+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Azure-Shield of Coldarra v. Crest of the Sha'tar

Azure-Shield of Coldarra v. Crest of the Sha'tar

I hate "versus" threads, especially posting them...but I just had to ask.

Why would people choose [item]Azure-Shield of Coldarra[/item] over [item]Crest of the Sha'tar[/item]? They "seem" like sidegrades to my eyes.

I've currently got the Crest with 2x [item]Solid Star of Elune[/item], and in process of getting the [item]Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600[/item] sometime--so if I do switch to the Azure-Shield, I will notice this change to my stats:
    *. +3 Armor
    *. +16 Block Value
    *. -12 Stamina
    *. -3 Dodge Rating (0.15% Dodge)
    *. +9 Defense Rating (3.8 Defense)

Is it really worth the 33 [item]Badge of Justice[/item]?
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

I'm also in the same boat, although I think I'm going to shoot for the arena S2 shield, and spend the badges on the auto-blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpho View Post
    I'm also in the same boat, although I think I'm going to shoot for the arena S2 shield, and spend the badges on the auto-blocker.
    I just upgraded from the Crest of the Sha'tar to the season 2 shield, I think it's the best tanking upgrade I've ever had with one item, the additional armour is enormous. The Auto-blocker is a fantastic trinket and the first thing I bought with my badges and in my opinion a better item to spend badges on than the shield.

i think (for whatever thats worth) that most people just go for whichever they get first. imo save teh badges for something useful like the autoblocker

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache View Post
    i think (for whatever thats worth) that most people just go for whichever they get first. imo save teh badges for something useful like the autoblocker
    Even then, one would naturally assume that any good tank worth his/her salt would reach Exalted with the Sha'tar before getting 33 Badges... =S
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristessa View Post
    Even then, one would naturally assume that any good tank worth his/her salt would reach Exalted with the Sha'tar before getting 33 Badges... =S
    I hit exalted with Sha'tar when I picked up my fourth heroic badge...ever.

I "upgraded" the shield.

I may be the exception though, as so many guildies want this heroic or that for this piece or that, that I am out of heroic tanking items to buy.

What I have noticed is:

1. More damage blocked
    2. Higher shield slams
    3. Looks shinier

I don't regret purchasing it at all, though like others mentioned....get the auto blocker first. I spent my first 41 badges on it, and never regretted it

1 reason and 1 reason alone to get crest over the coldarra

getting the trinket faster and first.

its a huge threat tool, and very nice mitigation trinket.

Coldarra is arguably better but lower stam, but the trinket beats it in terms of priority so go crest, and hope for nightbane or go s2 shield next. its what i did.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I will stick to my Crest of the Sha'tar. Love the shield. With the badges I bought the ring and now i'm saving for the trinket. Pitty the moroes trinket has not dropped for me jet. They make a nice team.

+ Reply to Thread