+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrynn vs T4

Wrynn vs T4

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum btw

Anywho, I've been struggling with quite a dilemma at the moment. See, I have both T4 legs and Wrynn legs from karazhan.

Wrynn have the 40 stamina LW patch and 3 solid stars, and the T4 pants are on their way to get a 40stam patch too.

Now, I've been thinking, my current HP sits at 14100 (roughly) unbuffed, as you can see from the armory. I would get some nice extra avoidance (even thought I already have a decent number) from T4 legs, but would have to sacrifice a significant HP ammount. Quite simply, is it worth it? How do these two items compare?
    One other thing I might add is that if I take the T4 pants I will also benefit from #2 set bonus.
    Here's my armory profile to check me stats and such:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Kazzak&n=Jibou

I would love some interesting feedbacks.

Thank you in advance,

Jibou.

Wrynn>T4 legs, even with bonuses.

T4 legs suck for a tank. I wore my Timewardens Leggings, despite having the t4 legs, in most situations until Wrynn finally dropped.

yep, t4 legs are t3h suck =(

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

If you've got Wrynn's, I'd probably save a little cash and put 30 stam/10 agi on them. I use them as an avoidance/threat piece (almost exclusively for trash-tanking). The extra str/agi is a little extra threat, and the set bonuses are decent (especially since the 4-piece is supposedly fixed as of 2.2 to work with Shield Slam).

How come something that drops off Gruul is barely as good as something that drops off Curator?

Another issue I was considering, is that if I keep wrynn's, then I'll never get to the #4 bonus since I'm keeping the Tankatronic goggles which are overall, imo, better for tanking.

PS. Tankpoints does say T4 is worth more points. Is that irrelevant?
    Last edited by Jibou; 10-02-2007 at 02:47 PM.

tank points doesn't include gems.

3 +12 stam gems put you at way more stamina off of curator than t4.

I plan to continue using my Wyrnn leggings and let all the other druids, priests and warriors roll for the token. Shows that you are not loot-hungry and carefully consider your items

I say, go for t4 leggings. I just recently won them and my old pants was wrynn graeves. I do miss 300 hp now, but i have gotten more dodge and more defense. And since defense increases allmost every tank aspect, i think the 300 hp could be overlooked. I have now 13.8k hp with wrynn 14.1k.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorc View Post
    I say, go for t4 leggings. I just recently won them and my old pants was wrynn graeves. I do miss 300 hp now, but i have gotten more dodge and more defense. And since defense increases allmost every tank aspect, i think the 300 hp could be overlooked. I have now 13.8k hp with wrynn 14.1k.
    That's exactly the hit points I have

Interesting. I'd like to hear more views if possible

Go for the Wrynn legguards (had them until I got T5 ones, and I still use them when I need more stamina).

Same thing for the gloves : get Maiden's over T4.

Wrynn/Timewarden's until T5 legs. T4 legs should have sockets in place of most of the strength and agility, to let you choose what to do. As they stand, they are subpar.

Agreed. The defense and dodge of the T4 legs make them inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    Wrynn/Timewarden's until T5 legs. T4 legs should have sockets in place of most of the strength and agility, to let you choose what to do. As they stand, they are subpar.
    Seems like Wrynn even beats T5 by ~90 EH. Unless I did the calculation wrong.

The extra threat seems pretty substantial though and probably worth the trade-off.

Since Curator won't drop his legs, I"m gonna start farming badges, 75 badge legs here I come! ;D

I prefer the T4 gloves over the Maiden gloves and still use the T4 shoulders, which means I get the bonus. I will be going after the 2.3 gloves though and hope to get the T5 shoulders soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    I prefer the T4 gloves over the Maiden gloves
    Why? Unless I'm missing something they aren't even close stats wise.

Why is a Curator drop better than tier 4? Because blizzard has different ideas about itemization than the peeps that go out and test these theories every time they log in.

I wear tier 4 gloves because Maiden is a stingy ho, no other reason.

A little avoidance is a good thing. Absolute gearing for EH, wheeling out a statue to stand in front of the boss is not the best policy, IMO, but in the case of these two items, Wrynn and Iron Maiden are superior to thier tier 4 counterparts. I go with Moroes watch over a 45 stam Netherwing trinket.

Now...if you have the means to amass a metric crapton of badges in the next month or so, this conversation becomes pointless, heh.

I have passed on tier 4 legs many times over and amasses a pile of DKP. We do not use a "gear up the tank" policy and I have to bid like everyone else. So the fact that Wrynn are much better makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, allowing me to have my pick of whatever drops and I am looking at the ring off Tidewalker as my next raid drop upgrade, a boss we haven't attempted yet.

Even if you do operate under a gear the tank policy, it makes it easier for the raid to accept when you are able to pass items you have worked hard to be prepared without.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Get both? It's nice to have an avoidance set and a EH set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gajanana View Post
    Why? Unless I'm missing something they aren't even close stats wise.
    Maybe I have been negligent in keeping the set bonus - I need to recheck the stats on those gloves.

IMO they are pretty close. If you are in desperate need of EH improvements then go Wyrnns. If you are happy with your EH for where you are tanking then grab the T4 and see if you can pick up a set bonus.

I am using T4 legs still only because they dropped for me before I got Wrynns (after 13 runs of curator) and I am too stingy to blow the cash to get them gemmed up when the T4 legs seem to be doing just fine.

Actually, it might be as simple as "whatever drops first"

+ Reply to Thread