+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Hydross post *sigh*

Another Hydross post *sigh*

Hey folks,

First of all, I'm "REALLY" sorry about making this thread, I know there's a lot of them like it out there, but I'm rather pressed for time so I was hoping to get some answers straight from the source rather than apply other people's situations to my own and hope to make a comparison.

First of all, here's my armory. I logged out in my Frost resist gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enas&n=Shaiden

Please don't gawk at the unenchanted gear, it's not part of my usual set (KD included).

Here's my situation. I've just been dropped on a "be ready for hydross tomorrow", however I've been assigned as a frost resistance tank (but I kept my AQ40 NR gear and everything! /cry).

I've heard that I need to stay above 490 defense, I need 290 resistance, and over 11000 health. (Please confirm? It would be nice if I were overshooting it.)

As you can see, my health is there, my defense is teetering on the brink, and I'm still lacking a rather large portion of the frost resistance gear that I will be needing.

I've already determined that by using King's Defender rather than my usual Blazeguard, that I will be able to equip the crafted frost resistance necklace (I forgot the name, many apologies) without going below 490 defense.

I've also determined that If I can craft the Violet Eye ring, It will also boost my resistances by some 14 or so.

In addition to this, two frost resistance patches could be applied to my chestpiece and my pants.

While I FULLY expect that I'll only be able to get 1/4 of these tasks completed on time, I was wondering this, How can I squeeze (approximately) another 40 or so resistance out of my gear (if my math is correct).

Also, and this is imperative. "buffed" with paladin aura, fort, paws, kings, etc etc etc, Is it feasible for me to tank hydross in pure form? And if so, will it simply result in much more spiky damage? Or is this looking like an impossibility at this point.

Key points:
    I do NOT have... daibiri's enigma (however it was spelt) I was young and foolish, and thought something better would come along, these are the best +defense trinkets I have

I do NOT have a +defense cload higher than my devilshark. The need nor opportunity has never come up for it.

I do NOT have hundreds on hundreds of gold to spend at AH. Work has been eating up enough time to stop me from doing dailies. As such, the IF bank is threatening to reposses my bagslots.

These boss attempts will likely go down tomorrow if/when we down lurker, we'll be pulling a 180 and heading back to him.

So sorry for the urgency and the thread folks. I'm just in something of a bind here.

~Shaiden
    This is my signature.

[item]Elixir of Ironskin[/item] was my savior for our first few kills, because you can shed a little bit of defense for some extra resist/stam.

You might consider [item]Ogri'la Aegis[/item] for the two sockets, which could take defense gems or Void Spheres.

Also, you could do what I did with my [item]Mantle of Abrahmis[/item], if you were lucky enough to get one. I socketed it with two Void Spheres and the AD shoulder enchant. It's also got more defense than T4 or T5 (armor isn't relevant here).

Your guild should be willing to help out with the crystals/Void Sphere transmutes (they're on a 2-day cooldown, which we found out on our first set of Hydross attempts).

I think, if you're below 270 FR or so, you're pushing it.

Get 490 def as main priority. Resistances, even capped, have a 25% chance to fail a reveive a full hit. Imagine an unresisted crit pass 2nd or 3rd Hydross mark = around 20k hit.
    You should craft urself the three epic pieces plus the epic ring then get the 490 defense, then start looking for improvements in ur stamina and resistances. That is what I did. I have 489 def, 15.500 buffed hp and around 320 buffed resistances.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

I logged out in my FrR gear. Basically you want to grab some PvP gear because it's high in stam and resilience.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tone&n=Wartorn

Edit : Ignore the gems on the belt. I got it today.

the way my guild does, we go with resist > def rating, we never worry about the defense rating and just go for the resist gear, we have been doing hydross for about 2 months like this and have yet to have a problem at all.

Okay, Step 1: i've picked up the ogrila shield and got one vortex into it, hopefully I can make another in time.

Step 2: A kindly feral tank has offered me the use of primals and jewelcrafting (Meaning I "might" be able to make the necklace by the raid time tonight.

Meaning if I can get those two completed, I'll be sitting at an additional 38 resistance (Sits me somewhere around 250 unbuffed FrR)

I'll also see if I can get a cloak of eternity quickly crafted + enchanted for an additional 7 resistance (so sits me around 257).

Beyond that, I can think of adding two frost resist patches to my pants and chest (+16, so I'd be sitting at 273 resists)

Hopefully I'll be able to get the majority of this stuff done! Thanks for all your help everyone. If you can think of anything else I could do that doesn't jeoporize my 490, please keep posting!

I believe I also have a spare flask sitting around for a learning attempt... maybe I "can" drop below 490 if I rely on them (although relying on consumables is something I despise doing).

P.S.
    Wartorn: I have "no" time for PvP unfortunately.
    Even if I did, I doubt I'd be able to keep up with payments to respec constantly, most of my money is spent on consumables and repairs. Thank you very much for the idea though!
    This is my signature.

Skip the Cloak of Eternity and get the cloak I'm wearing, it's much better for getting you to crit immune. Also, there are some non-PvP resilience trinkets you can get with more crit immunity that your current trinkets.

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.-4&f...rs=1:1;crv=0:0

I'll definitely look into that wartorn, but as i stated earlier, I'm hoping to make these changes by tonight.

Seeing as I'm working until around an hour before the raid, and I have a 45 minute transit time, I don't know if I can manage those runs in time :P

At the moment, I'm limited to bought / crafted items, and since I'm low on cash, I can't afford to buy dozens of primals XD
    This is my signature.

Also, allow me to iterate [item]Elixir of Ironskin[/item]. I think that's about 40 or 50 defense rating that you can shed, which is more crit resistance than a Fort Flask.

[Item]Flask of chromatic wonder[/item] stacks with Pala/Hunter Aura.
    Since it seems to be broken (itemlink) 35 (thx jugger) Resist to all and 18 to all attributes.
    Last edited by Lacunata; 10-18-2007 at 04:43 AM.

35 resist I know it since it's what I'm tanking with^^ (357FrR buffed).

Thanks for the help everyone!

We started the raid fairly late, then died on lurker a few times. (For the love of all that is holy GET UNDER THE WATER!). So we only had one attempt on hydross.

86% I believe on our first (and only) try ever? It was either 76 or 86, I'm unsure, I was too busy laughing at the panic on TS.

Sounds like we should be able to do this fight. The only issues there seemed to be was swapping aggro between tanks (We don't generally use threat meters), me forgetting to remind our two warlocks to banish two of the elemental adds (thusly the amusing chaos on TS), and one of our main healers falling into the water by accident, and needing to swim to lurker's pipe to get back up.

Thank you all so much for the help! Please feel free to keep posting though, I'm sure at least a few other people are in the same situation I am!

~Shaiden
    This is my signature.

+ Reply to Thread