+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

First 25 man on Sunday I almost consider a Success, We got Gruul to 20%, no deaths and grow 8 or 9 with no deaths, Only for the server to crap out on us

So tuesday we went back and one shot him, which was nice.

Also, MMy first trip to SSC, Despite no-one knowing the tactics(no spoiler guild, we work on our own tactics) we got a fairly solid strat down and managed to survive our first submerge with more the half the raid intact when he resurfaced. Going to be a while before that kill comes, but will be oh so sweet.

Recieving my Thunderfury was an amazing feeling, I farmed 60 arcane crystals in burning steppes and bought 25 more and the last 15 were donated. We killed Thunderaan easily and one of my guildies made a fraps of it, it is awesome haha

Getting told I am a great tank

Killing Nefarian
    Killing Vashj

Getting my Gruul Shield after 27 weeks!

First trip to Gruul's tonight.
    Downed Maulgar on the second try. Onto Gruul soon
    "We're going to need a bigger dragon."

Downed Talon King Ikiss in Heroic Sethekk when everyone else was dead except for me and the Holy Priest...

...from 40%. O_o;
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

Downed Archimonde for the first time last night! Got the T6 tanking helm took my helm enchant mats to ZG and found out I had to be friendly! ACK, have been solo prot farming croc packs for 3 hours now.....1.5k rep please come faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Kahael View Post
    Getting told I am a great tank
    For quite a long time my guild officer note read "good tank". Just before BC, I was promoted to a rank where I could see these notes and officer chat (kind of a "not-quite-officer" rank), and I was very pleased to read this. However, we've changed our permissions since then, and use the officer notes to denote Karazhan teams now.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

My guild, Thats How We Roll, has Kara, Gruul's, Lurker, and most recently, VR on farm. Unfortunately, I would like for us to do Mag, but we've been focusing on SSC. When our resists tanks show up, we work on Hydross. Our best attempt was 19% 3 minutes before enrage before somebody forgot that we were transitioning to water phase, got us back to nature phase, and we wiped. If we don't have the tanks for Hydross, we work on Tidewalker. Our best attempt was around 50% but sometimes, our MT bites it early.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvan View Post
    Downed Archimonde for the first time last night! Got the T6 tanking helm took my helm enchant mats to ZG and found out I had to be friendly! ACK, have been solo prot farming croc packs for 3 hours now.....1.5k rep please come faster...
    LOL, i had the same thing happen but with my t4 helm. i spent 2 days getting rep for it. lol

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

After 6 attempts prior attempts at Kara with my guild, and wiping at Attumen or earlier, I was nearly begged last night to tank. I said, "ok, but I only have time for 1 attempt at Attumen". Well, it took 3 but we finally downed Attumen!!! It was me and 2 others from my guild, and the MT was from our sister-guild.

Best parts:
    The MT ohhh and ahhhed at my gear, Stam, and Defense. A healer commented on how easy I was to heal.

I never lost threat on Midnight. And I accidentally picked up Attumen just because he spawned closer to me, or reset aggro on MT, or something like that I'm not sure. But I held his aggro the entire fight. Very nice feeling.

Raid leader said she added me to her friends list. That's the highest compliment I could have recieved. I had just met her.

Raid leader was tolerant and thus, the raid was fun. Even when we wiped. Morale was great.

I acccidentally taunted aggro from MT a couple of times, because it would take me a second to realize he was a Warrior...and not some clothie. Instinctually, I taunt targets that are on anyone but me. It takes some learning to work with another tank. I apologized, but he never fussed, and he always said "no worries".

3 times we had an "oh shit" moment where everything went haywire. Every time I was able to pick up the runner, and never did we wipe. All 3 times me and the MT heard, "nice pick ups and aggro control". Very proud moments. One month ago I was breaking sheep and couldn't hold shit. Now my confidence is huge.

I finally got to go see what that yellow dot on my minimap was after Attumen .

Worst parts:

Nothing good dropped. Oh well, no biggie. It was still the most fun time I've ever had on WoW. I can't wait to go back in.

More of a guild success....

1 Shot Mag w/ a raid group that never saw mag before(including me).

Quote Originally Posted by Tristessa View Post
    Downed Talon King Ikiss in Heroic Sethekk when everyone else was dead except for me and the Holy Priest...

...from 40%. O_o;
    Hah, awesome, I wound up doing the exact same thing two months ago.

