+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking for some help..

looking for some help..

To start here is my armory link

The Armory

I Am trying to run a viableish pvp/pve spec. As you cna tell from my gear its not great. I do kara runs and the occasionaly 25 man as needed w/ my warrior, and so spend most of my time BGing or just hanging out trying to farm BS plans.

The spec is set up so that I use 2h in BG's/Arena and general pvp, and DW Drakefist Hammer and Blinkstrike (most times) for grinding/raids. Any and all suggestions would be much appreacited.
    How to play a Warrior:

Q u o t e:
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Mortal Strike, Execute

It is extremely hard to do both as far as I am concerned the best spec for this is fury prot. You can get flurry and 1 hand weapon spec so you have decent agro and the early prot tree which helps alot in pve, even if you dont get shield slam. That and concussion blow is really nice for pvp.

You can probably work a spec out to your liking but thats what I would shoot for if I wanted to pve and pvp. As far as gear goes the same rules to tanking and being fury apply if you are BG'ing or Tanking.

Keep in mind this applies to tanking / pvp. For dps as fury in raids its really all dependant on gear, your damage doesnt really scale well unless you have better gear so it all depends on what you are looking to do. In raids your dps is not nearly as good being arms anymore since the Windfury nerf but its probably comparable to being fury with bad gear.

Unless you are the MT in kara don't spec any point in prot, it will hurt your raids dps more than the added mitigation/threat is worth. And full time OTs in 25 man are full prot as well.
    Any other OT duty is where you just need to have the gear for it.

As for your spec 17/44 if you intend to to good DW dps, or don't DW at all .
    We're best at being specialized for our raid role and any Fury build that does not have Imp zerker stance is a gimped one .

Now since you say that you do mostly pvp then going 33/25/3 (33/28 with no TM) or 31/30 (better pve performance) is the best solution really.

17/44
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

31/30

33/25/3
    http://www.tankspot.com/signatures/e...aver/image.jpg

Democracy is two wolfes and a sheep voting what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Yes I dont MT or OT any of our runs on my warrior, so its all DPS. Thanks for the suggestiosn so far. I will check out those builds.
    How to play a Warrior:

Q u o t e:

As a 17/44 I actually prefer having 2pts imp berserker rage than imp execute, simply because it's 10 rage I can completely control. If I hit a bad rage streak I get instant 10 rage to smooth my dps cycle.
    http://www.tankspot.com/signatures/e...aver/image.jpg

Democracy is two wolfes and a sheep voting what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

MS is easier to gear for pre-T5, and if your melee raid dps is good I would definitely get Blood Frenzy.

I am currently running the 31/30 Daylanor posted and im liking it so far for pvp.
    How to play a Warrior:

Q u o t e:

Thanks again for all the help all. I modified the 31/30 that I was running before. I dropped thunderclap, and picked up 5/5 2h spec, 1/2 imp charge, pericing howl and imp intercept. It works better for my personal play style, and imp intercept has been a lifesaver, as well as pericing howl for runners just out of range of hamstring.
    How to play a Warrior:

Q u o t e:

+ Reply to Thread