+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tankatronic

Tankatronic

I dropped bs yesterday, I allready got it on my alt dps warrior anyway. Why Well the freaking [item]Eternium Greathelm[/item] , never drops for me, and the [item]Tankatronic Goggles[/item] is better anyway, Any other Tanks here who use it?

Do you guys think I made a good choise?
    Last edited by Razmo; 10-18-2007 at 02:04 AM.
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

<--- 5/5 in Mount Hyjal and 7/9 in Black Temple and I still use them. I would replace for [item]Faceplate of the Impenetrable[/item] or tier6 helmet (but just for the 2 piece set bonus).

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

K, thnx. Now I know for sure I made the right choice .

Yep, I use them as well and its mainly for the fact they are better then tier 5, and it means that when(if, lol) I ever see vashj the healers can get the helm token, most of the tanks in my guild taken engineering for the same reason.

Plus, the Stamina trinket is awesome as well, And will do me until something better drops.

Yeah it's good but no block on it. The autoblocker will make up for that but I want to use the moroes watch aswell and the engenering trinket haahaha dilemma's :P.

I dropped BS myself just to get the goggles. Much easyer to get and it'll last for a long time. Not to mention all the other nifty Engy treats.

And soon the mount .

Oh god, dont remind me, Im in the process of farming the gold for my Epic budgie training, but with the amount of new gear coming my way soon(pretty much all tank drops in kara when and if they drop because our 2 mt's are fully geared) Im never going to see it.

Im just glad the but in a normal version for us poor folk

I've been thinking of droping mining for engineering as well. But is it like leveling blacksmithing? BS took me quite a while to get to 375 and several thousand gold. In fact, I think I spent 3000 gold just to get from 360 to 375. Does engineering take that sort of gold grind?

I managed to get engineering to 350 (required for helms) on only about 200g using a power leveling guide (most of that spent on thorium). But I had 375 mining so I farmed quite a bit of the mats myself. Assuming you are willing to farm at least some of it (outlands stuff, and copper because copper is easy), you can probably do it for <1000g.

Copper is easy, tin can be annoying but is generally cheap. Mithril is where it starts getting expensive but I had a stockpile from when I had leveled mining. Thorium sucks. Fel Iron just run laps around hellfire till you get enough.

Yeah, If your willing to Grind the mats for it, Its not that expensive at all to be honest, 300-350 is fairly straight forward as it goes, But it does require motes of earth and fire, wwhich you should be able to get mining anyway

I love my [item]Tankatronic Goggles[/item]. It's farking cheap considering the "hardest" mat you need is the Primal Nether...
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

I spent about 400g getting the engineering up and with a few trades and donations from the guild, it was fairly swift and painless.

The goggle rawk and with the glyph from COT, I love 'em

I dropped mining on my warrior for engineering and levelled mining on my priest (but only after I had the ores I required to hit 350 engineering).

Levelling mining on the priest gave me most of the low level ores that I required and I continued to gather most the high-level ores on my warrior. This way I was able to drop mining and hit 350 engineering in one day.

I am currently stuck on 363 engineering and don't see anything really worth my while to make it to 375 engineering. My guess is that is will cost as much (if not more) to hit 375 engineering as it takes to hit 375 blacksmithing.

I made a list of items needed to get to 350 Engineering (including mats for the goggles), and farmed those (with a little surplus) before I ditched Mining myself. Just mail everything to a bank alt untill you have everything. Highlander's guide on the EU profession forum worked pretty well, and I think that all in all, I spent about 300g, most of it on Thorium and Mithril bars.

I do miss mining though

I also dropped Mining for Engineering, once I heard about the new mounts. I had all the low level ore saved up, as well as a bunch of Fel Iron and Adamantite, so getting to 350 was kind of a breeze. However, I wanted 375, and that was bloody expensive. I easily spent 3k gold, possibly more, over the course of 3 days. On the bright side, I have 375 BS/Eng now, with all the mats to make the epic flying mount sitting in my bank.

The great thing about the helmet is it has a yellow socket with a +6 stam bonus. I tossed in a +8 hit rating gem, on top of the 13 it already has, which really helped me out. I was sorely lacking in hit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    I am currently stuck on 363 engineering and don't see anything really worth my while to make it to 375 engineering. My guess is that is will cost as much (if not more) to hit 375 engineering as it takes to hit 375 blacksmithing.
    The Khorium Scope (wowhead) is what you're after, I think. I browsed Wowhead one night to see what recipes I haven't got, and managed to get the schematics after the 23rd kill or so. Learnt it...and apparently I still can get skill-ups at Engineering level 368. =o

It's not too hard a farm, and you can make a few Hunters happy as well. =p
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

I made the Khorium Scopes up to 375, there's really no better option. I ended up selling them all for ~80g each, so the total cost in the end wasn't too terrible. Just put them up for sale 1 at a time, so you don't flood the AH and make other people start undercutting you.

I lvld it to 350 (now 352 or something) in 3 nights. Costed me 350g to buy some mats. Engineering is cheap to lvl but after lvl.

Farm the Felsteel Boomstick Pattern, requires no blue gems, just ore!! and was yellow from 365-375 eng
    I got it from the forge camp anger engineer mobs after about 150 of em looking for the goblin rocket boots drop

+ Reply to Thread