+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out why my Thunder Clap seems to be falling off halfway through its duration. I've been looking at various class spec's to see if theres something that has an equivalent -20% reduction, but the only one I've found is feral druids, and I definitely didnt have a feral in my raid last night. DK's get -15% from icy touch, so that shouldnt do it.

Anyone have an idea why Thunder Clap might fall off? and is it worth recasting every 10-15 sec when it does? Thanks!

Hi all, currently having a ball playing my alt warrior leveling up through LFG mostly:

I'm not having any real problems with AoE threat at this stage, but once I hit 80 and start some heroics with ICC geared threat monkeys of doom I suspect a few things might go wandering. I'm pretty happy with rotation/button mashing (just got a razr naga which makes getting cleaves/HS into rotations so much easier for me!), but I have a few questions for glyphing well for Heroics (probably the primary use of my character in the long run).

1. I've been using glyph of sunder & devastate at the minute, but sunder doesn't work quite how I thought it would and seems a bit sub-optimal. I was thinking of swapping it for Vigilance for the last few levels to 80. Good idea?

2. In terms of glyph set-up for 80, I'm assuming that multimob thread in the face of high dps will be harder than holding aggro on one target. Fair assumption?

3. As such, I figured my best 3 glyphs would probably be devastate & vigilance, but I'm undecided between blocking and shockwave for the 3rd. Any input here?

4. I don't really want to use this character for anything other than tanking, so would it be worth using the second spec for tanking bosses in heroics (and potentially in some pug raids), but reglyphed and talented for better single target threat? What sort of threat difference would I see?

5. Would I be correct in assuming that the best possible glyphs for this single target spec would be Blocking, Devastate and Vigilance, or would revenge be the better bet?

Thanks for the great resources here (and hopefully in advance for some responses!), having a great time reading through threads and getting into the way of the warrior after years of priesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai View Post
    Hi all, currently having a ball playing my alt warrior leveling up through LFG mostly:

I'm not having any real problems with AoE threat at this stage, but once I hit 80 and start some heroics with ICC geared threat monkeys of doom I suspect a few things might go wandering. I'm pretty happy with rotation/button mashing (just got a razr naga which makes getting cleaves/HS into rotations so much easier for me!), but I have a few questions for glyphing well for Heroics (probably the primary use of my character in the long run).

1. I've been using glyph of sunder & devastate at the minute, but sunder doesn't work quite how I thought it would and seems a bit sub-optimal. I was thinking of swapping it for Vigilance for the last few levels to 80. Good idea?

2. In terms of glyph set-up for 80, I'm assuming that multimob thread in the face of high dps will be harder than holding aggro on one target. Fair assumption?

3. As such, I figured my best 3 glyphs would probably be devastate & vigilance, but I'm undecided between blocking and shockwave for the 3rd. Any input here?

4. I don't really want to use this character for anything other than tanking, so would it be worth using the second spec for tanking bosses in heroics (and potentially in some pug raids), but reglyphed and talented for better single target threat? What sort of threat difference would I see?

5. Would I be correct in assuming that the best possible glyphs for this single target spec would be Blocking, Devastate and Vigilance, or would revenge be the better bet?

Thanks for the great resources here (and hopefully in advance for some responses!), having a great time reading through threads and getting into the way of the warrior after years of priesting.

For heroics Gylph Devestate (that takes care of single target) Glyph Cleave (get friendly with TAB after each cleave) and Blocking. A standard 15/3/53 Cookie cutter spec is fine for both heroics and Pugs. Just pop vigilance on a hunter in pugs and Nom on threat.

Double Checking my gem choice for the boots I'm having crafted - footpads of impending death - for my bear tank. Traditional wisdom seems to be all stam except for one to activate the meta. A small part of me wants to go with the Shifting Dreadstone (agi/stam hybrid) to get the 6 agi and not give up too much stam (8 points i believe). How hard should I suppress this urge?

EDIT: Went with the double stam gems.
    Last edited by grizlee; 07-10-2010 at 08:54 PM.

withdrawn
    Last edited by Abir; 07-10-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: question answered

How much health should a prot warrior have before attempting Trial of the Champion on normal mode?

trial of the champion normal? you mean like the level 80 5-man non-heroic? or the 10 man normal mode raid?

if you mean the 5 man instance i tanked that at level 79 with no epics

as long as you're def capped (doesn't apply if you're a druid) and your healer doesn't suck and everyone knows how to play you can tank it with 20k+ health fine
    Last edited by kungfugrip; 07-25-2010 at 05:36 AM.

Trial of the champion is the 5man, trial of the crusader is the raid

but yes ive seen level 79 tanks with something like 16k hp tank it and live. its abit of a challenge for the healer but not impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldie View Post
    Trial of the champion is the 5man, trial of the crusader is the raid
    just wanted to make sure HE knew which one he was referring to, back when it first came out i got them confused sometimes, lol

lol no I know what I'm talking about. Trial of the Champion 5-man on normal mode, opens up fresh into 80. I was just asking cause I've had a healer complain about my gear before in there (I was D-capped with almost 22k health unbuffed). I did feel guilty everytime I ran it though cause I always saw my health go down real fast. Wondering if I could get back in there now with 27.5k health unbuffed.

27k? yea your definitely fine. I mean, there will probably be a healer or two that whine about your health, but there always are, ever since icc is out and there are INSANE ub health amounts........seriously though, i remember way back when (not that long ago) the mt in my guild had 39k ub and that was the highest we had ever seen.
    Dont do drugs, they're bad. Why are they bad? because they are. shutup.

Is demoralizing shout on the spell hit table or the melee hit table?

I have a quick question to bear tanks, does primal gore (Grants the periodic damage from your Lacerate and Rip abilities the ability to critically hit.) proc Primal Fury (gain an additional 5 Rage every time you get a critical hit)
    I want to be a gnome shaman with mechanical chickens on sticks for totems

27k is good hell at 27k I did normal HoR gratted my healer was a op kingslaying disc priest who's bubbles didn't break the whole instance but still at 27k you should be all good for H toc let alone n toc as long as you trust your healer, the problem is if their in normal toc they're their for gear not just randomed into it most of the time so I healer maybe a little slow not their fault but still
    I want to be a gnome shaman with mechanical chickens on sticks for totems

Hey,

I am currently writing a protection warrior guide for the german WoW forum and for my guild and I am looking for a list of all warrior threat abilities, especially their damage and most importantly their attack power modifiers. Do we have some cute little list available here or can someone offer me some numbers?

Thanks

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-%28Warrior%29

Might not be absolutely up to date, so use with caution.

Great responses there but it's much easier to tank to the much higher level entry right?

I've seen a few people mention that they are farming badges so they have a bunch of justice points for when cata hits, but my understanding was that justice points will be the low tier "badge" and will be used for buying already available gear. So when we hit 85, justice points will only get you ICC gear. Am I wrong?

Cheers.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by bugenhagen View Post
    I've seen a few people mention that they are farming badges so they have a bunch of justice points for when cata hits, but my understanding was that justice points will be the low tier "badge" and will be used for buying already available gear. So when we hit 85, justice points will only get you ICC gear. Am I wrong?

Cheers.
    Nope, sounds about right.

More importantly, the points are caped and when Cataclysm actually releases, the "hard cap" gets enforced, meaning anything over the cap gets converted to money. Think of it like honor. If you're capped at 75,000 honor, and it costs you 70,000 honor to buy a piece of gear... how many pieces can you buy? The new cap will be 4000. If you have 500,000 justice points that were converted in the first pass, you had way too much to begin with. However once the hard cap is enforced, you drop to 4000 instantly, and any surplus is simply lost (converted to money). Now if an item costs 3750 points of 4000, how many items do you think you can buy with all that left over currency you had from Wrath of the Lich King?

Even if you can have access to the new gear with the points, similar to how honor has always worked in the past, you are still bound by the hard cap on the currency and that limits how much "pre-farming" you can do.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread