+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

Last night my second heroic MT run (still a challenging instance for our gear level) - we called it a night after the second boss, with about 7 wipes up to that point, but considering the group make-up it was definitely a successful night:

prot warrior, feral druid, dps warrior, warlock, resto druid

Finally finished my consortium quest and got my permanent key to "free" Yor
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

The Sun Eater <3

I got The Sun Eater yesterday weeeeeee I was so happy, I AM so happy... But the funny thing is I ALMOST lose the sword.
    Panthaleon died, we loot. everyone pass and my connection fails

I was crazy, trying to log in. One of my friends called me "DUDE!! Gimme your User and Pass Really fast!!!" and just when I was giving him the info the connection came back and I was able to loot it... 5 mins later the entire server crashed (Am I lucky or what?)

we wiped many times and I know I need to imporve my skills, but I have The Sun Eater next milestone: Mongoose (that will be harder to get since I always have only 30g on my bags and I play in agamaggan -.- )
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Agamaggan/63268.jpg
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

lol, grats compa! close call!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

We had our guild-first Nightbane kill last night. It was our second time trying the fight (though I'm not sure our "8-man with a bear tank and light healing" first attempt really counts) and we took him down with just one wipe. To make it all the sweeter, I got my warrior's new tanking chest and could finally get rid of the one from Mechanar.

Next goal's the bear boss - got him to 28% before our off-tank died, then the event reset and we were too tired to clear trash again. Might help if we waited to go with people with Kara gear instead of saying "Let's go with what we got - it can't hurt that much, right?"

I solo'd high king maulgar down to 93&#37; last night before the rest of the raid got to him. My holy priest told me "Just think Klor, you got him to 93% as prot...you could have finished him off if you had spec'd fury!" They are just taunting me and trying to make me respec fury lol
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

downed Leo the Blind 2 nights ago and got tier 5 gloves! they're so sexy!

Tanked my first nightbane tonight. Was quite surprised they asked me to do it but I jumped at the opportunity to learn a new encounter. Had a small problem with my fear timer being off so I resorted to the oldschool "watch the ground shake" to break fears. Huge rush being someone that the run could rely on well enough to get the job done. Big shout out to the healers who kept me alive. Also picked up Gauntlets of the Iron Maiden also.

~Joey

Cleared Zul'Aman last night and had Chestguard of the Warlord drop, finally upgraded my from my chestpiece from Nightbane!

This week gave me HUGE upgrades. Managed to get [item]The Sun Eater[/item] and [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item], got [item]Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable[/item] from Moroes--and our guild Jewelcrafter finally managed to get her hands on the [item]Solid Star of Elune[/item] pattern.

I'm now sitting on 14.3k health unbuffed. <3
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

Gratzz Tristessa it was a nice week indee. Great Sword and Great Shotgun. The blet is a nice adition too.
    I remembered I offtanked Moroes in a pug and they gave the belto to a prot guy who was not tanking in any way (I was fury at that moment) I was angry but.. he was prot and life goes on.
    Gratzzzzzz n_n
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

Not really a huge 'success' as I ended up dying in the end, but last night at growth 12 or 13 on Gruul we had a really unlucky shatter and lost all but 3 dps. We had him at roughly ~20-25%. by the time Growth 17 hit, my raid leader had said "Alright, its time to see how much of a beating Klor can actually take." Up until last night we had never survived past growth 15, if Gruul was not dead by that point both tanks died and the dps have managed to nuke him down by the end (even with one time a holy priest and resto shaman landing the killing blows and being the last standing).

Well, by this point all dps was dead and it was just me and the healers as the OT got hit hard by a hateful strike and died. I lasted 5 growths after that finally dying at the beginning of growth 22 to a bad silence. Gruul was at 8% by the end of it.

Like I said, it wasn't my success, but it was a FUN defeat and just goes to show even with t4 gear warriors can take a considerable amount of physical damage and druids don't make the best tanks on gruul **Loves his healers** I blame them for making me suffer the beating...they refused to let me die.

But in a way it was a personal success to actually live past growth 14!
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better

Hmmm I didn't understood what you said but sounds like a success Gratz killing gruul (even if you were dead)

- Finally I got my Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer
    - First time in Kara as MT, as a matter of fact, First time for <Pasta y Queso> in Kara. We started late so we only do Attumen. 2 wipes (one of them 'cause the OT and his healer suddenly went offline) and the other 'cause we wasted too much time and the respawns killed us. After that we did a straight forward rampage to Attumen an pwned him

Tonight we're going to try Moroes... no wait, we're going to DO moroes.

"Do or not Do, there is no try"

I full MTed Karazhan with my paladin. All bosses but Nightbane, that a druid wanted to tank for his first time xD

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Successfully MT'd Nalorakk on our guild first kill!

No boots for my troubles tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Joanadark View Post
    Grats!!!

I didn't know you rerolled Narshe!
    I haven't rerolled, but needed something easier for 5man and heroics. For next expansion.... I still don't know xD

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

[item]King's Defender[/item] dropped yes!!!

Downed 6 bosses in Kara in one night, it's a new record for us. Why? well we have to many long smoke breaks cuz a lot in the guild smoke lol.
    Last edited by Razmo; 11-27-2007 at 01:21 AM.
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

OMG GRRRAAAAAATZZZZ!!! Nice sword.

Got my [item]29362[/item] on my first heroic Machanar
    Plus 5 badges of justice (3 drops + 2 daily quest).
    Lucky day ?

Doing Shattered Halls (heroic) with zero CC. I've done plenty of easier ones with zero CC, like Mana Tombs, Underbog, and Mechanar, but doing some of the silly pulls with nothing available outside of Cyclone (and it never got used) was intense and fun. The only death on that run was the Moonkin on Om'rogg, and that was because of an unlucky Blast Wave combined with the healer getting feared.

I would not have tried this in blues with a Priest healer, mind you. A well-geared group with decent mitigation made it doable. On the Gladiator packs, if one slipped away due to a Thunderclap resist or a nice crit heal, it was "LOL Hammer of Justice" and I would go do my duty and taunt that sucker back. My awesome Paladin healer also was well-equipped to aggro one or two Sharpshooters so a Scattershot wouldn't send the pack of nasties I had on me at a squishier target. This combination makes so many Heroics more of the smash-mouth style of play I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargael View Post
    Got my [item]29362[/item] on my first heroic Machanar
    Plus 5 badges of justice (3 drops + 2 daily quest).
    Lucky day ?
    You missed a badge somewhere :-/. You probably didn't grab the one out of the chest because you should normally walk away with 4... but grats you lucky punk...some of us had to farm mech for weeks for that sword

+ Reply to Thread