+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attacktable calculations of the different events

Attacktable calculations of the different events

Hi there,
    I am trying to get a little bit behind how WoW works. The specific part I am currently looking at is the atack table from the point of view: me atacking a lvl 73 Mob/Boss. As far as I know this table should look like this:

Miss
    Dodge
    Parry
    Block
    Glancing Blow
    Critical Hit
    Normal Hit

I also know that if we get to 100% before we reach the bottom of the table, the chances will be reduced or cut off completly starting from the bottom.

I would like to know how the chances for every different event get calculated. I havent really found clear informations and sometimes totaly different opinions. I will point out what I have discovered from different sources:

Mob Defence = 73*5 =365

Miss:
    to hit rating decreases my miss chance until everything is negated. After this point more is worthless.
    5% Standard Miss + 19% if dualwhielding + (Mob defence - My Weaponskill)*0,1 if Defence - Weaponskill isnt bigger than 10
    5% Standard Miss + 19% if dualwhielding + 2% "Penalty" + (Mob defence - My Weaponskill)*0,4 if Defence - Weaponskill is bigger than 10
    Yellows dont have a dualwhielding penalty

Glancing Blow:
    20% if Mob Level is 71
    30% if Mob Level is 72
    40% if Mob Level is 73 (Boss)
    Glancing Blows are 70% of normal damage. Weaponskill can increase the damagereduction. +5 lets you make 85% damage and +10 negates the reduction effect. I have a few questions about this formula:
    1. +5/+10 is this to be meant to my normal Weaponskill (350+5/350+10) or is it meant to be over the defence of the mob (365+5=+20/365+10=25)
    2. If I negate the whole effect, does glancing then fall of the table?

Critical Hit:
    Is the sum from Talents + Agility + critical hit rating. If the 100% is reached before you added the whole sum of Crit the rest gets capped.
    Doesnt Weaponskill against a Mob increase the critrating to?

Normal hit:
    If there are some % left after subtracting all the other values from 100, then this value is the % of my normal hits.

Dodge Parry Block
    These Values give me a headache. I know Parry an Block can be put of the table if I attack the mob from the behind. I remember havin read that a Mob hasnt got a side. It only has front and back. Is that true? Even if I can ignore Parry and Block I would still like to know how I have to calculate these numbers. I have a few ideas but dont know if they are correct.

A Tank receives Miss, Dodge, Parry, Block bonus from his Defencepoints. 25 Points should be 1% for each. Does a lvl 73 Mob receive this bonus to?
    Is it just 5% for all of these events each?
    Do I add the same (defence - weaponskill) formula as shown in the Miss Calculation to each of the other numbers?

I would be happy if someone can help me get a litte light in this dark place
    ps: sorry for the bad language its not my mothertongue and i am a bit rusted.

"Weaponskill can increase the damagereduction"

That post is a bit out of date me thinks..

Glancing Blow:
    20% if Mob Level is 71
    30% if Mob Level is 72
    40% if Mob Level is 73 (Boss)
    Glancing Blows are 70% of normal damage. Weaponskill can increase the damagereduction. +5 lets you make 85% damage and +10 negates the reduction effect. I have a few questions about this formula:
    1. +5/+10 is this to be meant to my normal Weaponskill (350+5/350+10) or is it meant to be over the defence of the mob (365+5=+20/365+10=25)
    2. If I negate the whole effect, does glancing then fall of the table?
    I would also like this verified....It will help me determine which is better, a 350 skill weapon or a 355 skill weapon (with 9 DPS less than the 350 skill weapon).

I suggest you go check wowwiki and read satrina's documents. You might also want to check elitistjerks about hit rating / weaponskill research.

Wasn't that whole glancing blow/weapon skill thing changed back in like, 2.0?

yeh, glancing blows were greatly reduced in 2.0 and thus flurry was nerfed to 25% instead of 30% for warriors because the majority of our damage comes from white damage (something like 50%)

Now weapon skill reduces your opponents defense skill, or in otherwords, reduces their chances to be missed/dodge/parry/block your attacks by a small ratio, EXCEPT when you hit the 5 skill mark, when you get 5 skills, and i believe at 10, there is a jump, in your %'s and then a steep drop in subsequent skill points.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I suggest you go check wowwiki and read satrina's documents. You might also want to check elitistjerks about hit rating / weaponskill research.
    NSFW

hmm i checked wowwiki and the related artikels (one of them brought me to this site) befor i posted this thread. That is where i got all my infos from. The problem is that most of the time its from the tanks point of view, but I need the melees side. Espacially when it comes to dodge block parry.

i havent been to elitist jerks would someone be so kind to post the url.

I believe Critical Hit comes before Crushing Blow on the attack table.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

@Lore
    This:
    Player->Boss
    Not:
    Boss->Player

Players cannot crush.

+ Reply to Thread