+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    Kind of a strange question but I looked and didn't find a definite answer. I think I read somewhere that STR has a point where DR kicks in gemming for it bad itemization. Does anyone know where I could find this info or does anyone know if Pally's and Warrios have a STR cap?
    The reason being for this question is I'm at 1450 str and have the proc 200str libram and my warrior partner is around 1400 and like to match his sockets w/str. So finding this out would help us both.

This is both true and false.

While the value of strength will not decrease (for DPS) from one point to the next (i.e. if the 1000th point is worth 1 more DPS than 999, then the 1001st point is worth 1 more DPS than 1000). However stats do interact with each other. While the absolute value of Strength hasn't changed, the relative value has. If you increase your Strength the value of stats like Hit, Crit (and Agility), Armor Penetration, and Haste increase (provided they aren't already hard capped). The value of Strength itself hasn't changed, but the value of the other stats which interact with it has.

The value of Strength doesn't deminish (for DPS). The value of other stats increases, so its relative value does deminish. It is unlikely that you ever hit a point where the other stats overtake it in value though.

Quote Originally Posted by Valalvax View Post
    I assume you're talking about DPS? and no, no basic stats have a DR, if you're talking about Tanking... just... don't... and tell your warrior buddy to stop too... it's BAD
    There are deminished returns on the basic stats. Stamina and Spirit are the only ones which do not deminish. Intellect eventually deminishes because a caster exceeds 100% chance to crit (quite easy for a Moonkin with +40% chance to crit from Eclipse to start seeing a deminished return for example). Agility eventually deminishes because a physical dps exceeds 100% chance to crit. Agility since it affects dodge has deminished returns for tanks. Strength since it affects parry for Death Knights has deminished returns for that class.

I'm sure this has been asked many times in the past, but I just now registered an account to ask this: Is there anywhere or any way to download the background music to the WotLK boss strategy videos? I find the music very relaxing and would love to have access to it without having to hear a strategy of some random boss in the background.

Thanks for any help.

No. The music is on a license purchased by Tankspot and they're not able to give it out. I suppose you could ask where the music comes from and seek its source, but Tankspot won't be able to give it to you.

I may buy it anyway lol, It is relaxing, great study music!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    No. The music is on a license purchased by Tankspot and they're not able to give it out. I suppose you could ask where the music comes from and seek its source, but Tankspot won't be able to give it to you.
    Well that's kind of what I was hoping to do here. Do they not post here?

I don't know if Ciderhelm or any of the other people with that knowledge post here, but you may want to make your question clearer if you're trying to get such an answer.

What was the final decision on the tank weapon enchant......so many choices.....they are all logical!

PS

Rimefang's Claw Vs Falric's Wrist-Chopper

Falric's is getting huge points atm for being very sexy.
    Last edited by Consilium; 12-25-2009 at 05:31 AM.

Sup, I'm fairly experienced in tanking, it's my off spec. Anyways, I'm trying to tank some heroics to help a friend gear up and I can't seem to keep mobs in front of me for the life of me. I back up and they stand behind me and I fall behind on threat trying to get them back in front of me. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a way around this issue?

I'm leveling a warrior currently (just hit 10). I'll be questing mostly but want to tank from time to time, such as the bosses in AV or, more commonly of course, instances. I don't want to level as prot just yet as I don't think it will be fast, especially because I'm just now getting talent points. Would I be able to tank instances as a fury warrior, just swapping out my offhand weapon with a shield?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. I figured you can tank instances as whatever spec at least until Wrath or maybe BC, but I just wasn't sure with warriors. For anyone else interested in this, check out this thread:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f175/...nk-advice.html
    Last edited by keebz; 12-25-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Keebzz - Blood Tank | Frost DPS
    Something Wicked | US Malfurion

I've been leveling a warrior as Fury (level 16) but with a sword and shield. For some reason I enjoy it and it almost feels like it's giving me some more survivability for completely-red quests (I've done a few). Now my question is: will picking up a random quest or heirloom off-hand weapon make my rage generation and damage output that much greater? At the moment it seems like my rage generation is not that great (I only have enough for Thunderclap off c/d and keep rend up). Will dual wield at 20 help with this or is this something that is a result of me not using my abilities correctly (although I just recently picked up stuff like Overpower which may make it easier on rage.
    Keebzz - Blood Tank | Frost DPS
    Something Wicked | US Malfurion

Been reading through some of Satrina's guides on the forums and one value that get's used in a lot of formulas is "22167.5". Just curious where this value comes from or represents.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearful View Post
    Sup, I'm fairly experienced in tanking, it's my off spec. Anyways, I'm trying to tank some heroics to help a friend gear up and I can't seem to keep mobs in front of me for the life of me. I back up and they stand behind me and I fall behind on threat trying to get them back in front of me. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a way around this issue?
    I didnt see a response for this, unless I overlooked it on accident. Its nothing you are doing, its a bug that as far as I know hasnt been hot fixed completely yet as I still get this as well. But somehow blizzard messed something up and the mobs do not follow correctly sometimes. It sucks but not much you can do other than keep trying to position them.

