+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

[item]The Brutalizer[/item]

yay!

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Congrats, Narshe!

I felt pretty bad ass after MTing both Kael and Vashj the first times. Nothing, even loot, really feels better than doing well the first time on a particularly difficult encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by criss View Post
    Congrats, Narshe!

I felt pretty bad ass after MTing both Kael and Vashj the first times. Nothing, even loot, really feels better than doing well the first time on a particularly difficult encounter.
    Gratz Criss.. so it has been good for u to take that step back I assume?

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.

Er, well. That guild fell apart within a week. I have bad luck-- I join guilds that are in the middle of falling apart. =/

Then u are cursed like me. The most time Ive been on a guild is 4 months -_-

Grats narshe

Im still on a high from last night,

We went to do gruul quickly because people werent being clever in SSC (wiping on lurker after killing hydross...) I got [item]Justicar Shoulderguards[/item] which upped me by about 10 stamina 100 armor in boss tanking kit, so its a pretty huge upgrade that I had passed on in my old guild 3x.

So we go to gruul and I stay incase i can get t4 legs just so i might get the set bonus its a great trash tanking set. I keep Righteous fury on, I put spell damage on my weapon and equipped my D3 legs (no enchant). I spent 10 seconds using an abillity called seal of vengeance but gave up after only getting 2 stacks and remembering gruul throws you around ._, Next thing I saw was getting hit fairly hard by gruul. Yup I had taken second aggro without even planning on it. Thank god I survived wearing less HP and mitigation than usually He died by about growth 12 but i remember going down to about 10HP..Still it was something because no melee dps died. I am still on fire from doing it (even though it cost me 4 super mana potions). First day back in a guild i had left due to a lock pulling aggro on midnight ahh well i was guildless and they were interested in me so far the agreement is that i bring my shadow priest when needed which is fine cos if its needed to kill a boss the first time it wont really be needed the second so i can pick up the loot still..I am a feral druid, I shapeshift into a shadow priest.

gratz narshe! and glad to see you still around criss, haven't heard from you in a while!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Super proud of my raid group last night. We killed Reliquary of Souls, Mother Shahraz, and Illidari Council last week for the first time. We go back in last night and I'm expecting it to take a few attempts for everyone to get back in the groove. What do we do? One-shotted Reliquary.

We killed Mother Shahraz on Sunday after having spent about 3 hours on her the previous raid night. On the way in Sunday, I made the comment "We probably aren't going to one-shot Shahraz anyway" because we'd never killed her before. What did we do? One-shotted her for our first kill. I made the same comment last night during Shahraz trash. Result? One-shot. I see a tradition in the making.

On top of that, I picked up [item]Girdle of Stability[/item] finally from Bloodboil. /score

Onward to Illidan!
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

Our guild has been having trouble filling the 25 spots for our raids lately. This isn't due to not enough members, just do to circumstance, be it RL issues, college exams, etc. etc.

A few weeks ago, we had 19 log on for HKM. Everyone was sure we couldn't do it, wanted to call the raid, maybe do KZ, or some guild pvp, but no one wanted to make a decision.

I made the decision, having full faith in our guild and its quality members, I said press on, maybe more will join in.

We hit HKM, I stress EVERYONE MUST STAY ALIVE. Their lives were in their own hands having only enough healing for the tanks. I tell the DPS to floor it and I'll spam taunt, I also stress the importance of interrupting the heals. Our MT does everything he can to help the healers keep him up through HKM damage. We down the even with 19, first shot. Everyone is stoked, and we want to move on to Gruul.... so we do.

We get to gruul, and during the time it took us to down HKM and clear to gruul, 6 people had logged on.. 5 melee and 1 ranged. So we make a first attempt at Gruul and wipe, due to having a ridiculous amount of melee DPS. Once again we stress the importance of staying alive and having good shatters. Second attempt, he's down!

It made me really proud of our guild. We've always done things against impossible odds, and this still holds true, our guild motto is something along the lines of do more with less, and we generally do it with less and a poor group make-up. In the end, we still make it work because of the quality of our players.

We've been undermanned a few times since then, and that one night has given everyone the confidence needed to simply press on, see what happens, and enjoy new or old content no matter the group make-up. We have fun.

So if you have faith in your raiders and feel you have a good chance to win, if no one will make that decision to call it or go, be the one to step up and go for it, it can have a long lasting, positive impact on your guild from there on out. Indeed even a wipe at 1-5% with an undermanned group can be more satisfying than a clear with the full 25!

Cheers,
    ~meia

similar to meia's successes. we have had a heck of a time getting people to show up - but we have been steadily recruiting and have gotten some incredible players. over the last month we have called 2 or 3 nights that would have been HKM attempts due to class balance / lack of healers or tanks.

we did go into SSC one night with around 20 people and did well on the trash - which i think helped people realize that we could easily hold our own in bigger content. we finally got together enough people for HKM, and after two weeks of attempts (about 2 hours per set) we one-shot him last night. after that we moved on to gruul and got him down to 24% on our first set of attempts - after each attempt we knocked off about another 10%. it was the first time ive seen people eager to go for more attempts and not cry about repair bills or how they could be pvping instead.

go go paum! make fraps! my guild could use all the help we can get with any progression fights! ;P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

-Offering to leave kara so that another prot warrior can get in and hearing nearly the entire raid of ppl over vent yell "NO!"

