+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

Just did 10 man Naxx. Really nice guild run with me as OT apart from a few silly mistakes from me sometimes. (charged into slime when charging patchwerk)
    Love 4 horseman.
    Up to the 2nd boss in construct wing..last wing left.
    Then the dragon.

4900 dps on a boss in UK, single target no gimmicks etc.

every piece of non naxx gear avail to me, hit capped/exp capped/ over 30 crit etc. and i cant find a guild
    The girl who's hard to get.

Put together a semi-PuG raid group (Half people I knew, couple referred by them, couple from Trade channel) with the intent of downing Sartharion and maybe Anub'Rekahn, and ended up punking the dragon and taking down all of the spider wing and the first two bosses in plague.

Couldn't have done it without Cider's vids, very deeply appreciated sir!

8.87k dps on thaddius

ding 80, did sarthiron, got x4 emblems, the ring dropped as well, but I lost the roll qq. still a good day.

I solo'd 4 lvl 80 elites at once last night in Icecrown. I love prot spec.

Succesfully main tanked naxx10 spider and plague wing (or succesfully kited anub'arak and heigan :P) as our usual main tank couldn't make it.

so far, done about half the heroics, all MT. havent done any 10/25 mans yet, still tryin to get a guild together so we can get into some of the raids.

champ of the frozen waste

Finally was able to see old content I never saw before: Kara (got my roommate's 70 lock geared QUITE well!) and Onyxia!

Finished 25 man naxx thursday (as main tank).

Special thanks to Cider and his videos, helped my guild out a lot.

*polishes his new Last Laugh*

I'm in a new guild, where I don't know a lot of people.

Last night, one of my guild members says over gchat "hey, does anyone want to come kill a rare elite?"

Well, I had been looking for some of the rare elites for a while, so I said "Yes, me!"

After a couple of minutes waiting, the guildie says "it's a level 80 rare elite in Icecrown"........I happened to be in Dragonblight at the moment, but I have my epic flyer, so I headed that way.

I repeated in gchat "I would like to help kill him, can I get invited?".........ignored again.......

I finally asked in gchat if the rare elite was still there and the guildie finally responded with "nevermind, some allies just killed him, he's gone"......

I was a little suspicious, just because I'd been ignored before, and I used my cartographer to see where my guildies were and found the particular guildie who said they saw it.....

5 minutes later, I linked the 2 blue items I got from soloing Putridus the Ancient (and 2 additional mobs, one being a level 80 elite also) and told them that next time I'd let them tag along and roll on drops from mobs they couldn't handle.

This december marks my 1 year in the world of warcraft.
    Warrior was my first pick, only one i have over lvl 70.
    Leveled from 44-70 as prot, and 70-80 as prot but it didnt matter then.
    OT'ed kara with a good friend, till i got better gear and he server transfered.
    Progression tanked SSC and TK with one guild, invited to BT guild.
    OT'ed MH, BT, SWP for the longest time.
    Wrath Release.
    MT'ed first guild clear of 10 and 25 man Naxx, MT 10 and 25 Sarth, and MT on all Maly kills. My 10 man group clears Naxx in one night other groups take 3 days due to problems and we dont over load our team. skilled players and a nutz tank can clear massive ammounts of content so long as you have healers that are up to par.
    Currently one of the highest geared tanks on my server, all but 2 achivements away from my red proto, and i feel good for a toon not even being 1 year old.

Cleared Nexus h
    Cleared AN h
    Cleared COT Strat h with the 25 minute run, got a bronze drake for my wife
    Cleared UK h

All in under 3 hours

My guilds first Nefarian kill, we were far from server first but hell my server HAD void, dominion, curse, nurfed (old school archimonde FTW).

basically my guild was upper middle class of the raid guilds, i remember the fight vividly (we had black/red) good times lol. basically after a month of wipes, we decided that that night we would kill him. EVERY one had flasks (for those of you who don't know flasks back then would cost like 500-600g in todays terms) it only took 2 attempts, the last 7% it was dead silent on vent not one word was said. when that dragon fell over we just exploded it was an amazing feeling that could never be compared to by 25 man standards IMO.

I was raiding on my rogue at the time (my second level 60 rogue LOL) and we had tripple rogue chests and the rogue leather boots drop, then something else haha. basically half the guild hated us rogues for like the next month, that night we got 2 8/8 rogues and another 6/8 and i got those sexy sexy boots.

Did 4H 10 man with two prot paladins, but still WTB single target taunt sooner!

I never really spent too much time with one character, decided I should try to curb that habit with WotLK. As such, I now have my first purple!

Did a full 10 man naxx clear in 3 weeks of work. One shotted Obsidian Sanctum and 10 man vault and cleared 25 man vault all as the MT.

For the first time since I started playing WoW, I've been tanking heroics (never did get my druid quite geared enough before WotLK hit and I rolled Dk).

And it's been awesome =D Tons of fun, and it's very satisfying having everyone stroke my ego on what an amazing tank I am. Heroics so far have been a bit easier than I expected though, except for Old Kingdom, that one was pretty rough.

Soloed everything in ZG except raptor and hakkar.
    Soloed Kurinnaxx, Moam, Ossirian in AQ20.
    Got my red AQ40-Mount from the 3rd Pat in AQ40, easy soloable, cause warrior has no mana to drain .
    Soloed every old lvl70 dungeon on normal mode, TDM was quite funny .

And all this without that crappy I-can't-do-it-without-selfheal-Bloodthirst-wannabe-"tank"specc

+ Reply to Thread