+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice for my gear.

Need advice for my gear.

Hello everyone! First of all, thanks to Cinderhelm for give this nice place to all us warriors, and thanks to all the people that contributes to help eachother.
    I'm the MT of my guild, since our MT has respecced to Fury. So he OT when necessary, DPS the rest of time.
    Yesterday in Karazhan we 1 shooted every boss with 1 wipe on Aran because our healers died on Blizzard. Also got Prince on 2º attempt. Till here, all well.
    The problem is that i never tanked Nightbane, and yesterday we tried 2 times, and after 2 wipes we called it. Wasnt a problem of fear or skellies phase, that went nice.
    The problem is that i got 3 shooted, and healers couldnt get me up. Used Last Stand, all trinkets, Shield Block... all i had.
    He didnt critted me, i have like 530 def. But i got 3 nice Crushing Blows for about 6.5k each one and of course -> dead.
    I think the problem there is my HP. But i dont like to put a +12 sta gem on every slot. I like to match every slot with a proper colored gem.
    Tomorrow Friday, we will go again, and try to kill him. I have 40 badges and i plan on do enough heroics tomorrow and buy the helm from badges and put a +12 sta gem plus the +18 sta/5% fear resist meta plus the enchant from keepers revered.
    Dont have Moroes trinket... never saw it, same as neck from Maiden. Im doing almost 1 run every day to SV for get Devilshark Cape... and never saw it.
    So, i would like any tip you could give for tank tomorrow and try to survive in Nightbane.

Thanks in advance!

PS.: Cant give you the armory link, since im in work, and the proxy blocks it. Im Raudon from Earthen Ring, if you wanna check. Thanks again!

to be honest, imho, 530 defense is to high if it is causing you to suffer with your health. your gonna need to stack +12 stam gems if your gona be a MT, theres no way around it. the socket bonuses arent very good anyway for most the gear so you should be fine with just stacking +12 stam gems and losing some defense

Well, Shield Block needs to be up as much as possible to avoid the crushing blows and you should try your best to keep Thunderclap up as much as possible as well to slow down his attack speed so he doesnt burn through the charges. In addition, all other melee DPS should be attacking from behind at all times (on all bosses), reason being is that they cannot be parried when attacking from behind, serving to increase their DPS and to prevent speeding up the attacks of the boss. That being said, Nightbane is a little bit more tricky because they cannot attack directly from behind due to the tail sweep, though they should be able to attack a flank right by one of his hind legs, serving the same purpose.

As for gemming +12 Sta, it's usually the best way to go to ramp up your EH enough to be comfortable in those fights, though if you got hit for 6.5kx3 (19.5k)... those extra couple gems probably wouldnt have saved you anyway. I must admit that I dont gem +12 in -every- slot myself, but I wont substitue more than one gem for a socket bonus since most are lacklustre.

Also, your defense doesnt really need to be that high, 490 is the uncritable area, so you can stand to lose ~40 defense in favor of +stam/armor. Not that more defense is a bad thing, but it's a good area to lower to increase other soft spots.
    Last edited by Mayhoon; 10-18-2007 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts...

Here is my armory profile, could copy paste from a forums that the proxy doesnt block:

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...+Ring&n=Raudon

What gems you think i should replace? Notice that +60 def rating are from the trinkets.

Thanks!

Hrm. 3 crushings in a row on Nightbane shouldn't be possible if you were using shield block the entire time. You didn't have any melee dps (including pets/snake traps/etc) attacking from in front did you? That's superbad.

Also...nice to see someone else from ER on here. *wave*

Edit: Mayhoon beat me. Gr.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

Thanks for all the replies!

Well, maybe 3 CB not, but im sure there was 2 and the last hit (could be normal, not sure) killed me. Tried to keep up shield block whenever was ready and thunder clap/shout also always up. With buffs i had 15k HP, and well, i think that this is not enough.

Ill try to get the helm from badges before tomorrow's raid and do you think i need to change any enchant/gem from my gear?

*Waves to Paumedie*

Thanks all again!
    Last edited by Raudon; 10-18-2007 at 01:30 PM.

i would throw +12 stam gems on the wrynn legs and the maiden gauntlets, as you will be using them for an EH set for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Paumedie View Post
    Hrm. 3 crushings in a row on Nightbane shouldn't be possible if you were using shield block the entire time. You didn't have any melee dps (including pets/snake traps/etc) attacking from in front did you? That's superbad.

Also...nice to see someone else from ER on here. *wave*

Edit: Mayhoon beat me. Gr.
    EU ER, Paum.

Keep imp TC up all times. If you are having issues remembering to keep SB always up, bind it to your revenge and SS keys. Regem your pants, belt and gloves with +12 stamina gems.

+ Reply to Thread