I just joined a new guild on Wednesday. Casual guild, whose policies remind me a lot of my old EQ guild, but a lot less disciplined/regimented. Their MT is a prot pally. I don't mind. BUT there are some times where having a good old fashioned warrior is just plain nice. So we one shot huntsman, 2 shot Moroes and head for Maiden. First attempt pally tanks, we get her to maybe 50%... unlucky Holy Fire and aggro took out our top healer (we were running with 1 holy pally, 2 SP's, and a boomkin, that was our healing). Second attempt we still have the pally tanking, get her to about the same. Holy Fire is killing us so the prot pally decides I'll tank, and he'll help dispel. We got her to 3% before an unlucky repentance hit while I was low health. Prot pally hadn't been keeping on the agro list so it tore through our healer first and our dps next. BUT!

The success is that I got to tank my first boss in Kara, did an excellent job, and got 3 epics off the first 2 bosses... steelhawk xbow, moroes' watch, and his belt too. All in all, happy day.

This is a minor thing to all you T6 Ubertanks, I'm sure, but it still made me feel good.

Yesterday running non-heroic Shattered Halls with a guild group, in which our MT was playing his rogue alt. No problems. Got to the end boss, our healer made a mistake at about 60% and got instagibbed. MT said "damn guys, that's a wipe" and I said "wait a sec, let's see what happens."

We didn't have an offhealer, but I had one potion, Last Stand, and my trusty [item]Aldori Legacy Defender[/item], and we burned him down from 60% to 0% without any heals on any party members. Definitely a /flex moment for me. I've been trying to demonstrate that I'm a competant tank and ready for the second half of Kara (I've only tanked up to Curator to this point) and I think this event made a pretty good impression.

Back in my former guild many, many months ago, we had just cleared BWL and downed Nefarian maybe twice. We were back to him, setting up with the normal routine, potting up, assigning folks according to the dracs colors, etc - then in chat...

SERVER RESTART IN 15:00

Wtf? Anyone who's done this fight knows it does take a bit of time when you are first killing him. Our raid leader just starts yelling out directions and we just go for it. Somehow we got him down, looted and we ported out with about 30 seconds to spare.
    Definetely the highest point of excitement from that guild's raid group.

Grats on all the achievements folks. I just wanted to thank the community for helping one another improve, and eventually allowing us coming in here to toot our own horn.

I wouldn't enjoy this game, or enjoy tanking, if it weren't for such a great community. Cheers guys

Soloed durn the hungerer

Made 4018 Mortal strike on mage

Leveled blackmithing from 0 to 375 and crafted bulwark of ancient kings in 3 days. Spent only around 600g for the leveling and farmed the rest.

Mt:ed patchwerk

21-1 stats on AB without a premade (before the storm patch pre tbc)

2.5 years in the same guild with warrior as main the whole time

Still have Arcanite reaper in my bank

Able to farm 150g/hour as prot specced

Quote Originally Posted by Tankz View Post
    Having the 1st T5 Shoulders on the server was a good feeling, but i dont think anything beats the 1st kill of Cthun for me, not sure if it was the people, the time, or the kill, but that will always stick in my head.
    Tankz,

Not bagging on you, but really curious, why are you using the trinket off of Hydross??

"Buy the ticket, take the ride" - Hunter

For the past month I've been on a massive Farm run to improve my EH gear, which also included re-leveling Blacksmithing and Mining (I had dropped BS for JC in TBC). Last week for me was very fruitful as I finally finished farming all my gear at once. I ended up with:

[item]Bulwark of the Ancient Kings[/item]
    [item]Belt of the Guardian[/item]
    [item]Red Havoc Boots[/item]
    [item]Furies Deck[/item]
    [item]Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600[/item]

During the same week my guild made a run into a partially cleared Kara to get at Nightbane and I finally got [item]Panzar'Thar Breastplate[/item]. Then the next night on our Loot Reaver run I got my [item]Destroyer Shoulderguards[/item]. Overall my unbuffed health went up by 2k from this weekend alone.

Again during that weekend my guild geared me up to replace our NR Tank on Hydross which previously we had been unable to get past the second transition. My first time in the hot seat we got Hydross down to 19% and 2 attempts later he was dead. This last weekend we went in again hoping for positive results and we ended up one shotting Hydross like we'd been doing it for weeks. We then went on to Tidewalker and walked away with him at 17% after our third day on him. Overall I've had a very positive last two weeks and I can only hope that it will continue on... now if only I can get that damn mace to drop.
    Last edited by Jedan; 10-18-2007 at 04:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread