, or would those badges be best used on some of the new tanking gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Almost always have this badboy on with a 51 stam trinket.
    [item]Darkmoon Card: Vengeance[/item]?
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

yep

Nice to hear this , i bought it last night, and my fellow tanks said it's only for grinding money on mobs lol, but I will test it next raid. I think it rly rocks .
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

Most prot tanks don't think that they could POSSIBLY be the reason why dps isn't pushing as hard. Lots of the time, good dps is threat capped. The harder you can push your threat, the harder your dps can push. and 59 innate sbv is nothing to scoff at, its a decent mitigation stat.

There are fights where I won't use it and then I will equip a +41 stam trinket with my +51 stam trinket. (for example Maulgar as you have ages to build up threat).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    ... Prince because I could use the armor bonus from the adamantium figurine or something and I never have threat problems with him.
    Prince is a dps race and I think it is well suited. I suppose either your dps is moving around too much to push beyond your dps or they are holding back (ask them). We have some really heavy hitting dps'ers in our guild and I know that every extra tps that I generate means an easier fight (although I am an EH addict).

Quote Originally Posted by steadymobn View Post
    with all these new great heroic badge rewards, would this still be worth it for the 41 heroic badges, or would those badges be best used on some of the new tanking gear?
    I would probably save those badges in your situation. This trinket wouldn't be on top of my shopping list in 2.3 as there is just so much else to choose from.

I am kinda low on the tps sometimes, need a new weapon, anyway it is nice to get high tps quick so it ain't bad but if I were you I would save for the 2.3 trinket which gives you nice HP .
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

I was wondering the same thing, but is it worth saving for 2.3 already? It's coming in more than a month, during which time you could have a nice trinket to fight with.
    Badges will come quite easy in 2.3 anyways thanks to having them drop in kara and ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Razmo View Post
    Nice to hear this , i bought it last night, and my fellow tanks said it's only for grinding money on mobs lol, but I will test it next raid. I think it rly rocks .
    Yar, I'm working on it as well. I can pretty much get [item]Darkmoon Card: Madness[/item] now, but I might just sell it so I can get enough gold to get my epic riding skill before the next patch hits. T_T

EDIT: Thanks for the tip Kaze, at the least I know I'm not crazy for thinking that card was viable for warriors. ^_^;
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

If you don't have it, i would get it. It will continue to be useful indefinitely, and that can not be said for other thing's coming from badge's, even witht he 2.3 gear.

Its awesome for warriors frankly Tristessa, it lets me break hp barriers fast. As an orc in only kara gear mostly i break 14.8k unbuffed. And 500 of that comes from 1 item. You can't beat that. Not to mention the occasional 100-150 dmg proc isn't bad either =P But its not as frequent as you'd like, its just nice to have.

I got my Autoblocker about a month ago, I don't use it allot while MT in kara. I honestly don't have a TPS problem with my raid. I DO how ever use it while soloing, 5 man & Heroic. Remember normal 5 man only requires 480 Defense.

With that said, there is ONE fight I use this trinket on inside of Kara. That would be the Curator. I use a macro that activates this trinket and then shield slam. I pulled off a 3442 shield slam on the Curator when he was evocating.

I was drooling on my keyboard when I saw that
    Last edited by Trammel; 11-02-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Grammer

+ Reply to Thread