+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

getting the moroes belt a few nights ago to complete full tier 1-6!
    YouTube - World of Warcraft - Warrior Tier Sets 1-6

Heroic Arcatraz

Not only was the thought of doing Arc on heroic a heavy task...

We had to save Millhouse Manastorm for the Trials of the Naaru Quest Line.

I wasn't even sure at the beginning if the group make-up and gear
    were going to be enough but - wth - can't learn by sitting in Trade Chat.

..and Yes, the 1st Boss was skipped, and we wiggled our way through
    the rest of the instance, with no major issues.

Again I am playing at the stupidist times..

45mins Before Server Instance Hard Resets...

So Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates & Dalliah the Doomsayer go down with 35? mins left before reset.

I initiate the fight for Harbinger Skyriss and the Server Rings out..
    "8 minutes until Server Reset! You will be Hearthed!" etc etc

/rw BURN & Stay Alive!!

Harbinger Skyriss is at 13% and we get ..
    "1 minute until Server Reset! You will be Hearthed!" etc etc

BOOM - He hits 0%

Party: LOOT FAST!

Click LOOT - Pass/Greed/Need etc

I clicked on 2 of 5 items as my "Zoning Screen" came Up..

But we completed the Trial of Naaru to save Millhouse Manastorm.

Pulled off a Win with a soft group and with absolutely No time to spare.

Eluithyin

We got our First Aul'Jin Kill tonight after many many tires. Last one went like clockwork.

Note, Im standing in Cinder's spot. lol thanks for the movie it helped with phase 5

-nez

Finally got to MT Prince, Nightbane, and Illhoof. All 1-shots and possibly the guild's smoothest Illhoof kill. The rush from Prince was awesome, made the other 2 kinda seem like let-downs.

Finally getting enough nethers to craft Blazeguard (experimenting with Executioner on it, finding a 'chanter was a small success in and of itself).

Getting the badge reward pants then bracers in about a month.

My first 25 man raid. SSC. Mallet of the Tides drops. Other three tanks all pass (two druids and one swordsmith warrior).

Crazy thing is, I'm upgrading from Grom'tor's charge to Mallet.

Crazier still, it was my first 25 man run, EVER.

I'd only been up thru Shade in Kara. Never made it to Chess so no KD. Suneater hadn't dropped in 8 runs (yeah, I know that's not very many) My previous guild had some setbacks when 2 of the 3 healers left, then several DPS left as well. The DPSers urged me to apply to their new raiding guild, and I'm in as a 4th or 5th tank, and somewhat undergeared for 25 mans at 13.3k 12.8k.

Tagging along in SSC for early pulls and holding my own no problem. Add duty on Lurker Phase 2. One shot Lurker, Mallet drops and I get it. Still shaking my head....and dancing crazily. (also got a shuriken dps throwing epic on trash drop for DPS set - again cause no one else could use it.)

Raid Member: "Man, that mallet is UGLY."
    MT: "Yeah, but it doesn't tank ugly."

About a month after starting my new warrior as part of a reroll on Trollbane, I hit my pre-Kara goals:

490 Defense
    12,000 Hit Points
    12,000 Armor

I should be finishing up the [item]Grom'tor's Charge[/item] quest chain this week as well as farming the materials for my enchants.

Then come the 15th, I'll have a whole new list of goals when we start Karazhan!

MT and Kill on Prince over the weekend.

The healers of course were stellar, but still felt pretty good to kill him on this characters second trip to visit.

most say retching 20k health raid buffed as paladin tank and being uncritebull and uncruchebull is nice, but nicest whas probebly when i tanked ferst ALL bird adds on dragonhawks right side, then geting Hatcher going to ather side and getinging all thos adds instently after the right side got AoEd dowen think i had 72+ debuffs when it whas over, and exept Consecration spaming Clenc on myself tugether whith my paladin healer, but i tanked them all not a singel member of 10 died

being OT in ZG when I was playing my rogue ^_^

I tanked my first Heroic (Slave Pens) last night ^^

Also, for old success... full ZG and MC (Maintanking), good old days =)

Regards.

Well, first off thank you for all the information and resources here. They have helped me tremendously. I followed Polar's Pre Kara tanking guide and and fortunately I am part of a guild that is currently running SSC and TK. Though with my Rogue main. So getting gear from Kara isn't too hard. Trying to weasle my tank into a position as I really enjoy tanking.

This past weekend I was running Kara and got to Nightbane. I was Hoping for [item]Panzar'Thar Breastplate[/item] or [item]Shield of Impenetrable Darkness[/item] to drop. As luck would have it they both dropped. I was beside myself.

Later that day our guild did Gruuls. I was fortunate enough to get my T4 shoulders and as luck would have it [item]Aldori Legacy Defender[/item] dropped and I was able to get it also!

All this and I just spent all my honor on the [item]Gladiator's Shield Wall[/item]. So needless to say I am not short on sheilds.

It was a very rewarding weekend.

Thanks again,
    Beef

Cleared six bosses in Kara to Shade within 4 hours. One-shot everything except for him, skipped Illhoof that night.

Got Illhoof and Prince (1st guild kill) the next night, and got Netherspite to 28%.

woot!
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

This reset week has been truly awesome - First dragonhawk kill, first Al'ar kill, second Lurker kill (one shotted), second Solarian kill, one shotted VR, third Maggy kill, first heroic BM run - all after the most frustrating reset week last week when we couldnt repeat any of our progression kills.

Plus the Lurker was nice enough to give me my mace
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Last night my guild did neatherspite for the first time and we killed him third attempt. Good work SoM!

(Special thanks to Grenn of LO and Alestia from bringing your arms war ^^)

My guild has had a great few weeks. Moved Gruul to mid week and cleared the place with about 8 new raiders. Then went on and got our first doomwalker kill. 2 weeks ago declared VR on farm and downed Solarian for the first time. Got timed event in ZA for bear boss (just missed eagle). And got Lurker down for the first time Ive been promoted to just below GM and handed the frost set. Looking to down Hydross very soon.

Guild first events with me as MT:
    Full Kara clear
    Full Gruul kill
    Full ZA clear
    Hydross kill. Me being nature tank.

I want to thank everyone who helped out with any advice they gave, my guild finally after two weeks killed Vashj, so i wanted to thank u all for the support!!
    What does it mean to be strong....

True strength is achieved when you find someone to Protect

Got the bear mount ... well not me, the GM, but with me tanking. Our third or fourth push attempt at it (so hard to get people online and keen outside of raid time) with ~20s to spare (less than 1min anyway).
    There are no men like me, there is only me.

I tanked BM at level 68...as Fury...sooo many parries/dodges.

I had a full group of 70's besides me, the healer was pretty fresh but 2 of the DPS were t4t5. It actually worked well because the ret pally could pull aggro when I asked for it on 2nd boss so I could lose the debuffs, and then he would bubble and I would get aggro back. I died twice, once on 2nd boss at 20% (but still a kill) and once on last boss at 10% (that was after Shield Wall died off...I got parried and got instagibbed during a Time Stop).

It's really frustrating being that much lower level than the mobs I was tanking (bosses were level 72). My threat was capped around 300tps due to this (and gear)(and spec).

MT and guild first kill on Morogrim yesterday. Was my first time as a 25man raid leader too

I'm in a really good mood now

+ Reply to Thread