+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Successes!

Post Your Successes!

This thread is a ripoff from MainTankadin.

However, it's a good idea. So it doesn't matter. Basically what this thread is about is posting your successes.

Basically this is where you ePeen about downing a boss for the first time, getting a new piece of gear, doing an SV clear in 30mins, whatever. If you're proud about doing something, tell us about it.
    Last edited by Ciderhelm; 03-26-2008 at 12:06 PM.

-Tanking Gruul
    -Outdpsing a nub 4/5 t4 destro spec lock in a 5 man
    -AoE tanking Shattered Halls at 68 with my group in awe.
    -Recieving [item]Aldori Legacy Defender[/item]
    -And that fuzzy feeling of loads of people saying im a good tank (which isn't true but hey)

Two nights ago we downed prince - not for the first time, but before it I said to our RL - "are you sure Prince is a good option" - the group was a little inexperienced in late Kara and in general was undergeared for prince plus our group makeup was just plain weird:

3 warriors (me as MT, 2 dps)
    4 pallys (3 holy, 1 prot - who helped heal on prince)
    1 rogue
    2 warlocks

The dps was a little low and we lost two melee fairly early on and the other one later on to the infernals. 12minutes later he was down, I'd taken 860k damage (over twice what I had the previous week) and my superb healers had kept me up, despite me having to stand in a couple of infernals.

I'm proud of our dps, our healers and just a little impressed that without druid or priest buffs I had the hp to survive

PS. I love decapitator for pulling
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

- Clearing every boss in Karazhan for the first time last week.
    - Topping the damage meter in a PUG without pulling aggro and dying (it wasn't hard because I did outgear the other DPS) and having the group compliment me, telling me that I was the first good DPS warrior they'd seen. That made me smile =)
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Killed 2nd time Archimonde and Gurtogg.
    I had no hopes because our First Kills were something totally oposed from flawless.
    I also outrolled the GM on Kaz'rogal shield. A nice addition but I was expecting to get first Illidan shield :S

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Having the 1st T5 Shoulders on the server was a good feeling, but i dont think anything beats the 1st kill of Cthun for me, not sure if it was the people, the time, or the kill, but that will always stick in my head.

Getting [item]Quel'serrar[/item] Will always be a high point for me

The story goes like this, Pre tbc I wasn't an End game tank, I grinded for 5 months for the book and they day it dropped from the LAST dusty tome in DM The squeals of delight on TS were almost defeaning.

But the One thing I remember most was doing Ony for the first time, I went with a more experienced guild who had agreed to take me on there very last Ony kill before they gave up on her to concentrate on AQ and Naxx, And they let me MT her. I was horrible, My tps was too low but we got her down wasily, I got My sword and an 18 slot bag for my troubles(i think i thanked them way too much, and the GL said if the warth helm dropped I would have had it as well)

It still ranks as the best day I ever had playing this game, because the pure effort I put into getting that sword was well worth it in the end.

Downing prince is always going to the highlight for me. At that time I still had a lot of questions in my mind if I was really a viable choice as a Paladin. Prince laying on the ground sent me a clear answer.
    The most stressful, yet provides the most gratification..
    Tanking <3

[item]King's Defender[/item] Last week
    [item]The Sun Eater[/item] Last night! yay
    [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item] Glad that farming is over! Bleh

My new raid group downed Hunt, Moroes, and Maiden the first time in Kara.

Completed my lunacy deck last night.

When I recieved my second Binding for Thunderfury, I had not expected it at all, just filling in on an MC raid and since our MT at the time already had the same binding I did, I didn't bother with the quest. I had to zone out and go do the quest and make it back in time for Rags to loot the Essence.

Less than 24 hours later we summoned Thunderaan. Huge props to Flintridge for kicking in 40 some Arcanite bars. Then a warlock ninja looted the quest drop off Thunderaan....fortunately we were able to straighten that "accident" out. I was hyperventilating, freaking out, climbing the walls, you name it.

About 14 months ago there was a bit of a power struggle within the guild and I was set to walk away from it all. Some things got back to me and I unloaded on the person I was having problems with. History: He was the raid leader but had to go away for a summer job and I had to fill in. First raid I led was our first Broodlord kill. Anyhow, he left the guild and took a dozen of the best geared raiders with him. We raided the next night and while we didn't get as far as usual, we filled in the gaps and everyone played thier guts out. They formed thier own guild and started sniping people off that didn't leave immediately with them but we kept going. It was Labor Day last year...I had initially called off the raid for the holiday but we had cleared all the trash up to Ebonroc the previous raid. Our MT was out, our GM and his wife couldn't make it (best healer in the guild by far) but we tried it anyhow. 1 shot Ebonoob and EZgore and lined up for Chrommagus. 6 pulls later he's dead.

The guild that broke off of us killed him a few days later and got Nef before we did but they raided alot more than we did and set themselves up as a hardcore raiding guild. We always lagged behind and there were shots fired back and forth but I'm proud that we never got involved with name calling and what not. It was potentially some of the best drama our server had seen but it never went public. They got 3 Naxx bosses and we got none. Both through Huhu in AQ40. About 2 months into BS, they imploded and we, in all our "noob, zerg-guild glory" are as strong as ever.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

5 man UBRS pre-41 point talents. It took 1.5 hours, but we did it. Greater FR pots ftw!

1) Me - Fury tank
    2) Combat Rogue
    3) Holy/Disc Priest
    4) Frost Mage
    5) Feral Druid

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/8847/5manubrsbe4.jpg

finally picked up [item]Warbringer Greathelm[/item] [item]Shield of Impenetrable Darkness[/item] and got passed the pattern for [item]Red Havoc Boots[/item]
    this week, along with my first led full kara clear! woot!

Curator legs here I come!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

<----Tanked vael with 354 Nature resistance Item Rack FTL

My highest point recently was tanking Nightbane for the first time last night, getting my stance dances right and only eating like one fear, and him dropping both the Panzar'thar breastplate and the Shield of Impenetrable Darkness.....major upgrades for the only warrior in the raid, yours truly ;-).

holy crap grimmwall, grats on both, i want the panzar'thar breastplate so badly!

and for future purposes:

/cast [stance:2] Berserker Stance
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /caster [stance:3] Defensive Stance

once you see him casting Demoralizing Roar, or whatever it is. just hit this button 2-3 times or until you change back to defensive stance, it means you're safe =]

i didn't eat a single fear! ;]

Taking out Hydross, Lurker, and Tidewalker in a two-week span.

Now, if we could get enough people to show up for more shots at Karathress...

Void Reaver down! Guild first.

I know, I know, Loot Reaver and all, but it was quite a nice thing for our relatively inexperienced guild (that absolutely loathes movement fights). Naturally, no tank gear dropped.
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. ... I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. ... -- From the Vow of the Night's Watch
    Stonehelm of Sentinels-US

woot, just got attuned for naxx lol.

Past accomplishments:

1) After weeks of trying and barely getting past the Nef's color coded draknoid scheme, we finally downed Nefarian for the first time. Still have the video and I love pulling it out and reliving that day. There was just a buzz amongst the people in Vent that day. Especially since we were one of the slower guilds on Stormreaver and our first day in BWL, someone posted in General chat that we didn't belong in BWL.

2) July 22, 2006. Garr finally drops the second binding. The entire guild and many guild friends turned out to bitchslap Thunderaan in about 30 seconds. We almost called the MC raid right there and moved out to Silithus just to get the sword right then and there. It had been a long wait for that second binding.

--snoopj

+ Reply to Thread