Hrm, biggest personal success I can think of would have been my first week with my new guild. I was tossed into their 2nd Kara group and expected to OT the whole time to get a feel for the group and guild. By the end of the week I was raid lead and MT of that group and helped them down Prince. First one shot of Prince in guild history as well as first lead to take group 2 up to that point.

guild successes this week:

1-shot every boss up to curator. did 2 attempts on him thursday night, failed. I took over as MT last night, and we 2 shotted him. Felt good. Did chess event, and KD dropped, the usual MT passed it to me as he had sun king and I was still using grom'tard.

Took down bloody Archimond yesterday. My heartrate was about 120bpm, just hoping that someone wouldn't die and we got a perfect try. Not a single raidmember died on the kill

And I won the dps!

sick as hell Faze, care to elaborate in your dps cycle? lol been wondering myself how do fury warriors top dps since a few of my friends seem to get beat out by rogues.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

This happened probably half a year ago (Just resubbed to the came a couple of weeks ago). I was the guild's MT at the time and we were going in for another Prince kill. Everything was going smoothly, finished phase 2 without problems and healers still having a decent amount of mana left. At around 20%, an infernal was going to land on me so the call was made to move the Prince. As I was moving the Prince, I get knocked up in the air and backwards, somehow landing on one of the rocky ledges. I hop back down and resume tanking only to hear the cries of dismays from the raid. Prince's hp is back up to 80%!! Instead of giving up though, the raid remained focused instead of panicking and we managed to take down the Prince with his extra 60% hp that night. One of the true accomplishments that I've experienced with my guild as a tank.
    Last edited by Draygo; 10-31-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Adding Sig.

I normally dont PUG Heroics cuase of a few bad experiences in the past, but decided to go the other day due to the preist practicaly beg me to come. I tell him sure and accept the invite to find a very odd group set up. Me (tank), preist, mage, ret pally, and DPS war We managed the first few pulls up to the first boos good w/o only 1 wipe due to adds from fear. I teach them the ninja down to the clacker and we take him easy. Now comes the fun part. 4-5 mob pulls and only 1 relaiable CC w/ sheep. I have the mage sheep pull so I can TC w/o risk of breaking it and spend my time tanking the rest and tab targeting like a madman to keep them all on me and running after any that do drop.

It was my first time working multi tanking in heroic's and aside form the one wipe and a few deaths by the heal happy preist we managed to pull off a pretty sucessful run which I'm quite happy about.
    How to play a Warrior:

Q u o t e:
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Mortal Strike, Execute

Happy Days

I have a large but casual guild made up of first time players and some ex-hardcore raiders on their new mains. We have been running Kara for the past few weeks with good success up to Netherspite. Due to a shortage of healers I usually end up healing. So this weekend we had an unusually high number of players online so I got to main tank a second group. I had only stepped into kara on my warrior previously for one night. The group I had was phenominal. We proceed to one shot everything through curator. Including the most picture perfect Curator run I had ever been on. We come back the next night and two shot Aran and two shot Netherspite. Followed by a few unsuccessful attempts on Prince. Since our guild hadn't managed to down Prince yet (and the first group hadn't downed Netherspite) we decided to come back and try him again the next night. After two tries where I keep getting insta-gibbed in the second phase I tanked our guild first kill of Prince on my first full run as a MT. Was one of my happiest moments in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    sick as hell Faze, care to elaborate in your dps cycle? lol been wondering myself how do fury warriors top dps since a few of my friends seem to get beat out by rogues.
    What you "win" the dps on is being ready to Intercept on the air burst + first fear Death Wish. I also have a shaman in the group, so second Death Wish on the heroism. Just be ready on every fear and every air burst

Everthin else is just like usual, you know... the Bloodthirst > WW > Rampage > HS - kind of theori

I tanked Morogrim last night; it was our first successful attempt with a prot warrior tanking, and while we had two wipes before we got him, neither of them were bad tanking.

It's an incredible fight. I don't think I've ever had a fight in which a slip on my part was as readily evident. I didn't have to watch anything but my health bar to know if I'd let Thunderclap drop. We put melee on Morogrim for the entire fight, which means I was also competing with our two DPS warriors and our enhancement shaman for threat.

Definitely a highlight for me.

i was pretty happy to watch gruul go down for the first time last night =)

+ Reply to Thread