+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resilience Clarification

Resilience Clarification

Per request, I'm relaying Eyonix' comments on Resilience:

We've seen many players report it as a bug when abilities that activate upon landing a critical strike activate inconsistently with resilience. For instance, if a warrior has both Enrage and Blood Craze talents, only one will activate when a critical strikes is prevented by resilience.

This is not a bug.

This is due to the underlying implementation for this feature. The game doesn't actually know that hit would have been a critical hit if not for resilience. Instead we've added a small chance to activate off non-crits based on resilience gear. Each abilities rolls this chance separately, so they will only occur together if a player is very lucky.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...10535762&sid=1

Wow that's a really terrible way for them to implement it. It should simply be.. roll for avoided crit. Crit is avoided thus ALL abilities that trigger on crits happen.

news to a lot of us no? its incredible, but how else could they have implemented it?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

This is extremely old news, but the way I would have anticipated them implementing it would be: if you don't get crit, you don't get the crit-proc ability. The fact that they added a second roll to proc these abilities is nothing but a bonus.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    This is extremely old news, but the way I would have anticipated them implementing it would be: if you don't get crit, you don't get the crit-proc ability. The fact that they added a second roll to proc these abilities is nothing but a bonus.
    Yeah it's old, just had a request to repost it from a shoutbox conversation earlier.

I honestly don't see why they didn't add a "Resilience negated crit" percentage to the attack that removes crit % but still acts as crits for talents, etc.

Much cleaner than a seperate roll for each ability.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

That's ... freaking stupid.

AKA: We were too lazy to recode it, so hey, since you found out, yes, it's not a bug.
    "I played hard to avoid mistakes, but now I can play hard to capitalize on opportunities." -Arold, on the 3.0 Protection Warrior.

+ Reply to Thread