+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

If I have a stray red and a prismatic socket in my block set, do I gem them with Strength? It is not a serious block set for Anub adds or anything, I just put one together for funsies and from boredom and it's pretty decent (25.6% block passive, 2.2k BV).

If I give an heirloom item to an alt, can I then move the alt to another server, or will heirloom items not transfer? I have a toon on a different server than my main, and I want to give him the cold weather flying tome.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmonico View Post
    If I give an heirloom item to an alt, can I then move the alt to another server, or will heirloom items not transfer? I have a toon on a different server than my main, and I want to give him the cold weather flying tome.
    If you transfer that character to another server, the heirloom items on them go with them. Account bound items will move with you to a different server and once transfered you won't be able to send them back to the prior server (least not until they add some cross-server mailing support of account bound items which may come in the future but isn't currently supported).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    If you transfer that character to another server, the heirloom items on them go with them. Account bound items will move with you to a different server and once transfered you won't be able to send them back to the prior server (least not until they add some cross-server mailing support of account bound items which may come in the future but isn't currently supported).
    Thanks Quin.

New to the tanking game

Hi All, new to the tanking game and was wondering whats the most important stat to go after during the early levels ie; Stam, Strength, Attack power, Crit...? I'm leveling as a prot warrior and prety much doing very little questing mostly dungeons. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Strength and stam up until the 50s really. After that you want to try to get some defense rating. Once you hit 80 you'll need to softcap that to 540 skill. But for leveling up str and stam should be the main ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Given that tanking in my Death Knight's offspec and will generally be gearing up purely through badges, is the Tier 9 4 Piece bonus worth taking over the ilvl 245 badge items? Or would I just be better off with the additional stats from the higher tier pieces?

Why was the word "Marmot" chosen for the project and the weekly videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Djtk View Post
    Why was the word "Marmot" chosen for the project and the weekly videos?
    the marmot has been our "mascot" for several years now. Why it was chosen? Because they're awesome.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

So i have been away for several weeks and noticed that there has been alot of changes and the question is: on a warrior tank witch is better avoidance or Hp got hp now around 36k and avoidance something 64% ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonttu View Post
    So i have been away for several weeks and noticed that there has been alot of changes and the question is: on a warrior tank witch is better avoidance or Hp got hp now around 36k and avoidance something 64% ?
    EH. This is different from hp in that it includes armor. Your avoidance is on the high side, your hp is on the low side, though neither are too high or too low for most content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

ookey so my armor is around 26k should i use glyph of indomitability(the trinket witch gives 1792 armor instead of fervor of the frostbourn(gives 114 dodge rating ~2.9%)

If you're going for Effective Health, you'd go for the armor. If you're going for avoidance get the dodge. As a tank you will generally have different sets which you may interchange depending on the particular context. Generally speaking, effective health is always better, however that's not to say you may not have a personal preference to have more avoidance on a particular encounter.

Effective Health means you can take more hits before you die. So when you fail to dodge 3 attacks in a row, did you still survive that? Avoidance means you have the potential of negating some attacks, however you can't gaurentee that you won't be hit 3 times in a row. That is why effective health is considered to always be better.

Avoidance is chance. Effective health is always there.

In this context it's a hard comparison because one procs additional armor for one sixth the time (20 seconds of 2 minutes = 1/6), however still nets you less average armor gain. The other has a use effect which increases dodge for one sixth of the time, however still nets you less average dodge gain. They are very close in the actual numbers. However the armor all the time nets higher armor, so Glyph of Indomitability nets more effective health gained and would be considered better.

I should add however, many people would prefer a trinket with stamina on it as a tank, because stamina adds effective health at the fastest rate. In a side by side comparison, Glyph of Indomitability is better than Fervor of the Frostborn, however is likely weaker than other trinket options which have stamina on it.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 01-16-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Well, keep in mind armor is only effective health against physical damage. Granted that is usually the case, but i wouldn't have a blanket "EH" set that stacked all my armor gear.

A tank should have two seperate EH sets, one featuring all the armor and the other maximizing stam for those instances where armor would be wasted by large spell damage.

Just out of crazy speculation (I'm pretty sure the answer is no) but does Dual Wield Specialization affect damage done by Shields?

Working on boss solo builds.

Thanks,

//kak
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

okey well thx for the advise i think i use the glyph and try to get the stam trinket from totc to the other slot where i have now the 170stam brewfest trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Tredivh View Post
    Given that tanking in my Death Knight's offspec and will generally be gearing up purely through badges, is the Tier 9 4 Piece bonus worth taking over the ilvl 245 badge items? Or would I just be better off with the additional stats from the higher tier pieces?
    DK Tank t9 is worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    DK Tank t9 is not worth getting.
    Fixt.

But, on a more serious note to that effect: I never used the 4p (i had superior ilvl gear before i got 4 tokens, *shrug*) and didn't see the trade-off to be a good one. If you're lookin at ilvl245 stuff the crafted chest will give you better stats, not to mention any toGc loot is generally superior to the t9.

Much like the present tier of set gear, the bonus is neat, but it hardly out-weighs stat losses that would cause you to take a hit in stam, armor, free sockets *usually means more stam,* etc.
    Last edited by Proletaria; 01-19-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Base Stats

I've been working on an excel file and I want to add warriors to it before posting it up. I need the base stat values but I cant find them anywhere for level 80. Anyone able to direct me to the right place? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hightin-Uldaman View Post
    I've been working on an excel file and I want to add warriors to it before posting it up. I need the base stat values but I cant find them anywhere for level 80. Anyone able to direct me to the right place? Thanks!
    Hover over the stat on your character page in game or on the armory. The number not in green in the parentheses is the base value (determined by race, class and level).

As for a spreadsheet, there likely already is one out there depending on specifically what you are looking for.

+ Reply to Thread