+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Heuy there!
    One quick question: Is there any point in Shadow resistance against LK? (I just love to see on my screenodged, Parried, Resisted)

Yeah, there's greens with shadow resistance. I think some of the Onyxia pieces might also have shadow resistance mixed in with fire resist. You should be able to do a search on wowhead looking specifically for it, I'll return with a link.

If you go to wowhead.com and click on Database -> Items -> Armor

You're brought to a page with a listing of all the armor pieces in their database. That's quite a lot. However, there's a drop down menu above a link labeled "Add another filter", this is the filter system for wowhead. I chose "Added in expansion" and made sure "Wrath of the Lich King" was selected. I then clicked on "Add another filter" and scrolled all the way down to "Shadow Resistance" and this is what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradiris View Post
    Heuy there!
    One quick question: Is there any point in Shadow resistance against LK? (I just love to see on my screenodged, Parried, Resisted)
    Infest, Defile, Harvest Soul, Soul Reaper, Pain and Suffering, Necrotic Plague, Shadow Trap (heroic only), Spirit Burst (Vile Spirit explosion), and Soul Shriek (Raging Spirit cone attack) all deal shadow damage. However, you shouldn't be gearing for shadow resist on this encounter since most of the shadow damage should be avoided or mitigated in other ways (don't stand in defile, heal people or preshield them to cure Infest before it gets out of hand, tank swap or cooldown for Soul Reaper, transfer Necrotic plague to enemies before it ticks, ...). Other than a Shadow Resistence Aura or preferably the Prayer of Shadow Protection buff or even the trivial amount gained by Mark of the Wild, you shouldn't have any shadow resist for this encounter.

Shadow Resist helps, however you don't go out of your way to gear for it.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Does anyone know what's the priority system for 4.0.1?

Priority system for?

lol.

A "rotation" for Prot Warriors.

I tried to do a heroic and it was a mess, but maybe that's me going back to WOW after 1+ month of rest, just getting used to it again but this time with so many changes my head was spinning.

I know what a priority system is, but you didn't specify for which class.

I don't play a Prot Warrior but I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question now given the more specific question.

as far as i can tell nothing really has changed. shield slam still hits like a dump truck especially at high levels of vengeance, revenge especially improved is also your bread and butter move. shockwave/conc blow are both good threat/dps moves as well

something like

SS->Shockwave->Revenge->conc blow->devastate (hit HS as your rage permits you)

for aoe packs, i shockwave, tclap, SS, tab revenge, tab, devastate, tclap, SS, revenge, tclap (wait off on shockwave for 3rd tclap), and now with 3 stacks of thunderstrike, shockwave for 30% extra damage. all while cleaving (but watch your rage!).

a few things to remember, no more bloodrage, but now you have shouts that grant 20 rage, and if you use the lesser glyph (why wouldn't you there's literally nothing else as useful) you can pop berserker rage for 5 more rage, and generate more rage as you get hit.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    for aoe packs, i shockwave, tclap, SS, tab revenge, tab, devastate, tclap, SS, revenge, tclap (wait off on shockwave for 3rd tclap), and now with 3 stacks of thunderstrike, shockwave for 30% extra damage. all while cleaving (but watch your rage!).
    With Thunderstruck I like to start off with TC, then SW, then basically what you said...it's 10% per stack, so it's worth TCing first, then SWing.

true true.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

So we're not supposed to use rend, right?

Excuse me for so many lame questions, I'm getting back to WoW and I didn't follow the changes. My head is spinning... lol.

You do if you have a point or two blood and thunder

Where can I find the page to donate to the site? Seems that I am either blind or it is hiding. I think I am blind but please someone I would love to help support this site.
    Earthgoddess: 80 Resto Druid: Windrunner
    www.eggsncrits.guildlaunch.com

The donations are done by ZAM now. IF you're not a donor and click on the premium tab at the top, I'm fairly certain you should get a link.

All that says when I click on Premium is that there are no paid subscriptions for this cite.

Nvm I found it under Shop. Tysm for the help though!

For Fury which of the three ICC weapons should be used. Ramadanadingdong, Oxheart, Citadel Enforcer. I can be Expertise capped with either expertise weapon. Using both would put me way over.

Abir on altar of storms (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Storms&cn=Abir)
    Last edited by Abir; 10-15-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    Level 80 Warrior, Druid, and Paladin

two quick questions, what video capture software do you guys use to shoot the in game footage and is it free?

Most likely Fraps, it's what I use and what they suggested. It costs money, you can find it here

Does the +40 ranged crit rating enchant for ranged wpns count for thunderclap and/or shockwave ?

+ Reply to Thread