[item]The Brutalizer[/item]
    [item]Shapeshifter's Signet[/item]

Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx
    Binds when picked up
    Wrist
    703 Armor
    +45 Stamina
    Durability 55 / 55
    Requires Level 70Equip: Increases defense rating by 23.
    Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 22.

Brooch of Deftness
    Binds when picked up
    Neck
    +48 Stamina
    Requires Level 70Equip: Improves hit rating by 22.
    Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 21.

You wouldn't want to wear them all (especially that ring) unless you could afford the loss of avoidance/mitigation stats... but I can see myself using three of those for sure.

what is the dodge/parry cap for a 73 boss?

Dodge should be the same as Miss (depends on mob level, but low). Parry is way up there, from the WWS parses people were discussing in another thread, 10% minimum, usually more.

Given that Defiance now has Expertise, having just a couple of these items might mean the Human/Orc racial change is not so bad. Not as good as Expertise for tanks, but not *that* much worse, either.

i disagree. The nerf to human/orcs is pretty huge. im going to be crying at my rage generation, and crying even more at my human tank's threat.

LC ring

vs ring from arcatraz ?

Quote Originally Posted by Premed View Post
    i disagree. The nerf to human/orcs is pretty huge. im going to be crying at my rage generation, and crying even more at my human tank's threat.
    Right, but let's say your gear caps your Dodge reduction out. Five points in Expertise will only offer a 1.25% reduction to Avoidance at that point, since it will only affect Parry. Still better than Crit, but not terribly far off. For instance, I'd stick with [item]The Unbreakable Will[/item] instead of [item]The Brutalizer[/item] if I could cap out my Dodge reduction w/o it.

I think you would need to wear three items (enforcement, brutalizer and neck) to reach an affordable dodge reduction. They are not bad items, in fact, the neck is slighty worse than BT one [item]Pendant of titans[/item] but superior from any other neck before.

To be honest, I would probably lose my gauntlets of enforcement if I want to get Illidan's helm and 4 piece set bonus. So there won't be a moment to use the sword for me.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Sorry to be slightly offtopic but is the boss dodge 5.8 (based on defense alone) or it is as high as the miss chance (9% with no +weapon skill pre2.3)?
    Higfather
    Being better than all the rest doesn't mean that you are good enough!

I'm pretty sure dodge is in the 5% range and parry is in the low teens (13-14%?).

That's from glancing over some of my WWS's.

i know the obvious 2 your going to use, but between the 2 heroic badge items, which one is it goin to be?

Won't [item]Mallet of the Tides[/item] be gaining some significant expertise as well? Might want to take that into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by steadymobn View Post
    i know the obvious 2 your going to use, but between the 2 heroic badge items, which one is it goin to be?
    Depends a bit on what other gear you have in those slots. With all options available, I would use the bracer (and Pendant of the Titans) in addition to Brutalizer and Enforcement.
    There is one good reason to do so: With Brutalizer + Enforcement + neck, you get 63 expertise rating = 15.99 expertise. The game rounds this down to 15 expertise. The bracer has one more expertise rating, resulting in 16 expertise from items instead.

I'm almost certainly trading the Barbed Choker in for the Brooch. I'm not going to miss the one percent dodge or the 7 defense skill as much as I will love the hit and expertise. After I get the pants anyway.

+ Reply to Thread