+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When do I socket +hit over +stam?

When do I socket +hit over +stam?

I am a tank who has mainly been tanking Karazhan but my gear has progressed dramatically and my guild will be rotating me into a main tanking slot for gruuls, SSC, and Voidreaver.

I currently have NO +hit on any piece of gear, and started putting +8 hit rating into yellow slots, instead of my usual +12 stamina into every socket like I used to. Now my question is, do I want to hit a certain HIT % then work on Stam/avoidance, or do I wanna aim for a certain UNBUFFED hp like 14-15k, then socket/collect +hit, or do I wanna try to get socket bonuses putting in +def/str/dodge gems and putting in +hit gems with them?

First of all, Link your armory profile, It gives a good idea of your current gear.

The +hit question has come up before, and the general consensus was it depends if you are comfterble with your threat, if you are then continue to +12 stam, if not then maybe swap out some blue gems for +hit9but i would say not to go pverboard, as health is a huge thing for a tank)

Lastly, Dont socket for a bonus. They are genrally weak and not worth the boost in stats that you may actually need.

+ Reply to Thread