+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Steel and Fire- Kazaganthi's Guide to Arena

Lets say I'm running with a low resilience resto shammy. Which role would I want the Pally to play while waiting for the shammy to fix the (200ish) res?

I wanted to post again - I've had a chance to arena and BG more since my original posts...

Warrior builds have been of interest to me. I have tried the mixed arms/fury builds (35/25/3 et. al.) and the full arms builds. My own style has benefited from the awesome rage generation of the full arms builds, coupling the health regen abilities along with tactical mastery. I like to switch and pummel, intercept, but continue to have good rage for debuffs and non-white damage skills.

I suppose that's just what works for me, but now that I am s2/s3 geared, it seems to me that what you choose for your warr build should depend on your own style of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by solicitor View Post
    Lets say I'm running with a low resilience resto shammy. Which role would I want the Pally to play while waiting for the shammy to fix the (200ish) res?
    Well if you find a good holy pally that would help the most imo.

He could help cover the shamans weaker heals with his, and having a double healer team usually allows drinking unless the other team is being very careful. This would generally outlast the other team in an arena due to the fact that the other team might only have one healer making them stay alert, and they have half the mana pool that your team does, plus it would be harder for them to get a drink off.

War vs druid

Ok...so our teammates die and it's just me (arms mace generic spec) and a resto druid left. How do I kill him?

This is what I do now: leave arena after about 10 min of boring chasing :-(

sadly they should win, because they can basically just moonfire you, and keep themselves at 100% with hots.

1 on 1 unless you have 100 rage and catch them in rage with all your cds still up, you won't get the kill. But lets propose you have all those. what you want to do is get ms up on them right away and keep it up, make em waste mana, and stick to them always so they can't drink, hamstring a lot, and hope for a mace stun, when it happens, unload, if he starts to get away, intercept and hamstring again, keep the pressure, trinket out of 5 second cyclones or full duration roots, if its any shorter just wait em out, it's not worth wasting 2 minute cds. If you can get him to 50% or so, you gotta just unload, blow intercept, keep him near you, if he gets away, fear him, get back on him, sunder him up and keep him that way, sure he'll be in bear form but he can't heal in that form and each shift will cost him mana.

Other than that, I can't really help ya, it's like a 90% chance win in his favor =T

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Warriors against healers is a tough matchup I think, though not as much if they're squishy. Whether it's dealing with HOTs or PWS or the damn pally bubble, it's tough to deal with healers without a stun. Sure, we have the 3 interrupts - pummel, intercept, and intim shout, but IS doesn't always work, and I am seeing more healers trinket out of my hamstring!

I have been thinking about going BS to get Stormherald. That plus mace spec looks yummy. However we deal with them, it seems more important to have good teammates. I run with a hunter for fun 2v2, and we're not great - all dps and not much else (and he's raid spec'd to boot!), but when I run with my frost mage or ret pally friend, it's a lot different.

I believe our function is all about debuffing opponents (MS, sunder, dem shout), movement impairing (ham), and limited CC/interrupt, and some dps, though, against inexperienced opponents, the sight of an armored warrior constantly in your face, making casting tough, seems daunting.

In my 3v3 last week, we faced a resto druid, lock, warrior, with us running holy pally, frostie, and me. We barely won - we took the lock down first after ditching his soul linked pet, then got the druid, but the warrior kept our mage from doing a ton other than run away from him, essentially kite-tanking him around

Quote Originally Posted by Thist View Post
    Ok...so our teammates die and it's just me (arms mace generic spec) and a resto druid left. How do I kill him?

This is what I do now: leave arena after about 10 min of boring chasing :-(
    You should win this. Completely sunder the druid. Keep MS up at all times. Pummel any cyclone he does. Save your trinket for when he bashes you in bear form(he will.) As soon as he does he will usually pop into caster form to cyclone you. Pummel the cyclone...he will then either go bear in which case you just slowly work him down, or if he's bad he will go travel form. If he goes travel...intercept him. You should have a near full rage bar on a fully sundered target. MS...WW..Heroic...execute. As long as you save your intercept for stunning him in caster or travel form, a druid is pretty squishy. If you manage to get rooted in place, try to reflect a cyclone or wrath back at him. It will make him think twice before every root/cyclone.

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaganthi View Post
    You should win this. Completely sunder the druid. Keep MS up at all times. Pummel any cyclone he does. Save your trinket for when he bashes you in bear form(he will.) As soon as he does he will usually pop into caster form to cyclone you. Pummel the cyclone...he will then either go bear in which case you just slowly work him down, or if he's bad he will go travel form. If he goes travel...intercept him. You should have a near full rage bar on a fully sundered target. MS...WW..Heroic...execute. As long as you save your intercept for stunning him in caster or travel form, a druid is pretty squishy. If you manage to get rooted in place, try to reflect a cyclone or wrath back at him. It will make him think twice before every root/cyclone.

Kaz
    This is why this Kaz is a Glad and Kaze(myself) is only a Duelist. <3

I'm really slow on pummels, so I get wrecked by cyclone a lot.

OH and 1 trick that I've found pretty important! Throw your range slot! Like seriously, if he roots you out of melee, start chucking axes! Whether it's just to annoy him or even for a potential kill, it can matter. I've killed many mages with a thrown weapon, and have kept a druid in combat that extra 1-2 seconds by throwing at him and critting him, proc'ing deep wounds (i think?).

Here's a question. I met an enhance shammy that was killing everyone in a WSG recently. I tried fighting him in zerk (bad idea), battle (sl. better) and defensive - got wrecked in all. I disarmed him, sundered him, kept MS up, Demo'd him...nothing. He finished me easily every time, even when I rushed him once when he was at half health.

Are enhance shammies that much better than us if geared? He was slightly better geared than me (I have a mix of seasons 1-3).

short answer: Yes

Long Answer: Hell yes, but if you can zerg his ass with 2 or 3 more, you can take him out quickly

Disarming him works. Also if his gear is that much better than yours....stun him as much as possible. Intercept him on every cooldown. But yeah, it just sounds like he really outgears you. Also since enhance shamans aren't big dodgers...I'd stance dance, but mostly stay in zerk.

Kaz

keep him debuffed too, especially tclap.

f.y.i. the build links don't work. it just loads blank talent trees.
    "Baking cakes and taking names"
    "I'm gonna drink until you look pretty"

This is an old guide.

please look at the date of the original post...this was over a year ago during bc so the talent builds wont work anymore.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread