+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I OT Gruuls?

Can I OT Gruuls?

I do relize my gear is basically just kara ready, I was wondering what needs to change to OT gruuls. Thanks for your imput.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&n=Limbsdeath

you have your pvp gear on as far as I can see.

OTing gruul is an unpleasant job for a warrior because rage is hard to come by and that leads to low TPS --> raid dps needs to chiil --> you will get more growths --> you need metric fucktons of armor and health to survive.

Druids are ideal OTs on gruul since they can rely on doing damage as a rage income instead of taking damage..they also have very good mitigation to this kind of damage..

Basically you need to have around 17+k HP and 14+k armor to even stand a slight chance against gruuls punches when hes 13+ growths...
    I dont make threats...I make promises~!

When we don't have a druid in the raid I will switch to OT (I am usually the MT) and function really well in this role. The key is to pick your attacks for maximum threat. I rely heaving on shield slam, using the Auto-Blocker to push my threat.

This raises an interesting question in my mind (partially related to the OP): Being an MT on several encounters is easier than OT. OTs have to really fight for agro and it should be considered to put your most skilful player in this role.

+ Reply to Thread