Quote Originally Posted by keebz View Post
    I've been leveling a warrior as Fury (level 16) but with a sword and shield. For some reason I enjoy it and it almost feels like it's giving me some more survivability for completely-red quests (I've done a few). Now my question is: will picking up a random quest or heirloom off-hand weapon make my rage generation and damage output that much greater? At the moment it seems like my rage generation is not that great (I only have enough for Thunderclap off c/d and keep rend up). Will dual wield at 20 help with this or is this something that is a result of me not using my abilities correctly (although I just recently picked up stuff like Overpower which may make it easier on rage.
    Heirloom items are equivalent to having a rare (blue) quality item at your current level. Think of it like the twinks dream gear, to be fully decked out in all level 19 blues. It's not really that black and white cause there is the potential that you find better items at your level, however you will quickly outgrow them. Heirloom items simply allow you to level faster without having to worry about replacing your gear all the time. Rage generation while you level is different than rage generation once you are max level, or at least closer to it because you currently don't have enough talent points to get the necessary rage generation talents. That will come with time.

Random question for you all:

So the WoW Armory search function has a choice for Paladins where it lists: Melee DPS, Healer, Tank, Caster DPS.
    The last got me curious... that just there because Pallies have a healing tree that casts, so they automatically figure in a casting dps search function, or did pallies once do some casting dps? Got me curious as to how high Holy Shock, Exorcism, etc. can hit for (note that I am NOT asking/claiming that it would do more damage than a Ret spec)? My pally is only level 60, so I don't know a lot about their damage output, etc. towards endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    Random question for you all:

So the WoW Armory search function has a choice for Paladins where it lists: Melee DPS, Healer, Tank, Caster DPS.
    The last got me curious... that just there because Pallies have a healing tree that casts, so they automatically figure in a casting dps search function, or did pallies once do some casting dps? Got me curious as to how high Holy Shock, Exorcism, etc. can hit for (note that I am NOT asking/claiming that it would do more damage than a Ret spec)? My pally is only level 60, so I don't know a lot about their damage output, etc. towards endgame.
    It's just a mistake on their part. What the system did is whenever Healer was an option, Caster DPS was also an option automatically. It holds true for all three of the other healer classes. In the case of Paladin it's incorrect. These filters are very similar with one exception. Caster DPS is the less restrictive filter. What this means is all results of the Healer filter are also results of the Caster DPS filter (you can find Healing gear in the Caster DPS gear).

Caster DPS Filter =
    Spellpower > 0

Healer Filter =
    Spellpower > 0
    Hit Rating = 0
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 12-29-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Just wondering if Tankspot is going to make another "Glory of the Raider" or movie like it for Ulduar/ICC?

I have a level 40ish Warrior tank that I've been playing around with the new instance tool with. Not really worried much about his gear (although I've managed to get a fair amount of stamina/defense for him, which is great). My issue is more of a tactical one. For trash pulls, I bloodrage, run in, and thunderclap. After that, cleave and tab target / revenge+shield slam seems to do the trick. However, I haven't worked out a good sequence for what to do if bloodrage is on cooldown. I can run in, but that usually means DPS is pulling stuff off me before I get enough range for t-clap. I can battle stance/charge in->Defensive Stance->T-clap; but that still seems too slow. Any tips? What am I missing? (Besides patient DPS :P).

At your level, I would say the thing you are missing is crowd control. You can also try demoralizing shout, which gets the mob's attention and causes a little aggro.

At level 46 charge will generate 15 rage, with the first white swing you should be around 20 rage to TC, at that point.

Del

rolled DK recently and still being a WoW noob; can you have your weapon enchanted and runeforged? (i'm assuming no, but if yes, then awesome! )

Quote Originally Posted by Minká View Post
    rolled DK recently and still being a WoW noob; can you have your weapon enchanted and runeforged? (i'm assuming no, but if yes, then awesome! )
    No, Runeforging counts as the enchant.

+ Reply to Thread