+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Horseman's Helm is too easy to get.

The Horseman's Helm is too easy to get.

I feel a bit insulted considering I had to level Engineering to 350 to get [item]Furious Gizmatic Goggles[/item], only to find out that people can get [item]The Horseman's Helm[/item] by...just being in a decent party at a certain period of the year. (link)

Anyone feel that helm is too uber considering how easy it is to get?
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

Well, the drop rate is absolute crap. I spent three hours farming it. I got one, but one other member of my party needed it as well.

But yes, it is still extremely easy to get.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Yeah, I grabbed one of these last night. It's nice. The Furious goggles were the only goggles I haven't actually made, since I've never done a retribution role, but considering how easy this guy is to farm then I have to agree that it's much easier than farming mats and skilling up.

I want one, ran SM gy five times yesterday and every time the healing ring and epic broom dropped

The PVP/DPS warrior in the other department chucked a 5-minute whinge when I showed him this, since he just got his [item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Helm[/item] recently.

"This is SO gonna get nerfed, man!"

It so is gonna get nerfed. But so long as it keeps the laugh when you right-click it then I don't mind really. I was running around Silvermoon laughing at people for about an hour after Karazhan tonight, wearing just that mask and matching belt, gloves and shoulderpads. I may be easily amused but it's the best drop I had in months.

Matching belt, gloves and shoulderpads? You mean from "official" hallow's end quests or just some random ones you've found to be matching?

Oh, just random ones. Mantle of Abrahmis, the belt from Moroes and the gloves from good old Maiden. Is there official ones? :O

Dunno, I thought that was what you meant...haha.

/use [item]The Horseman's Helm[/item]
    /use [item]Piccolo of the Flaming Fire[/item]
    /laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Tristessa View Post
    I feel a bit insulted considering I had to level Engineering to 350 to get [item]Furious Gizmatic Goggles[/item], only to find out that people can get [item]The Horseman's Helm[/item] by...just being in a decent party at a certain period of the year. (link)

Anyone feel that helm is too uber considering how easy it is to get?
    Well The Horseman helm is worster then your Goggles .

I have [item]Warbringer Battle-Helm[/item], so I don't really care about the helmet, but I've already seen three people running around with it in the relatively short time I've played today. So, it probably is too easy to get, but I don't really care because I didn't level up engineering. If I was an engineer I'd feel wronged though. It probably will get nerfed, so don't chuck out your goggles yet.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

ran about 30+ times today with a pali friend of mine who wanted it... yap still hasnt droped. however i do have a bag worth of brooms!

A guy from my guild got it on his first run. My IRL mates did like 30 runs yesterday and they got 2X healer rings and no helmet.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Honestly, the helm is great for a MS warrior. However, as far as Fury goes, I'd much prefer the Engineering ones. Also, I'd rather take a meta gem slot over the slots available for the Horseman's.

In addition, consider how easy it is to get and weigh it against the longevity of the item. You can only get this item during a certain time period each year versus getting the engineering one any time with money/farming. Also consider that ideally, people will be level 80 by next October, so unless this event gets an update, you've got a useless level 70 item for level 80s.

I got the helm and the pet on my first run. ^^

Now to get that cloth helm. ><

7 hours straight of cycling people through different pugs for horseman and I saw 2 helms drop. Also not everyone is an engineer so its kind of nice for those of us that were wearing crap =p
    How to play a Warrior:

Q u o t e:
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Mortal Strike, Execute

Even if I have the engineer helmet Im gonna farm for the Headless' helmet. It looks so damn freaking funny on a gnome.

Totoro-smile!

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

I farmed mine yesterday and with some luck got it - finally replacing the Overlord Helm of second sight in my dps gear. I kinda agree that it is very easy to get considering its stats, but if you consider a guild like mine it really is filling a missing item slot. Like many small guilds we can clear Kara with one group, or get halfway-ish with two. One of our dps warriors finally got his tier helm from prince (only the second time the token has dropped after two months of pally ones). Outside of kara there are the goggles (and as someone said not everyone is an engineer or wants to drop some other profession for a single item); gladiator ones and doomplate from heroic Durnholde (the 2 set bonus of +hit makes this is very nice option); but heroic durnholde is pretty hard for non-25man-raid-geared groups. I think those are pretty much the only dps plate upgrades which are around.

So all in all, yeah it's easy to get (if you get lucky) but I'm glad it's there.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Crafted gear should be better and comperable to raid drops. Even if some of the mats drop in raid instances like Nether Vortex....there's just not enough variety. I am a 375 armorsmith and I can make one item for one slot, some nice boots only for myself but they would be surpassed in early BT (har, hypothetically) and resist crap.

So what if you are an Illidan killing raider and a 375 smith? Jack squat you can make.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

+ Reply to Thread