+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

PreBC :
    Joining a raid guild blue equiped, keeping aggro vs. t1 mages / locks and working myself up to mt after 2 months.

BC : starting with my guild on pos 10 on server making our way up to nr.1 (swp 4/6)

Everyday success : holding aggro vs. those sick t6+ locks...

the first time i went into karazhan was with my small group of RL friends and random people we met in game. we were <Attrition>, and only 1 of us had any endgame experience. the rest of us were noobs lawl (myself def included).

we wiped multiple times on attumen and quickly became frustrated with the quick respawn rate of his adds. so we left. we came back at the end of the week, only to find one of our members had given his raid ID to one of the top guilds on the server! but they had skipped netherspite, and i was told he's probably the hardest boss in there. so we went in and gave him a shot, and a couple hours later, we downed him! it was such an exciting and rewarding experience, i couldn't wait to get back in there the next week.

those were my favorite times raiding, before i really knew how to heal, before i knew how game mechanics worked, before i knew pretty much anything, back when we were just a bunch of friends spending a couple nights a week killing shit and laughing the whole time in vent. karazhan is still my favorite instance, and i can't wait to learn it from the MT role
    Tranquil tree, kamikaze warrior. I will Shield Slam you to the moon.

Ha,
    We defeated Hex'Lord today. It was a PuG. It was a first time kill for me on my tank and guess what? The Tuskguard dropped. I'm so happy now.

We started on the eagle boss, ofcourse timed but I alread told em we would get 1 maybe max 2 chests. We didn't get any because we wiped. First time our prot pala tanked him and the tank died. 2nd time some didn't move well, wiped a few people and we didn't have enough dps left. 3rd wipe was because of respawns and on the 4th try we downed him. Akil'zon's talonblade droped which I wanted but I didn't roll against the rogue who also wanted it. After the we proceeded to Nalorakk which we 1 shotted and then to Jan'Alai.And then it happened, mysteriously 3 people disconnected. Without saying a word. But we were lucky, we replaced 2 dps-ers who barely did 550 dps by 2 people who we both over 900 dps, a hunter and a boomkin. And also got a new healer which was much stronger then the ones dc-ing. We oneshotted the next two bosses and then we tried Hex'Lord.

I tried to explain tactics but it's hard to explain each and every ability he does. We wiped the first time because of a little unluck and people not knowing what would happen. I told every ranged to hug the CoH priest for his aoe heals so 2nd time we did a lot better but still wiped because I got freeze trapped when he was in huntermode.

And 3rd time everything went perfect. Me and the rogue managed to interrupt most of his heals and we got him down.
    At that time it was past 3am and people had to go so we're trying Zul'Jin tomorrow.

MT'd current guilds first t5 kill yesterday on VR.

And tonight solo tanked Kara with the exception of Opera (R&J) and Spite. Our OT for those two encounters was a resto drood

Last night we were doing Hyjal for some new recruits and I asked my guild leader if I could bring my warrior alt in for a shot at Cat's Edge. We haven't had one drop in about 5 months. He tells me I can come in ONLY because one of the holy priests wanted to go shadow for the night just for fun and my only stipulation was that I couldn't die. EEK!

Good news is that I didn't die.

Better news is that I got my [item]Cataclysm's Edge[/item]!!!!!!11juan

ran my first heroic as a tank tonight, did heroic mechanar and got my sun eater on the first shot woot!

Well this is my hello post. This is my first warr and I successfully tanked BFD. I got a "well your doing a damn fine job m8" today after running with some Aussies and telling them I was new to tanking. I have 2 Hunters one on a PvE server in BT and the other on a PvP server in 4/5 S4. I can't wait to start running instances when the expansion comes out. I think I found a new main =) Thanks for the time and effort you guys put in this site it really shows.
    Blackrock||Horde|Noth|UD Warrior
    Sen'jin/Blackrock||Alliance/Horde|Ciani|NE/BE Hunter

I got a guild run together for "Trials Of The Naaru: Mercy" yesterday, and we SMASHED IT! I've tried it once before and while we got to the last boss within the timer (with a few wipes) we couldn't get him down (4-5 attempts... lol)

We had a couple of deaths, just silly mistakes, but no wipes and we beat the last boss convincingly which was very satisfying. The 3rd boss who usually is a bit tricky went down stupidly fast! At the end of the run we finished the Trial quest, the timer quest, the daily quest, and the Pattern: Spellstrike Hood drop for Mr Mage.

We followed it up with the "Trials Of The Naaru: Stength" (the SLabs part) and only wiped once on the 3rd boss due to a miscommunication. Murmur was a laugh, we lost our Mage and Hunter on the first AOE and 3-manned it!! In your face Murmur!! To top it off, the Pattern: Felsteel Helm dropped for me (a few months too late) - I can make the whole set now!

Picked up a Kings Defender on Saturday's Kara run too! =P

I tanked flame of azzinoth (illidian) successfully, after two wipes of me learning it. First time I took the flame out of the boundary and it caused a charge from the other flame. Second wipe was cause the eye beam occurred on me as soon as the flame spawned leaving me little time to get adjusted so i ate it .

