+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloak: +120 Armor or +12 Dodge?

Cloak: +120 Armor or +12 Dodge?

Ok I've read both the effective health thread and Berg's Tank Gear Rankings, which is based off of the Tank Points mod.

Question is: which is the better enchant? Armor or Dodge? Tank points says dodge, but I thought armor and stam are better than avoidance? How do you know (other than tank points) when you will 'benefit' more from avoidance than stam/AC? I mean at some point a bigger avoidance gain will be better than the small stam/AC gain right?

My gut says 'Oh you like that armor enchant', but my practical side is saying 'Wow your dodge sucks!'

Here's my current gear, and I'm about to head into Kara within the next week.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&n=Nethervoid

I'd say go with the armor, you're a bit low for your hp levels.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

i think the great ciderhelm has said to enchant to the strengths of the cloak

devilshark = dodge

illhoof = armor

now my question for cider would be, the new heroic badge cloak reward has high armor and high dodge, how would you enchant that one?

to the poster above:

I would say that you should enchant it with what you need most...

If im not mistaken, Ciderhelms research proved that the armor scales really well and is a nice boost to the EH...

However dodge is also good to have and maybe is more useful on fast hitting bosses and bosses "on farm"...
    I dont make threats...I make promises~!

+12 dodge or +12 agility in general, but there is something to be said for enchanting to a cloak's strength; basically that means I'd enchant Guilded Thorium with 120 armor, anything else 12 agi or 12 dodge. 12 dodge is simply a higher level enchant, and while having enough effective health is important, sacrificing a lot for a little isn't wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    I'd say go with the armor, you're a bit low for your hp levels.
    I would go for armor aswell, armor and hp ftw!
    I use the same cloak but have 12 agi on it liek the dodge and crit, but I will switch it for armor when I get a better one like the Illhoof or sv one .
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

As long as you're not getting penetration or subtlety you made the right choice.

i agree with going with dodge

I have Devilshark w/ +12 dodge rat. i think it justs makes the cloak better stacking more dodge on it.

Any other cloak id go with +120 armor. When i get Gilded Thorium ill throw +120 armor on it, cause like the Devil im making a good thing thats already on it better.

Since you already have +12 dodge on your current cloak, you could keep it but the +120 armor is a low mat enchant that you would benifit more from at your gear stage.

Devilshark imo, is one of the best well rounded tanking cloaks in the game, drops off the last boss in non-heroic Steamvaults. I would suggest picking it up.

Your dodge will vastly improve as you get better gear, for the gear stage you are at now tho HP/Armor will benifit you the most.

Happy hunting-Boda
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread