+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragonstrike or Wicked Edge of the Planes

Dragonstrike or Wicked Edge of the Planes

Hey there.

I have recently started collecting Nether Vortex's (3/5 sofar). And I cant decide which weapon the upgrade: Black Planars Edge or Drangonmaw. I currently have both, but I cant make up my mind
    So if I can ask some of you guys who are wielding these weapons, what your thoughts are.

Thanks in advance
    Comatose

[item]Wicked Edge of the Planes[/item] is more PvE imo. I will be crafting it as soon as I get my last 3 vortexes. With the added crit to it you increase your chances of proccing Flurry, which makes up for the haste proc on the [item]Dragonstrike[/item] and it has AP as well.
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

I prefer Haste.My brother had it,it shines
    Dwarf Warrior-Inactive.
    Undead Warrior-Retired before BWL raiding started.

With the Nerf on haste rating and the effect on ppm it has Dragonstrike has been more or less brought into line with WEotP.

So for your choice if you are a human -> Mace
    Orc -> Axe
    Any other race, a matter of preference. Axe will let you fill in stat gaps you have in your gear, while the mace will give you greater scalability as your gear progresses.
    http://www.tankspot.com/signatures/e...aver/image.jpg

Democracy is two wolfes and a sheep voting what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Thx for the input guys I've decided that I would upgrade the axe for now. Our guild only raids 3 - 4 nights a week, and our progress is a bit slow atm. So instead of upgrading a 2h later on I'll upgrade Dragonmaw later on
    I'm a fat ass Tauren btw

My armory link: The Armory

Saw you had Core of Arkelos trinket....please exchange it fast :

If you don't have Abbacus of Violent Odds or the Badge Trinket, at least go get the Ogri'la trinket. The +7dmg is worth it when you have such a fast OH (I calculated that a long time ago) and the 1 min CD means you will NEVER save it . Since the CD will almost always be ready for every fight.
    But this trinket gets exhanged as soon as you get a purple dps trinket . But it's still better than the Core .

Democracy is two wolfes and a sheep voting what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but I thought you had to be a master hammersmith to wield dragonmaw, and a master axesmith to wield wicked edge. And since you cant be both at the same time -- even though you can change specialization but is it worth it?
    Suffer well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyeney Venoli View Post
    Maybe I am misunderstanding but I thought you had to be a master hammersmith to wield dragonmaw, and a master axesmith to wield wicked edge. And since you cant be both at the same time -- even though you can change specialization but is it worth it?
    The only thing you loose when you change is the plans for that specialization and the gold it costs to change.

Of course you can only use the weapon you are specialized with, but having the other ready for a change of pace is a good thing. Just takes time to do it .

Quote Originally Posted by Daylanor View Post
    Saw you had Core of Arkelos trinket....please exchange it fast :

If you don't have Abbacus of Violent Odds or the Badge Trinket, at least go get the Ogri'la trinket. The +7dmg is worth it when you have such a fast OH (I calculated that a long time ago) and the 1 min CD means you will NEVER save it . Since the CD will almost always be ready for every fight.
    But this trinket gets exhanged as soon as you get a purple dps trinket . But it's still better than the Core .
    Yeah gonna replace Core very soon. Just had really bad need rolls on Primal Nether's, so I used over 100 badges buying them. And Abbacus, I've done normal / herioc Mech so many times, and I've yet to see it drop I'm now only one Vortex away from the upgrade. Still having 2nd thoughts about it tho. The axe got some great stats, but those stats will be made up as we progress along, but I'm still very far off getting items that when equipped, gives haste. So I'm leaning towards the mace now again

+ Reply to Thread