+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

- soloing durn and maggoc

- two manning the last 3% of kar'zogal with my tree buddy after all our raid ate dust, woot for tauren nakedness dps

- saving our 1st mag kill by picking it up after our MT hit the floor at 27%

- MT vashj and kael for our 1st kills

- 3 manning mandokir

- holding off 10 defenders for our 1st clumpsy akama kill with 23 man

Leaving my old hardcore guild (2nd eu kill on Kel'Thazad when I left, they went on to get world 2nd on Illidan) taking a break and making a fresh start as horde on an unknown server with a RL friend.

Created a warrior, tanked a few times in SM and enjoyed it, kept at it and was the MT, Raid Leader and joint GM of a guild who killed Illidan 3 weeks ago.

finally breaking 1850, and grabbing one of these bad boys: [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Greatsword[/item]

and in the next few weeks, [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Shield Wall[/item]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Just had another one tonight actually

After about a solid month of working on vashj the little guild im apart of finally killed her I have not felt the satisfaction of a kill like this in a while.. since pre BC.. Some of yeah i know are well ahead of me in terms of progression but we raid 3 nights a week for 3 hours, we are a very casual guild but with awsome players. Im really hoping we can pull another one out of our hats and kill Kael'thas before they lift the attunments

Sucessfully being the Raid Leader of a 25 man. Ive led 10 mans, but 25 is just a different story in terms of fights and assignments and such.

Breaking 1k dps in a 25man...As protection.

Wow Web Stats

My dps gear that day was 1870ap, 35% crit in zerker, 155 hit, 140 armor pen, wielding Talon of Azshara (executioner) and Fools Bane (potency). These are ubuffed stats.

I think buffed i got up to 3kish ap, 44% crit, with WF.

Being told youll never out DPS a lock/rogue and outdpsin them every week

2 memorable Prince fights

On one of our early kills - before we could easily out DPS the infernals on phase 3, I ended up being the last one alive with Moroes Pocket Watch being my best friend. I'm an engineer as well - and got one of our priests up so no one had to walk back even.

Now we've started badge running Kara since hearing of the new vendor items and my WoW crashed right as he entered phase 3. He stayed glued to me and I logged back on right as he died. I guess that's more bragging about my healers and smart DPS though.

Nalorakk solo tanked from 50%

Thought of another one after posting:

Had an arms warrior OT who died before 50% ... tanked Nalorakk in both phases. So good to be a dwarf sometimes.

For myself, our guild downed Illidan last night after only 3 nights of attempts on him ever. Earlier in the week we had 1 shot Mother on our first pull on her ever and got Illidari council down the same night. The last 3 bosses in BT down in one week.

After what my guild has been through, including 2 guild bank ninjas (one from our previous guild leader and the other from a hacker) which completely wiped out our supply of hearts of darkness, a rebuilding process after the previous guild leader's clique left, and also where I came from, a guild that couldn't focus enough for magtheridon and only got half through aq40 pre BC, there was no feeling like it. Even just having the opportunity to main tank Illidan in a guild full of great people who love to play the game is what I had always hoped for.

pulled 1200 dps on archimonde as prot, then got t6 belt off our first brutallus kill. before this belt i had belt of the guardian and iron-tusk girdle. wore that crap all the way through BT and early sunwell. I think my tanking has now suffered because of it.

1. Going from last in line tank wise Pre Tbc, to main tanking for my current guild.
    2. 1st prince kill, i was the last person alive with 4k hp.(was epic i tell ya)
    3. Tanking heroic shattered halls and being asked "Are you a paladin!".(that one made me laugh IRL)
    4. Getting The World of Warcraft Armory and The World of Warcraft Armory my 1st week in Hyjal.

This one isn't me, but just something cool i got to experience.

5. When felguards 1st came out (pre nerf) my guild Pre BC had one MT "Hakkar" in ZG. Mt never got MC'd, never lost aggro, lived till 3%, was awesome!

-Reached 1200 DPS on Patchwerk-Naxx pre tbc (i was fury back then).

-Reached 1700 TPS on Goerfiend-BT (I'm MT now). (including Heals)
    Y'rly!

Had our first one night kara clear last night, got several whispers after about how I did a great job running the raid, felt warm and fuzzy.

-tanking Drek'Thar for the 1st time and actually winning AV
    -Out DPS'ing a rogue while tanking in BF (Don't ask me how that happened)

One-shot all bosses to Curator and did Nightbane with no deaths...except for the Opera event where the OT feral druid died during the first 10 seconds of Romulo and Julianne phase 3.

Tanked both Romulo and Julianne during the Opera event because of said death. It was scary and amusing considering we only got 2 healers for the whole raid.
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

-Successfully tanking Prince back when I was running Kara as my main raid in my old guild.

Current guild:

-Being one of, if not the, highest TPS tank in the guild
    -As such, being one of the two main tanks on VR most of the time (on that note, intervening a punt is bad...)
    -Being the de facto Leo tank

Guild firsts with me main tanking:

-Lurker (got my Mallet on that kill, too, so I was the first tank in the guild with the Mallet)
    -Vashj, after around a month and a half of trying to get her (a break with the release of 2.4 to rejuvenate people aside).

Joined a raiding guild and stepped foot into ssc with real attempts for the first time ever yesterday. We 1 shot High King, Gruul and Mag. 4 shot Hydross abd 5 shot lurker. Then today we stepped back in 2 shot Leo, Morogrim and Fathom Lord. I had never tanked any of these fights and had to main tank every last one of them. It was a rush! Most of our raid had never seen the fights before. We will be in Hyjal soon!

I put screenshots of each kill in the miscelleaneous section!!

Woooot!
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

instant hardon pretty much
    Last edited by Annatar; 04-24-2008 at 12:41 AM.

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

+ Reply to Thread