+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When to use this, when to use that...

When to use this, when to use that...

I'd like some advice on which boss requires more avoidance and which requires more HP/armor. I'm currently getting some gear here and there that I can use in certain situations:
    [item]The sun eater[/item] (Avoidance, extra dodge) // [item]king's defender[/item] (HP/armor)
    [item]Devilshark cape[/item] (Avoidance, extra dodge and threat) // [item]Gilded thorium cloak[/item] (HP/armor)
    [item]Warbringer handguards[/item] (Avoidance, extra parry) // [item]Iron gauntlets of the Maiden[/item] (Extra HP and threat)

Now, my question is simple, Karazhan and Gruul only, which bosses would I rather take extra avoidance and which extra HP/armor?

Thank you, Jibou.
    Last edited by Jibou; 10-04-2007 at 12:37 PM.

all but prince go for higher EH

prince, you can dip a little for more avoidance but not excessively, just cause you are gonna take less crushes doesn't mean he can't thrash kill you even with blocked attacks.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Pretty much what I thought. Thank you. Any other precise packs/bosses that are worth boosting avoidance?

I've never had to do any significant changes off the top of my head but the trick is to keep different sets of gears for diferent situations, if you find yourself wiping on a boss too much, try swapping out more avoidance, or what not and see how it plays out for you, becoming too ingrained in 1 philosophy is not the way of a good tank.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Healer Mana

The idea is to get enough EH to be able to do the fight the first time. As your raid improves in gear and you can do the boss consistently, you add in your avoidance pieces to reduce the strain on the healers while still keeping a good EH buffer.

I find myself adding in threat pieces more often, to stay ahead of the improved dps. Therefore I use the [item]King's Defender[/item] (hit), [item]Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden[/item] (BV) along with the [item]Farstrider Defender's Cloak[/item] (BV) and [item]Crystalline Crossbow[/item] (hit/agil).

Jadye

+ Reply to Thread