+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

Quote Originally Posted by klor View Post
    You missed a badge somewhere :-/. You probably didn't grab the one out of the chest because you should normally walk away with 4... but grats you lucky punk...some of us had to farm mech for weeks for that sword
    We skiped Sepethrea We tried her 3 times at the end but without any success. Cloth die too fast on elementals.

Successfully Tanking an Illidan Flame First Time I Ever Stepping Foot In The Fight (Which Led to One Shotting Him That Night)

hydross, lurker, tidewalker, VR, solarian, alar 51% stage two. in the last three weeks of coming out of kara gruul/mag as a guild

- Receiving [item]The Sun Eater[/item] after only 4 runs thru Heroic Mech.

- Using Heroic Badges for the 1st time to buy my [item]Azure-Shield of Coldarra[/item].

- Downing Blackheart the Inciter in Heroic SLabs without a healer. (He got insta-ganked on first MC thru combination of DPS Warrior Charge stun and the Rogue's crits, but we still managed to stand with the HoTs he threw up right before he died. They ran out fast, but we managed to survive!)

- My first Karazhan Epic, [item]Vambraces of Courage[/item] (and the drama that was involved in getting, which involved 2 guildies /gquitting and everyone else getting pisses... and this was BEFORE the run. That's what you get for promising items to people, ex-GM!)

- Downing Curator the first time - like it was nothing. (Good group composition helps, of course, but I expected ALOT more trouble from him since we were all new to KZ at the time.)

- The first time I tanked Drek'thar in AV. I had bears surrounding me trying to jerk aggro (which they did, but I always pulled it back - without a single taunt). That was a fun battle, and I got kudos from a few of the DPS and Heals after the game was over.

- Hitting EXALTED with the Sha'tar. (Big one, imo. Took FOREVER... can't tell you how many times I ran mech/bot/arc... I know all the pulls by heart, lol)

- Discovering the joys of dailies
    Last edited by Radhja; 12-01-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Getting Vashj down a second time...and watching our OT almost pull off phase three with me dead on the pull before. Big big step up for our guild. To me, the second kill proves you can keep doing something

Also, getting to phase three Kael on our first night...not getting there cleanly mind you, but four to five weapons down before the advisers repop after seven pulls seems like good progression.

Just downed Gruul on our first night on him (4th attempt, growth 14) - we also one shotted High King (this week being our second time on him). Pretty exciting to see
    The beast is getting hungrier.

Illhoof down 2nd try and netherspite 6th try hahaha
    Tonight we go nighbane and prince I hope .
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

Quote Originally Posted by Radhja View Post
    - Using Heroic Badges for the 1st time to buy my [item]Azure-Shield of Coldarra[/item].

- Hitting EXALTED with the Sha'tar. (Big one, imo. Took FOREVER... can't tell you how many times I ran mech/bot/arc... I know all the pulls by heart, lol)
    you didnt save badges for the gears like [item]Unwavering Legguards[/item] or other 2.3 items. [item]Crest of the Sha'tar[/item] is not that bad compare to [item]Azure-Shield of Coldarra[/item]

Just reached 16k unbuffed HP

Quote Originally Posted by Kendoka View Post
    you didnt save badges for the gears like [item]Unwavering Legguards[/item] or other 2.3 items. [item]Crest of the Sha'tar[/item] is not that bad compare to [item]Azure-Shield of Coldarra[/item]
    I bought my badge gear before I knew about the new stuff, but regardless, I don't regret buying the [item]Azure-Shield of Coldarra[/item] over the [item]Crest of the Sha'tar[/item]. It's just a better deal, even if it costs badges. I don't consider the two shields to be even close in comparison - ok, the stats are similar, but damn that Crest is just so mundane-looking. Not my style, baby.

our first kills of Kazzak (1 shot), Lurker (1 shot), Hydross (2 shot) all in one day. We previously had little to no experience in any of these bosses.

AOE tanked Heroic SH with no CC... other than a rogue sapping a caster once 'for fun'. Started a trend with me now tanking heroics without CC.

Came out #1 dps once on shade as prot in my DPS gear.... previously I wear fire/frost/arc resist and there for interrupts and not need much healing. I definitely had the melee advantage since he has low armor and I had 5 sunders on him.

Start Karazhan with my guild (all noobs in there) on 21 Nov and defeat Malchezaar last night (10 Dec).

So great tank the Prince!!!!!!

Many tanks for all the superb guides from this site!

Astharothtx, Warrior tank, Exilium - Los Errantes, EU.

T4 Gloves....T4 Gloves.....and exaulted finally with Aldor (thanks klor)...but T4 gloves!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhoon View Post
    Successfully MT'd Nalorakk on our guild first kill!

No boots for my troubles tho...
    You also had top damage on our Akil'zon first with your shammy I believe (helps that melee don't have to move).

For me: MT all of Kara including one particular Prince kill that we got with 3 rookie melee DPS (2 of which went down >75%).

MT for guild first two night clear of Kara.

MT on our first Akil'zon kill.

We downed grull last week, and i picked up T4 legs on a roll of 100, then this week I main tanked Mulgar for the second week in a row and got the T4 shoulders, so now i have three pieces of t4 fairly sweet.

I dunno, solo tanking Moroes from 50% to dead was fun after the off tank died, and it was the first time my guild had downed Moroes, which made it even more exciting. Not a very big success... but hey, casual raiding ftw.

After so much pain in the guild to finally have working and successful SSC / TK raids up each week! Thanks to the participants for patiently working over and over again on Leotheras we now clear SSC on one evening so we have two more complete evenings for our next target: Vashj :-)

Still not always easy to get the right set up, mostly short of a healer but a lot better than it used to be in the past

Getting my badge pants after 3 weeks of kara clears and a few heroics to finish it off.

Doing 6.8k Shield Slam on that Curator Guy. Makes me feel mighty

+ Reply to Thread