+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just started running Karazhan, need gear help

Just started running Karazhan, need gear help

Hey all,

this Saturday, I had my very first Kara run. Got Attumen down, skipped Moroes, got Maiden to 51% then gave up after 3 wipes on her. (Had way too much melee and dispellers were way too slow )

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cutus&n=Raggar (outdated btw, stupid armory's slow with updating... got 13003 unbuffed now, put a +12 stm enchant on the bracers )

Anyway, since this is my only character on that realm, and since I play it all the time, I'm trying to get my tanking gear up outside of Karazhan, but been having trouble finding upgrades now, outside Karazhan. (Heroics FTL, ok badges will rock once 2.3 hits.) But anyway, could anyone point out what I should really upgrade before my 2nd Kara run this Thursday? Trying to do whatever I can to make it easier for the heals.

Also, have been making drastic changes to my gear since I found out about Effective Health. Still don't get it 100%, but I used to rely on heavy dodge+parry, even sacrificing stamina and armor for it. Seen the light thanks to tankspot.com, thanks guys!
    Last edited by Ragaroah; 10-22-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Looks like you are just fine. I started hitting Kara w/ less hp and armor (I still have less )

Well the thing is, I don't know what to aim for anymore, since besides doing Kara, I got nothing to do on that warrior (Don't feel like respeccing before/after each raid either.) So I'm trying to get my gear up outside Kara as much as I can, is there anythign else I should go for currently? Trying to make it as easy as I can for my healers
    Last edited by Ragaroah; 10-22-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Few things:

- Upgrade your gems to +12 stam
    - Get a Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer gun
    - Upgrade your shoulder enchant to the Revered version

Other than that, probably get heroic gear. I don't see much else you can do?

Your gear shouldn't be holding your raid back. It's probably a combination of lack of experienced raiders and possibly their lack of gear.

Maiden fight is pretty weird, but it's not really tough to tank anyway. She hits pretty hard, and if she crushes your healers are going to feel the pain trying to heal you. You really need a paladin for repentance or whatever it's called. Or you can move the Maiden over to the healers to let her AoE break them out of stun, then move her back immediately.

I'd say it's the other members of your raid holding you back. See if you can tank for them to help them gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by nethervoid View Post
    Few things:

- Upgrade your gems to +12 stam
    - Get a Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer gun
    - Upgrade your shoulder enchant to the Revered version
    The shoulder enchant is Exalted, Not revered. But other then that it's pretty much what i would suggest

There's nothing wrong with the gear your starting out with for lower Kara. It looks to me like you have the right idea. I'd start putting the +12 Stam Gems in the new gear you get from Kara. Its hard to justify the gold when you'll replace the gear extremely quickly. Definitely get the gun. Its worth the time and mats to acquire and you'll use it for a long time.

Hi,

I am pretty much in the same situation as you and unfortunately there isnt a whole lot of tanking gear available thats better than what you got or that you can get anywhere but Karazhan or a harder raid instance.

Other than whats allready mentioned there are a few things you could work towards.

I would replace your legs with Timewardens Leggings, its a revered faction reward from the Keepers of Time.

You could farm 20 primal life and 6 felsteel bars for the Bracers of the Green Fortress which in my opinion is better than anything you will get in Kara. This is a BoE item so you can find a crafter for it.

Since you are a blacksmith you could buy the Red Havoc Boots plans on AH and craft those for yourself. On my server the plans cost from 500 - 1000 gold on AH.

There is also a shield that drops of Nexus Prince Shaffar in H:MT, the Fel Barrier thats a good shadow resistance tanking shield.

Other than that the things you get in heroic instances are either worse or a sidegrade to what you allready got. To be honest I think the warrior tank items pre-kara are rather poor compared to whats available for all other classes, but thats just me.

Br,

Scipio

The exalted shield from sha'tar, took me a week to get it, and it rocks . Try and get it .
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

He has it .

Br,

Scipio

oeps hehe sorry well then you don't need the hc mt shield :P.

BTW Bracers of the Green Fortress isnt better, the one in Kara is better.

Go to Steam Vaults and get [item]Devilshark Cape[/item].

That's the only thing I could think of that hasn't already been mentioned.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

I know tier 5 guys still using it, it rocks !

+ Reply to Thread