+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Devastate

New Devastate

According to the blues

Bornakk:

For further clarification, the idea is that it will provide the threat of Sunder Armor and Devastate and replace Sunder Armor. Hopefully all you number crunchers come to the same conclusion when you get a chance to test it. :-)

So... I'll be doing 301+50% of weapon dmg+dmg threat?

That'd be like 500-600 threat on a 1.5 cooldown? Or is this a confused blizz poster.

yeh i posted the same quote in another thread, we're not sure yet, i'm sure it won't be the full 301... that'd be too much, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 150-201 innate + 50%, which would make it definitely a good 41 point still, and allow you remove sunder off your bar.

but 301 isn't actually too op either, i mean, it IS afterall our 41 point talent.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ya honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world if all of a sudden we generated more threat than druids and paladins... especially since this would be single target. I'm definitely looking forwards to the change and at the very least I hope it lets me remove sunder!

It would make it a worthwhile 41 talent which is odd to have for warriors.

I suppose that this will either make improved sunder obsolete (mostly) or improved sunder will be changed to lower the rage cost on devastate also. I'm gonna lean towards the former because the latter would be way too cool.

actually they explicitly said imp sunder will stack making dev cost 9 rage

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    actually they explicitly said imp sunder will stack making dev cost 9 rage
    I was wondering if they were gonna do that or not. I think I'll keep Improved HS though. I still do heroics often enough to see how new apps do that Imp HS is more beneficial to me at this point. More beneficial in the sense that it's not linked to the GCD so I can shield slam or revenge one mob, and HS the next before the GCD is even up.

I might try giving up Improved Def stance for it though, we'll see. It's actually saved my life a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Ya honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world if all of a sudden we generated more threat than druids and paladins... especially since this would be single target. I'm definitely looking forwards to the change and at the very least I hope it lets me remove sunder!
    Wouldn't that be nice? I'm rather tired of my druid OT having to hold back on threat on fights like Gruul when I'm going all out. *sigh*

Devastate (Protection) now combines the effects of Sunder Armor into it's effect. It is also now affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor.
    Is it just me? Or does that sound like it includes innate threat...

Imp. sunder sounds quite interesting now - will wait and see

+ Reply to Thread