I also tanked kalegcos (sunwell) and was able to one shot it it on my first proper try. ( However i still suck at spelling boss names so forgive me If i messed that up).

My guild is most of the way through BT, but the best moment in my mind is when I tanked Shattered Halls Heroic with two healers and no cc, and completed the timed run with 30 mins left. Only the second time I went in there (after the first time I was afraid :P) but I managed to hold aggro on all of the mobs - I guess it was the first time I really thought wow, I'm not a completely horrible tank now.

This seems so long ago, that I don't even remember all the details, but it was one of the most important moments for me as a tank.

We just did the transition from Molten Core to Blackwin Lair, and we've downed Razorgore twice, and was going for the third takedown.

We had two warriors kiting, and some OT's in the corner. Then my partner in kite was dazed and died, and we startet to be swarmed in the corners. So I shouted out that I could just try to kite all the dragonkins and whatever.. so I kited the entire all the dragonkins and we had like 8-10 eggs left when this happaned.

After kiting, one of the OT's from the corners helped me with Razorgore, and we took him down.

Looking back and while writing this, it doesn't look like a big achievement, but the positive feedback I got after my solo-kite was so rewarding, that it just stuck.

Did a similar thing with Golemagg. One of the dog-tanks died, and I was tanking two dogs at the same time. Great times!

post above this one is a freaking hero! good on ya buddy. that is pretty awesome. i know back in those days, i couldnt do that and i knew very few that i would trust with trying

I have another one

i was in my SBV gimp suit for souls (so that i can tank all the way to the first enrage). the main tank died at the beginning of phase 3 so i shoved back on my shield and started tanking. i was taking huge damage from having low armor and avoidance and nothing special in the HP department too. we got it down (just) and our 90000000000000000000000th torch of the dammed dropped
    www.soundcloud.com/auralise

Tanked a heroic Blood Furnace, never been there on any of my toons in heroic, that was pretty cool.

And main tanked Kara yesterday in a pug, up to Shade where I and the OT had to leave due to time.

OT dropped out just before the pull on Midnight, so I had to tank both the horse and Attumen. Which I was pretty impressed with myself, and managed to snag myself the vambraces of courage from him too.

Picked up another tank and were on our way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well pleased at MT'g and downing Prince in Kara for the first time. Had a really good run. Did Horseman, Moroes, Maiden, R&J Opera, Curator, Shade and Chess all first time and Prince on the 2nd attempt after a bad infernal wiped us at 2% >.<

No drops for me tank wise, but got hold of [Despair]

Good fun and a good feeling knowing that I've finally tanked every boss in Kara. Bring on ZA and the 25's!

First i like to say hello to your community and to thank you for the useful information on your site.My greatest acomplishment was when i went to ZA for the first time with my new guild(actually first time with my guild also) and downed the 4th boss with our first try!They couldnt down him before dunno why but i felt proud of that moment.

well couple nights ago was my first time tanking Karazhan. had a great time and made it all the way to the chess event b4 calling it a night. skipped illhoof for now but will hopefully come back to finish off the rest. wanted to thank the community for all the great info you've compiled here. great resource and has single handedly got me interested in, and taught me how to tank.
    Last edited by Helmer; 09-01-2008 at 12:18 PM.

I, uh...

had my rogue ding 66 today in the TankSpot guild!

Guild chat is quiet, but it's a nice change of pace from my guild. Not that anything really bad is going on, but change is good. Sometimes.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

First of all i would like to say hi to all of you fellow tanks I`ve been reading these boards for quite some time, now it`s time to step out of the shadows

Me being proud - there`s couple of things..
    First of all i am very proud to be part of an amazing guild that i am in currently, and hold an MT rank in it. Awesome, mature and helpful community with some very hard recruitment rules
    Things that made me most proud of everything was getting my t4 shoulders, chest, and legs, that i use for tanking, and being assigned as a raid leader for my guild - and to lead them through Karazhan from the very beginning to the very Nightbanei`sh end.

And yes, i am a wall'o texter

cheers, nice to meet ya'll

My guild (Mizu of Alleria) walked into TK this past friday for the first time and downed Void Reaver on our 3rd attempt, then went and made 3 very sollid attempts on Solarian. Easily the most exciting moment ive ever felt in any video game, ever. GO MIZU!!

i am very proud of tanking halazzi (the lynx boss in ZA) alone, from 100% to 3%... the other tank died in first hit, cause i think we couldnt place ourselves on top of each other and frankly everybody thought "here comes the wipe"... but with the masterful healing, and undeniable help of badge of tenacity and moroes pocket watch i took only 1 of the killer saber lashes... it was very exhausting tbh, cause i had to catch the lynx spirit when it spawns, and if i miss it, there was no one else to catch it etc. i died at 3% and dps worked him out... especially our dps warr made a miracle out of execution ...

+ Reply to Thread