+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

Just dropped Kalecgos and Brutallus tonight, both were semi-close kills that I ended up solo tanking to finish because the other tanks all died.

Oh and DEL dropped off kalecgos and I got it. So yay!

-Tanked Hydross, Lurker and Leo(in one form) for the first time which was fun. this weekend
    -Carried a Kara pug on my back and cleared it out rather quickly. this weekend
    -beat a warlock and a warrior at the same time in PvP (ab) back when i was playing a shaman (enhancement.)
    -helped my brother become the 1st on the server to get Rhokdelar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhaus View Post
    1. I got into a AQ40 PUG a couple weeks ago, and we were all confident (maybe a little too much) because we had 40 level 70's, but we ended up pulling more than we could handle, and half our raid was dead. From the looks of things I was the only tank left, so I popped AOE taunt, Shield Wall and Last Stand, I was tanking at least 12 mobs, maybe more. It felt really good that I saved the group from wiping.

2. I was in a horrible PUG group in Kara once, and we were at Nightbane. We were down to one healer, 3 DPS, and myself by the time he hit 25%. The healer was OOM by the time we hit 3% or so, I popped Shield Wall and let that coast us thru the end. It was one of those times i felt Shield Wall *really* saved me.
    kara pugs ussually skip NB

I tanked Nefarian! Not amazing at 70 but I was the only one who had the cloak so I felt special.
    It's not who you know, it's who you blow.

From Classic content: I remember learning Smelt Elementium...
    TBC-time: tanking grull before first nerf (successfully ofc) was something really big...
    after 3.0.2: we've cleared ZA up to ZulJin in about 30min, then things goeas wrong - only me with holy priest and retri pala stays alive at the and of the Lynx phase...and we managed to kill him
    +++ how to roleplay tank on pvp server? +++

Maintanking Illidan after 14hours played at level 70! And killing multiple hunters pet due bad bad kiting kiting. :/ too be worked on though, planning to kite around those wolfriders outside the hordetown in Nagrand for some hours tonight, to get a feeling of moving mobs n bosses better!

After tanking pretty much nonstop since last friday I must say that rerolling to a protection warrior from a mage, is probably gonna be the best in-game decision I ever took!

First time main tanking Kara in solid blues and green belt. Downed every boss (couldn't summon Nightbane yet) and some of the guys in raid weren't even 70 yet :P.

I never knew this thread existed, but eh.

I guess my greatest accomplishment in my head is taking a pre TBC guild who was 100% casual to being a casual raiding guild (9hours a week) through 3/6 Sunwell and being able to lead my friends whom have been in the same guild for 3 years now through the content.

Oh and learning to tank thanks to Cider and the people of this site and other resources and Main Tanking every encounter up to 4/6 Sunwell after being a hunter pre TBC.

Pre TBC. My friend (priest holy) and I were lvl 59, and my guild was about to do MC. They invited us, attuned us, and there we were, a Prot warrior and a Holy Priest on 50ish greens. They told me not to go taunting mobs, but in trash one of ours tanks died and a Core Hound started pounding the healers, all of them died except my friend. I taunt the mob, burn all my cds and my friend herocailly healed me while the dpsers took the dog down. My ego was off the charts that night.

1). Downed Kil'jaeden! Post nerf, but still very exciting news for me.

2). Kara clear in under 40 minutes. ^,^;;

Kil'jaeden down on our last scheduled raid night before Wrath.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Well, i solod up to 70, did lots of grinding to get my epic mount and farted around a lot but never got much done. Joined a new guild and over the past 3-4 weeks i've:

Cleared kara 4 times, main tanked it once.
    90% Clear on ZA, just haven't committed to it and its been pugs and not guild runs.
    Spanked Gruuls and Mags twice.
    3 Bosses into Hyjal
    Kael'Thas is our last boss in TK to do (on our plate for tonight)
    countless heroics

biggest feat is gearing up so quick that i can be of use in hyjal and hold my own weight. Yes, there have been nerfs but Hyjal is still a huge learning and gear curve.

Things im proud of:
    Leveling 1-60 60-70 and planning 70-80 as prot
    Being main tank for all the guilds i have been in (total of three).
    Never used Main tank priority on loot and still managed =).
    3manning every heroic after patch
    2manning almost every instance after patch (and not the lol ones like ramp, but SH/SL that kind)
    Speedrun kara just above the hour.

And ofc the biggest thing m proud of:
    MY CHAR!! =)
    Never Fear When Baronen Is Near

I main tanked and ran a pug 25man Mags last night which dropped him on the 2nd try. ontop of that my buddys alt priest was able to pick up a cater trinket and t4 chest and i was stoaked for him.

Tanked/DPS'd all content up to Illidan
    Close to reaching my 75,000 HK
    Was the lucky receiver of 2 best in slot patterns from Sunwell trash (one AH, one drop)
    moved from a dead RP server to a lively PVE progression server
    saved my raid on our first Illidan Kill by tanking him from 30% in FR gear after MT went down
    topped Damage meter for our first Vashj kill
    looted the Bulwark of Azzinoth

I still say you are a hax for getting that chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattman2an View Post
    I still say you are a hax for getting that chest.

haha.../love RNG

Winning the HH mount on a roll of (28)
    Getting the Arc ripper, and kings defender in the same run

101 mobs in one pull solo. the things ill do when im bored on a friends account

Gearing my alt from heroics to za, to tk and ssc to pug hyjals and bt to tanking illidan pre 3.0 when our mt couldn't go to mting muru and downing kil'jaeden.

+ Reply to Thread