+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disarm Immunity

Disarm Immunity

According to Bornakk's on the warrior forum," All Disarm immunity effects" are going to be changed. Any advice on how to tank the ethereals found in Karazhan that switch targets when they disarm you? I typically use a second weapon with a chain on it. Since my guild has not progressed much farther, I'm not sure if there are more mobs like these found elsewhere in the game.

Get a DROOOOOD to tank them OR, save you SS for the Disarm effect, that should generate enough threat to hold them through the reduced disarm effect, if you use the weapon witht eh weapon chain

They don't switch targets when they disarm you.

You just don't generate near the amount of threat without your weapon that you normally would.

Have your dps wait a few seconds longer, and you'll never lose aggro on them.

They used to deaggro upon disarming. They stopped doing this at patch 2.1.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Shield Slam, Shield Bash, Thunderclap all generate threat without a weapon.
    "I played hard to avoid mistakes, but now I can play hard to capitalize on opportunities." -Arold, on the 3.0 Protection Warrior.

I think the exact change in 2.1 was a reduction in the threat drop that came with the disarm. Before that, you had to have a second tank holding the #2 threat spot to keep them from running wild, because the MT would usually lose aggro instantly unless he had a huge threat lead.

Now, it's not so much an issue - just have the dps start slowly and you'll have enough of a threat lead that the (reduced) drop and temporarily gimped threat generation after the disarm won't cause you to lose aggro. (Unless you get a really early disarm, which can get ugly.)

+ Reply to Thread