+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Atlantis, Yuma

Atlantis, Yuma

My television Sci Fi fascinations have gone in this order: Star Trek (Next Generation), Stargate SG-1, and Battlestar Galactica. Until this new season of Stargate Atlantis I was not a fan.

But it's changed a bit, and for the better. It's darker this season. Since SG-1 has stopped airing, at least two actors from the original series have come over to Atlantis, including Amanda Tapping. Friday night's episode, Lifeline, even began with a good one-liner as these actors ported through to a new planet, "Wow, this looks like Elwnn Forest."

I'll give Atlantis a shot.

3:10 to Yuma
    Before my power went out and the Atlas Foundry blew up in my city (read the blog entry below this one), I was writing a movie review of 3:10 to Yuma.

There's not really much to write, though. It's a Western, but it's not a Spaghetti Western like the Clint Eastwood movies. It was new and unexpectedly good. I personally enjoyed learning the story as I went, so I'm not going to summarize the plot points here.

Russel Crowe movies have one other peculiar aspect to them. They are almost universally well cast -- when you see a movie with him, the other actors and actresses wind up being impressive as well. In this case, Christian Bale was equally impressive, and nearly every other character was well played.

See it if you haven't.

SG-1 was one of my favorite tv shows of all time. I didn't like Atlantis at all. I only watched the first season and a half and... it was just boring and so cliche ridden. Maybe I'll check out some newer episodes.

I saw 3:10 to Yuma when I was down in FL visiting family. Definitely a good watch.

+ Reply to Thread