+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

My first one night, four hour Kara clear.
    My first time tanking Tidewalker and taking him to 1% after our druid tank was getting crushed badly on him so much he never got us passed 50% for almost two weeks worth of attempts.
    My guild getting first kills on Tidewalker, Alar, and Solarian on three consecutives nights. Then following up the next week, with first kills of Leo, Fathom Lord and Kazzak.

And by far my favorite, myself tanking Tidalvass(sp?) dead, then picking up Fathom Lord, after he killed the MT and his two healers, and tanking him dead as well.

Well, I tanked Nightbane with a [item]Wedding dress[/item] as chest, to protest against the non-dropping of Panzar thar. Sadly, it didn't make it drop

Also tanked a couple of heroics with that dress, but these aren't real achivements :/
    Jibou - extremely fat main tank

Solo'ing arlokk last week. And again yesterday to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Tanking Karazhan trash in brewfest gear and not wiping the raid.

Asstanking Moroes successfully after the OT dying.

And nice to see a fellow dress wearing tanker Jibou. [item]Alanna's Embrace[/item] is my dress of choice.
    Tank Skills? √ Healer Skills? √
    DPS Skills? Still trying to find them.
    www.angryaces.eu - recruitment open

Quote Originally Posted by Pitstarter View Post
    Solo'ing arlokk last week. And again yesterday to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Tanking Karazhan trash in brewfest gear and not wiping the raid.

Asstanking Moroes successfully after the OT dying.

And nice to see a fellow dress wearing tanker Jibou. [item]Alanna's Embrace[/item] is my dress of choice.
    Hehe! So I'm not the only one!? Awesome! I was thinking of trying to get the rare black dress from the valentine seasonal for my next tankings
    Jibou - extremely fat main tank

Lady Vashj killed! Finaly we got her down. After a pretty downy period with some wow quitters and some rejected trial members. We finaly found a very solid setup and got her down on our second night of our second "Vashj"-reset!

The feeling was amazing, and it wasn't any worse when I looted the Defender Tooken!

\o/

/Thorium, Guild leader of Genesis @ Defias Brotherhood, RP PvP-EU

My old guild's first Nefarian kill was a great feeling. In the Burning Crusade killing Kael was definitely awesome.

I got the Destroyer chest last night which I'm pretty excited about

Watching my guild's holy priest and resto shaman down Gruul. That was interesting...how they managed to survive is beyond me...thank god for ankh and earth shock
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Crafting my Blazeguard and my Tankatronic, every loot since seems lackluster now I'm working on nethers for my Bulwark of Kings once I get a KD. . .
    Tanking Prince the first time.
    2-Manning the 3rd boss in heroic shattered halls with a paladin, from 40% to 0.
    Having the respect of my peers to want me to tank for them, considering they are into SSC/TK and have slightly higher standards. . .
    Saving a lot on my car insurance by switching to Geico.
    Having a Mastercard type setup for my list of mediocre yet personally fullfilling while still attempting to pull the gag out after the last statement: Priceless.

Fixed a group 2 last week, Started raiding with them this week (group 1 wasn't pleased I'm helping group 2 last night and tonight :P). Yesterday we've done 3 bosses and we were faster at it then group 1. Hahah, it was so funny to have a race :P.
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

Cleared BT/Hyjal in 3 nights. Now it's Friday and we have nothing to do until reset! Yaaay for nights off.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

Finish SL without a wipe in my 2nd day as prot
    Is not much but it makes me happy
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Agamaggan/63268.jpg
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

that's quite the Accomplishment Compa, SL is a tough place for tanks, especially multi mob tanking and gimmicky fights.

Good CC helps a lot too.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

well I must admit that It helped a lot the fact that I went like 4 times when I was fury.
    The first time (first time prot) we wiped 3 times, the second none and yes we had 2 CC wich helped a loooooot. n_n
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

First Tuesday night Prince kill. This week.
    Melissa Theuriau is not a marmot.
    Armory

Wednesday evening, we finally downed Moroes after 4 unsuccessful attempts (not wipes...we wiped 4 times this night also).

Raid makeup really made a difference for us and I am extremely proud that our guild stuck it out (I was ready to move to heroics)

We then hit Maiden and I got the hands and neck.

Nice night

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. Built it from First Binding drop, to holding the finished sword in my Forsaken hand in 60 days. I have been told that I had TF before the (arguably) #1 Tank on our server. I guess that's overall kind of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehn View Post
    Wednesday evening, we finally downed Moroes after 4 unsuccessful attempts (not wipes...we wiped 4 times this night also).

Raid makeup really made a difference for us and I am extremely proud that our guild stuck it out (I was ready to move to heroics)

We then hit Maiden and I got the hands and neck.

Nice night
    i hate you. (every warrior in guild has the maiden hands but me, and an off tank has the neck and I don't - all this even though I am our MT and have been to Kara more than anyone else.)
    Melissa Theuriau is not a marmot.
    Armory

in less than 24 hours I made some nice advancements,
    Yesterday: SL (2 wipes) but I got the Bold Shoulders weeeee
    Yesterday: SV (1 funny wipe on trash :P ) I got the Bold Gauntlets
    Today at morning: Gemed my gauntlets and Shoulders . 12K stamina reached
    I reached the 490 Def Cap too
    I'm happy

Leading the raid when our guild downed Lucifron for the first time will always be the highlight for me.

Oh yeah, /cheer at dress-wearing tanks! Admittedly my only dress is an AR suffixed robe for Curator/Shade trash and soaking on Curator... and it took me forever to find a pink one

Killing Hydross for the first time. We had been wiping for a week and our officers pushed us hard as hell and we even had a 9 hour raid wiping on him. The day after we got back and 1 shotted him! Everyone was screaming on vent and i was just randomly hitting my keyboard the last 5% since i was tanking him. I almost fell out og my chair when he died. And the same week we downed Lurker and morogrim

+ Reply to Thread