+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battlescar boots or boots of elusion?

Battlescar boots or boots of elusion?

Battlescar boots dropped in Chess today and was wondering if I should use them over Boots of elusion?

Thanks

I have both w/+12 stam enchants and the battle scar with all +12 stam gems for EH fights.

I use battlescar on almost everything and Elusion on Prince incase he eats thru my 2 SB charges i have a better chance to dodge a crushing, but im sure Elusion might have some other boss uses.

My advice use both.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Battlescar with Boars Speed and 2 solid stars. Dis the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I have both w/+12 stam enchants and the battle scar with all +12 stam gems for EH fights.

I use battlescar on almost everything and Elusion on Prince incase he eats thru my 2 SB charges i have a better chance to dodge a crushing, but im sure Elusion might have some other boss uses.

My advice use both.
    Crushing blows can not be blocked/dodged/parried or miss. When shield block is down unless you have good avoidance (and or block rating) you will have a 15% chance to be crushed up to 87.4% avoidance.

What dodge does is remove block% from the combat table so you block less therefore keeping shield block up more. From what I understand, I may be wrong but i dont think I am..

From what i understand of crushing blows is that any Hit that lands which is not blocked has a 15% chance to be a crushing. But i understand where Bod is coming from, 38 dodge rating is Huge and In a situation where avoidance is good(which is duel weilding bosses like prince is phase 2) then haveing that extra buffer can be a huge help.

I perosnally would keep them both as well.

I would keep Boots of Elusion also....some fights you need the avoidance

also kinda off topic ...Did anyone notice that the Trash Mob Epics that seemed to drop every 10 mobs or so in Kara suddenly stopped dropping? I told an up and coming tank to not worry about getting boots because the Boots of Elusion dropped all the time in Kara ....3 weeks later no droppage

In all my time in Kara, I have only seen elusion drop once, Thats in 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post

My advice use both.
    Sound advice.

However I just use my Battlescar boots at the moment.

I use Battlescar for every fight but on Prince I use Elusion. If I forget to change em out for Prince I always die. Maybe it's just superstition but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    However I just use my Battlescar boots at the moment.
    Same here, have both enchanted with 12 sta, and double Solid Star of Elune in the Battlescar ones, but I pretty much only use the Battlescar ones. It fits better with my personal stat priority, which is very EH focussed.

I actually used my Veterans Plate Greaves with Boars Speed on them for tanking up until I made my Red Havoc Boots. I swapped in Elusion with +12stam for Prince and Netherspite, but that's it. The Veteran's have around 200 more armor, and also have a lot of threat stats.

Course, I didn't even see the Battlescar Boots drop until fairly late in the game, but I was fine with using my Veterans.

I would use them for all situations with exceptions for mobs like Prince. The effective health is superior, and the lower avoidance and type of avoidance lend themselves to better threat generation in most encounters.

As far as the off topic drop Q.

I have been running a kara group 2 times a week for 2 months now and i havent seen the boots drop once. I got mine b 4 i started running this group over 2 mo. ago.

I see the healer cape, hunter belt and caster (ring i think?) alot, but not much else.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

If this thread is drifting off topic, my pair of [item]Boots of Elusion[/item] were the first pair we've seen since the first few times we did Karazhan, and that was when we were stuck on Moroes. Both the people who got those boots have since left the guild or transferred off the server. We get the [item]Drape of the Righteous[/item] a lot though. All our Priests have one, a Paladin has one, and we've disenchanted more.

Back to the question at hand, there's not much more I can add really, use Battlescar for everything except stuff like Prince.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

And how come no one regards the Eaglecrest Warboots.. like at all,
    these are my main threat/tank boots (trash/kara) vs the elusion for avoidance bosses, gruul, vr, lb...

incase he eats thru my 2 SB charges i have a better chance to dodge a crushing
    From what i understand of crushing blows is that any Hit that lands which is not blocked has a 15% chance to be a crushing.
    Assuming you have a non-godlike level of avoidance/block, 15% of all incoming attacks (when Shield Block is down) will be crushings.

The only way to reduce this with gear is to have at least 87.4% block+dodge+parry+miss, which isn't really possible with Kara-level gear and thus stacking avoidance for this reason isn't worthwhile. However, avoidance does reduce the chance of taking a normal hit, which is always a good thing.

In fights like Prince where hits are frequent and SB isn't always up, a gear set favoring EH is generally better.

With more avoidance, you can extend the charges of Shield Block to last longer. If you do not block, but instead dodge or parry, you do not use a charge.

So yes, avoidance helps versus crushing blows even short of 87.4% total avoidance+block (after which is where crushing blows will begin to be pushed off).
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

+ Reply to Thread