+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kinda a dead horse but slow Vs Fast simple plz

Kinda a dead horse but slow Vs Fast simple plz

It seems to my by my exp. that a slow weapon is better for threat generation in game where many times you do not have a full rage bar a great deal of the time. I know that you and many other have done the math on HS spamming with a fast weapon, however I don't see this as a reality in the game. It seems to me that on a great many fights I find that I have to manage my rage carefully, out side of fights like Mag, Gruul (past grow 8), or Tidewalker (which we usually have a bear tank) I rarely have a full rage bar. Even when I do have a full rage bar the rage generation is so spiky that I have to manage it well.

So my conjecture is why would you not use a slower weapon when it is more threat to rage efficient? I have read many of your posts, and it seems to me that in your opinion where rage is not plentiful a slow weapon is the way to go? Would I be correct in this assumption or no?

Thanks very much for the feedback,
    Madlibs

The slower the weapon is the more rage Heroic Strike costs you. Now in a scenario where you are rage starved, the last thing you want to do is kill your inc rage by using HS. HS is the only skill that makes using fast weapons better threat gen (due to the parry mechanic, fast weapons can even be a bane for some tanks if they are unlucky enough)
    I think you are correct in thinking that
    where rage is not plentiful a slow weapon is the way to go
    However, i would just not place myself in scenarios where that might be the case. Take the necessary precautions so that you dont have too much avoidance that you are rage starved.

I have never had issues with rage except at the start of fights, but a nice trinket ss crit normally carries me for a while.

Threat per second is almost always the more important factor in longer boss fights because threat per rage becomes a non-issue over the course of a fight.

Maybe you're stacking too much avoidance, thus causing much more loss of rage than necessary.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Fast > Slow if you have a lot of rage. (heroic strike constantly)

Slow > Fast if you dont have a lot of rage. (cant afford to heroic strike)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonstorm View Post
    Fast > Slow if you have a lot of rage. (heroic strike constantly)

Slow > Fast if you dont have a lot of rage. (cant afford to heroic strike)
    Exactly.

And if you are having rage issues Imp. HS and cutting back on avoidance helps a ton.

+ Reply to Thread